The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Haley Makin' His Move......

Quote Originally Posted by TxHillHunter View Post
    Not necessarily, no. I believe even the quotes you posted of his were his recollections.....do we know what his recollections were based on? Not from anything posted here. Perhaps he was sheltered from the more nefarious actions/beliefs of this organization. I don't know, and neither do you. So to label him a racist based on what you have provided is nothing better than "guilt by association." The guy was born in 1947, so at the height of the Civil Rights activity in MS (1963-1964) the guy was 16. I'm willing to cut him a little slack for what he may or may not have really been exposed to.

Not saying there may not be more there, but I think people are WAY too fast to label someone a racist based on what they think they know about that person.
    Come on, the man is older than me. I know what that organization was about, and I didnít live in Yazoo, MS. Surely he has learned something about the racist behavior of that organization in last 50 years. If not, heís certainly too stupid to be running for President (and, I donít think for a minute that heís stupid). After all, heís the Governor. Shouldnít he know the history of his state, good and bad?

Even if you think he has remained oblivious to the beliefs they held in those years, why was he posing for pictures at a Council for Conservative Citizens fund raiser in 2003? In case you missed in my earlier post, they are an offshoot of the White Citizens Council, and they promote and support a variety of conservative and paleo-conservative causes, which include white nationalism and white separatism. Their membership ranks included such esteemed members as Trent Lott, Strom Thurman, Jessie Helm & H. Guy Hunt, pretty much the whose who of racists. Do you think Barbour was still being shielded from their more nefarious actions and beliefs, and had no idea what they were about? Itís not like it was a secret. But, even he didnít, when he was made aware, why would he refuse to ask them to remove his picture from their website? It was right next to an article promoting the rational for racism. The answer is, he did know exactly what they were about. He has even spoken at events on more than one occasion. Itís inconceivable to think Barbour could keep showing up in supporting these racist organizations without knowing what they are about.

Let me ask you, if you posed for pictures with an organization, and later found out they were an organization of pedophiles, and they had posted your picture on their website that promoted pedophilia, wouldnít you demand they remove it . . . . unless, of course, you didnít find anything wrong with pedophilia?

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You are pulling this right out of your rear. At least come up with something to back up your accusations. You are starting to sound like a mini Al Sharpton...and that is no compliment.
    I gave you the history of the White Citizens Council. They intimidated blacks with both economic and physical harm just because they wanted the same type of education whites had access to. And, that wasnít the only issue they flexed their muscles on. I gave you the history of the Council for Conservative Citizens, and they still exist today. Both groups advocated and promoted racism against ďpeople that look like me,Ē so what am I pulling out of my rear . . . the truth? This is all a matter of public record. I posted a couple of links, but look it up for yourself since you think Iím pulling it out of my rear.

You challenged my opinion, I provided you with facts to back up what I said, and suddenly, Iím Al Sharpton? Could the real problem be you just donít want to hear it regardless of how true it is.

http://hnn.us/articles/134814.html

http://m.commercialappeal.com/news/2...s----a-racist/

http://cofcc.org/introduction/statement-of-principles/

Blackstone, with all due respect I would not even attempt to try and tell you of all people what is racist and what is not..You will always see the subject in a light none of us will ever know..

BUT

just because of your ethnicity, calling someone or some group racists does NOT mean that they are, they may be in YOUR eyes and in YOUR heart....but there is little to prove that they are and little to prove that they arent..You can play connect the dots and guilt by association which is something just about each and everyone here on POTUS has done at one time or another..

Only two people know if someone is a racist..the person themself, and the God that will judge them..everything else is speculation and opinion
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I do not think Haley barbour is a racist.

Do you think Obama's minister Rev. Wright is a racist? he said an awful lot of hateful stuff for a long time...still does. For that matter does Obama's support of his church make Obama a racist?

Tit for tat regards
    This thread is about Haley Barbour. If you want to talk about Obama, why don't you start a thread about him. I'm here talking about why I cannot support Haley Barbour for President (or, anything else for that matter). So, no tit for tat. Let's try to stay on subject.

For my money, you can't beat the entertainment value of "he's a racist" accusations and race relation lectures coming from folks who have white-flighted to fishbelly-white burgs like Oakdale, Watertown and Western, PA.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

We have never seen any evidence presented Cotts. Just some comments he supposedly made, but no one has posted those comments. Or any proof that he said anything that was "racist". AS RK said... were waiting... that's whats weak... branding someone racist with no evidence. An old, tired tactic of the left.
    Your missing the point here, he showed you why he believes Barbour is a rascist, argue against his premise, Bringing up Obama is irrelevant and a topic for another thread.
    Didn't see anything about comments in Rogers post just some actions and associations that Roger thinks are rascist.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Your missing the point here, he showed you why he believes Barbour is a rascist, argue against his premise, Bringing up Obama is irrelevant and a topic for another thread.
    Didn't see anything about comments in Rogers post just some actions and associations that Roger thinks are rascist.
    Thanks for the lesson Cotts.
    But we know how it works here.

Barbour is a conservative Republican therefore he is a RACIST!!!!

Thanks anyways............

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 02-16-2011 at 06:39 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Does his support of a blatantly, avowed racist organization make him a racist or not?
    Does Obama's affiliation with a terrorist organization make him a terrorist or not?

I'm not going off topic here....Barbour's affiliation with a racist organization bothers you to the point that you won't support him for anything. That is your right and I understand that. But why doesn't Obama's affiliation with a group that committed violent acts (and expressed regret at not committing more) against our beloved country bother you to the same extent?

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Blackstone, with all due respect I would not even attempt to try and tell you of all people what is racist and what is not..You will always see the subject in a light none of us will ever know..

BUT

just because of your ethnicity, calling someone or some group racists does NOT mean that they are, they may be in YOUR eyes and in YOUR heart....but there is little to prove that they are and little to prove that they arent..You can play connect the dots and guilt by association which is something just about each and everyone here on POTUS has done at one time or another..

Only two people know if someone is a racist..the person themself, and the God that will judge them..everything else is speculation and opinion
    My ethnicity may cause me to watch for racism more closely, but it does not make me accuse someone of racism without cause. There are other politicians that have made mistakes. Mike Huckabee provided a video taped address for a Council for Conservative Citizens national conference. But, after he found out what they were all about, he denounced their activities and distanced himself from them. George Bush spoke at Bob Jones University, but once their policies were brought to his attention, he apologized and distanced himself from them. Even Robert Byrd, who was once a member of the Klan, publically denounced them, admitted he had made a mistake joining, and tried to make amends. Whether or not these people were actually sincere, or only distanced themselves for the sake of their political careers, I donít know. But, they at least made the overture. You have not heard me accuse any of them of being racists. I believe people make mistakes and I believe people can change over time, so Iím willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. However, Barbour has a long history of association with racist groups that spans decades, and his support of them is as recent as Oct. of last year. Thatís a little more than connect the dots.

If Haley Barbour is not a racist, he is at the very least guilty of supporting, and being very tolerant of, racism and those organizations that promote it. If he sees nothing wrong with that, why would I believe he would represent my interests if he was President?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    If he sees nothing wrong with that, why would I believe he would represent my interests if he was President?
    Because you are an American, not an African American. It is the president's job to take care of Americans.