Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Haley Makin' His Move......

Default Haley Makin' His Move......

Barbour Will Head to Iowa for GOP Event
    By Tricia Miller
    Feb. 14, 2011, 12:24 p.m.

Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour will speak at the Iowa GOP’s Chairman’s Dinner on March 15 in the Quad Cities.

Iowa GOP Chairman Matt Strawn’s dinner will kick off a year-long series of events with national political leaders meant to promote county Republican organizations. The dinner will be held in Scott County, the third-most-populous county in the Hawkeye State. The state party’s press release noted that Republicans have momentum there, pointing to their support of now-Gov. Terry Branstad (R).

“Not only did Scott County Republicans deliver for Terry Branstad in November, they won a Dem-held State House seat and swept all three county supervisor seats to hold a 4-1 GOP margin on the Board,” Strawn said in the release.

The state party said it would announce speakers at more events in the series “in the coming weeks.”

Barbour is among a number of potential Republican presidential candidates who are taking every opportunity to interact with Republicans in the state that hosts the nation’s first presidential caucuses.

Last week, Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) announced former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) would speak at an event his leadership political action committee will host in Des Moines on March 26. King had already announced that Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) would give the keynote address that day.

And socially conservative group the Family Leader has lined up a number of potential candidates for its lecture series across Iowa. Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R) went first, speaking at three Iowa schools on Feb. 7.

The events lead up to the nonbinding Ames Straw Poll on Aug. 13, which may weed out weaker candidates before the official caucuses in February. Though some candidates have skipped the straw poll in the past, this year a debate earlier in the week will give them extra incentive to participate.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/-203369...email&pos=epol
    __________________________________________________ ______________

This guy is legit to me.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

He is to me as well, but will most of the country be able to get past his heavy southern accent?

(I grew up in SC and live in TN, I have no problem with southern accents)
    Bill Davis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    He is to me as well, but will most of the country be able to get past his heavy southern accent?

I don't think its his southern accent that the country has to get past because Jimmy Carter also had a southern accent. Its his being a racist that will keep him from being elected.

I dunno, they tolerate the Dan Akroyd Chicago accent.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I don't think its his southern accent that the country has to get past because Jimmy Carter also had a southern accent. Its his being a racist that will keep him from being elected.

I would say that's one of the dumbest things you have ever said. but you say so many dumb things it's hard to keep track. Care to back your claim up, or be like the drive-by media and just throw bombs as you go?
    Bill Davis

Well, this thread is now STAINED!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

I would say that's one of the dumbest things you have ever said. but you say so many dumb things it's hard to keep track. Care to back your claim up, or be like the drive-by media and just throw bombs as you go?
    Here is why I think Hailey Barbour is a racist and that any run for the presidency there are some facts that will be brought up.

The Weekly Standard piece proves that Barbour is either dishonest or so blindly ignorant that one can scarcely imagine how he’s managed a successful political career.
    Harold Evans: Haley Barbour Needs a History LessonIt’s true that in Yazoo, the local Citizens Council stood against the Klan—because it was worried about the competition. Citizens Councils were white supremacist organizations that were formed in the 1950s to defend segregation. They tended to be more upscale and respectable than the Klan, but they didn’t disagree with Klan racism. In his book Local People: The Struggle for Civil Rights in Mississippi, John Dittmer wrote, “The Yazoo City chapter of the Citizens Council went on record opposing the Klan, adding that ‘your Citizens Council was formed to preserve the separation of the races, and believes that it can best serve the county where it is the only organization operating in this field.”

Rather than resorting to terrorism, the “town leaders” of the Citizens Councils used more genteel methods to punish African Americans who dared demand civil rights. When black parents in Yazoo filed petitions to desegregate county schools, the Citizens Council took out a full-page newspaper add with their names and addresses. The same information, Dittmer writes, was posted on placards in every store in town. All the signatories with white employers lost their jobs. The self-employed were subject to punishing boycotts: One grocer, for example, left the state after distributors destroyed his business by refusing to sell to him.
    Could Barbour really not know this history? If so, he has awfully bad memory, since he’s been through a similar controversy before. In 2003, Barbour’s photograph appeared on the website of the Council for Conservative Citizens, the Citizens Councils' successor organization, alongside articles like “In defense of racism.” The picture was taken at one of the group’s fundraising barbeques. There was a media uproar, and while Barbour denied knowledge of CCC’s racist activities, he also refused ask for the removal of his photo.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...ull/full/full/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Well, this thread is now STAINED!!

RK
    Ok Mr. Know It All. What, am I not allowed to have an opinion???????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Utb...eature=related

Here is why I think Hailey Barbour is a racist and that any run for the presidency there are some facts that will be brought up.

The Weekly Standard piece proves that Barbour is either dishonest or so blindly ignorant that one can scarcely imagine how he’s managed a successful political career.
    Harold Evans: Haley Barbour Needs a History LessonIt’s true that in Yazoo, the local Citizens Council stood against the Klan—because it was worried about the competition. Citizens Councils were white supremacist organizations that were formed in the 1950s to defend segregation. They tended to be more upscale and respectable than the Klan, but they didn’t disagree with Klan racism. In his book Local People: The Struggle for Civil Rights in Mississippi, John Dittmer wrote, “The Yazoo City chapter of the Citizens Council went on record opposing the Klan, adding that ‘your Citizens Council was formed to preserve the separation of the races, and believes that it can best serve the county where it is the only organization operating in this field.”

Rather than resorting to terrorism, the “town leaders” of the Citizens Councils used more genteel methods to punish African Americans who dared demand civil rights. When black parents in Yazoo filed petitions to desegregate county schools, the Citizens Council took out a full-page newspaper add with their names and addresses. The same information, Dittmer writes, was posted on placards in every store in town. All the signatories with white employers lost their jobs. The self-employed were subject to punishing boycotts: One grocer, for example, left the state after distributors destroyed his business by refusing to sell to him.
    Could Barbour really not know this history? If so, he has awfully bad memory, since he’s been through a similar controversy before. In 2003, Barbour’s photograph appeared on the website of the Council for Conservative Citizens, the Citizens Councils' successor organization, alongside articles like “In defense of racism.” The picture was taken at one of the group’s fundraising barbeques. There was a media uproar, and while Barbour denied knowledge of CCC’s racist activities, he also refused ask for the removal of his photo.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...ull/full/full/

Does Barbour get to use the same excuse that Obama used when asked about his ties to The Weather Underground People? Hey I was just a kid...what could I know? Worked for Obama...maybe Barbour should try it.
    Bill Davis

Banned

Does Barbour get to use the same excuse that Obama used when asked about his ties to The Weather Underground People? Hey I was just a kid...what could I know? Worked for Obama...maybe Barbour should try it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntinman

You asked me to back up my claim and I did. I did not just throw a bomb out there. I do not know what will or will not work for Barbour I just think his racial views will not get him elected.