The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Haley Makin' His Move......

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Excuse me.

I asked RK to show me where I called Barbour a racist....and the silence has been deafening. I guess that's his way of conceding that he was WRONG.

Now you bunch me into a similar claim as well.

Read my posts and show me where I called anyone a racist. The closest I came was saying that all camps have a certain degree of racists, that will vote based solely on color.

I'm waiting for your evidence to back up your claim.

(I won't hold my breath)

You guys are long on accusations.......and very short on facts or support!

OK, I can see where I was off on that a little...sorry man. You were more fair than some of the other lefties on the issue. I still don't agree with all your arguments in the thread, but I will concede on this one... how's that?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    For a left of center guy, Blackstone comports himself and presents his side very well.

I actually read his entire posts.

RK
    Most of us have a game changer in our evaluation of candidates, mine is where they stand on guns & their fiscal policy, but it is guns foremost. This is apparently Blackstones signature issue, regardless of how those of us who have gone beyond that may disagree.

I too, read most of Blackstone's posts. I don't believe him to be that far left of center except on this issue. He posts like a guy you wouldn't mind having as a neighbor & going hunting with except for this little cloud over his head . You never know when it's going to rain on the parade!!!!!!!

But when you sound like sharpton, jackson, wright, waters in your posts credibility is hard to maintain. Especially when the opposite viewpoint is presented by such as Moynihan, Dr. Thomas Sowell, Colbert King, Bill Cosby, Barbara Jordan & many others who are intellectual heavyweights.

I believe racism to be a moot issue & only useful for accusations to gain ground that an intelligent discussion will not gain. The intelligent discussion showing the point to be indefensible. The American public is not stupid, though the last election made you wonder, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise. We have certainly seen what reckless spending & policy will create, hopefully there are some intelligent enough, with power, to lead the country out of this morass of liberal making. I do believe it will be a long time before the country will be willing to turn the reins over to a person who looks like Blackstone & that is unfortunate as I believe there are those who should be competing for that position.

I judge people by their actions, nothing else. It makes for some interesting relationships when you are able to discuss fully issues where you share a common interest if not the same viewpoint. I believe from reading & evaluating Blackstone's posts that some day he will realize he was overzealous in his approach to this issue.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    OK, I can see where I was off on that a little...sorry man. You were more fair than some of the other lefties on the issue. I still don't agree with all your arguments in the thread, but I will concede on this one... how's that?
    Hey, maybe we can all "just get along" afterall!

really, I do try to be careful when crying racist. That is a very powerful word, and without the ability to get into someone's heart and mind....that's a tough one to call. Sometimes one's actions clearly define their intentions, but I haven't seen Haley demonstrate himself to be a racist.

For someone who has political aspirations, and needs to show leadership and connection with different groups of people, I think his comments were insensitive and perhaps a little foolish....but did not rise to racist in my assessment. I'm sure others will feel different...in both directions.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Excuse me.

I asked RK to show me where I called Barbour a racist....and the silence has been deafening. I guess that's his way of conceding that he was WRONG.

Now you bunch me into a similar claim as well.

Read my posts and show me where I called anyone a racist. The closest I came was saying that all camps have a certain degree of racists, that will vote based solely on color.

I'm waiting for your evidence to back up your claim.

(I won't hold my breath)

You guys are long on accusations.......and very short on facts or support!
    Because I never said you did.

Here is a bulletin: IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU!!!

If you say something worthy of a response, I respond.
    But for the other 98% of your posts, I pay little or no attention, just like everybody else.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Because I never said you did.

Here is a bulletin: IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU!!!

If you say something worthy of a response, I respond.
    But for the other 99.98% of your posts, I pay little or no attention, just like everybody else.

RK
    Fixed it for You - he posts little worthy of being posted .

Marvin S

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Fixed it for You - he posts little worthy of being posted .
    Well, that must be in the 0.02% because both of you felt the need to reply.

Well, here's a direct quote from RK:

Like I said earlier, it's just a word you left wing progressives use to denigrate someone that scares you!!

Since that was written to me, it implies that I used the word "racist" to denigrate someone.

So YES, you did say that.

(and NO, I didn't call Haley a racist)

Just settin' the record straight. I know that bothers some of you, but that's the way it is.

Edit: I took out the childish laughter that RK often puts in is posts. Don't want to be accused of plagiarism. But I am laughing.
    Last edited by dnf777; 02-16-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Well, that must be in the 0.02% because both of you felt the need to reply.

Well, here's a direct quote from RK:

Like I said earlier, it's just a word you left wing progressives use to denigrate someone that scares you!!

Since that was written to me, it implies that I used the word "racist" to denigrate someone.

So YES, you did say that.

(and NO, I didn't call Haley a racist)

Just settin' the record straight. I know that bothers some of you, but that's the way it is.

Edit: I took out the childish laughter that RK often puts in is posts. Don't want to be accused of plagiarism. But I am laughing.
    RK hit on what is so irritating about you. And that is that you think it's all about you! Reading your posts, they're all I, I, I! At least you don't write in third person (like Bob Dole used to talk). That would really be irritating!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Most of us have a game changer in our evaluation of candidates, mine is where they stand on guns & their fiscal policy, but it is guns foremost. This is apparently Blackstones signature issue, regardless of how those of us who have gone beyond that may disagree.

I too, read most of Blackstone's posts. I don't believe him to be that far left of center except on this issue. He posts like a guy you wouldn't mind having as a neighbor & going hunting with except for this little cloud over his head . You never know when it's going to rain on the parade!!!!!!!

But when you sound like sharpton, jackson, wright, waters in your posts credibility is hard to maintain. Especially when the opposite viewpoint is presented by such as Moynihan, Dr. Thomas Sowell, Colbert King, Bill Cosby, Barbara Jordan & many others who are intellectual heavyweights.

I believe racism to be a moot issue & only useful for accusations to gain ground that an intelligent discussion will not gain. The intelligent discussion showing the point to be indefensible. The American public is not stupid, though the last election made you wonder, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise. We have certainly seen what reckless spending & policy will create, hopefully there are some intelligent enough, with power, to lead the country out of this morass of liberal making. I do believe it will be a long time before the country will be willing to turn the reins over to a person who looks like Blackstone & that is unfortunate as I believe there are those who should be competing for that position.

I judge people by their actions, nothing else. It makes for some interesting relationships when you are able to discuss fully issues where you share a common interest if not the same viewpoint. I believe from reading & evaluating Blackstone's posts that some day he will realize he was overzealous in his approach to this issue.
    This is hardly my ďsignature issue.Ē There are a number of issues that would cause me to either vote for, or not vote for a candidate. This is but one of them. You may seek to trivialize it, but it isnít trivial to those it affects negatively. And, when I see a candidate that appears to embrace those kinds of ideas, I cannot support them.

I was not aware Sowell, Cosby, and the other intellectual heavyweights you mentioned had come out in support or defense of Haley Barbour and his comments. Please post that so I can see it. Perhaps it will change my opinion of him.

You have but to look at the Council for Conservative Citizensí website to see their ideologies, and then look at the number of high ranking politicians that are either members or attend their events to know that racism is not a moot point. These are people whose beliefs can potentially affect the direction of this country. If they believe the same things the Council for Conservative Citizens believes, I donít want them in charge. That goes for Haley Barbour as well.

I donít think anyone can deny the Council for Conservative Citizens is a racist organization, and I donít think anyone can deny Barbour has ties to them. Refusing to vote for him based on that doesnít make me overzealous. Refusing to acknowledge it and take it into consideration would make me stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    RK hit on what is so irritating about you. And that is that you think it's all about you! Reading your posts, they're all I, I, I! At least you don't write in third person (like Bob Dole used to talk). That would really be irritating!
    Please put me on ignore then. Unlike some others here I only put forth MY opinion. I don't tell others what they feel or think. Maybe you and a few others should give that a try?

What were you saying about my posts being all "I, I, I"??? Here a sampling of someone you may know....

I am comparing both vehicles equally. The Volt has an IC engine, batteries, and electric motors. Replace the batteries and motors with IC engine based transaxle and you would be money and energy ahead. But then you would have a standard Malibu, not a half-assed electric car.

I know the difference between a tax rebate and a credit (once again, condescending). This is a rebate. Take from my pocket and give to the Volt buyer. Sen. Stabenow (D-MI) has a bill to give the $7500 rebate to the buyer at the time of sale, instead of waiting until this year's tax refund check. I don't think that happened when people bought the first $100 TI calculator in the 1970's.

Look familiar? Hint: it's not 777's words!
    Last edited by dnf777; 02-16-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I was not aware Sowell, Cosby, and the other intellectual heavyweights you mentioned had come out in support or defense of Haley Barbour and his comments. Please post that so I can see it. Perhaps it will change my opinion of him.

I donít think anyone can deny the Council for Conservative Citizens is a racist organization,
    They did not come out in support of anyone. What they said was " the people who look like you are responsible for what happens to the people who look like you. & they need to start doing something about that! The people who look like you are the only one's who can do that." You, meaning all of you who are adults, could start by making sure all your youth who look like you were more responsible in their actions by setting better examples for them to emulate.

IMO, any organization in America that is devoted solely to the perceived governmental need of a group based on nationality is racist. Start with the NAACP as an example. What have they accomplished that has improved the situation as Americans for those whom they claim to be spokespeople for?

Many who post on this forum probably could tell you where they were the recipients of treatment that was not perceived as fair. Most ignore it unless very blatant as it's not worth the effort to bring it to their attention. & eventually that person will get what's coming to them in spades. Your pursuit of this issue tells me you haven't gotten there yet . & you should think about that!!!!!!!!

& I am looking forward to your comments on "Pigford vs Glickman".

Marvin S