The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: patriot dog box

Default patriot dog box

does anyone own one of the patriot boxes i am thinking about buying one and just want some pros and cons about them tahnk you

I have one, and have been well pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwest View Post
    does anyone own one of the patriot boxes i am thinking about buying one and just want some pros and cons about them tahnk you
    I have one and am lukewarm to it. It's better than Creative Sports, Owens, and similar boxes but the design needs improvement. The doorways are small. My very average sized Goldens scrape their backs getting in out of the box. This also makes cleaning the interior of the holes almost impossible. Another issue is that the interior edges around the vents aren't really finished or attached in any way. As a result, a dog that gets anxious and starts pawing at the vent can peel back the edge. The divider between the two sides is not ventilated at all so it allows for absolutely no flow of air between the two sides. The door latches are pretty flimsy. Also, the corners need to be either filed or hammered to get rid of the razor sharp edges on the box when it comes from the factory. Basically for a nominal difference in production costs, the boxes could be made a lot more functional and safer.
    Last edited by J. Walker; 02-15-2011 at 08:45 PM.
    "When a good trainer stops learning about dogs, he stops being a good trainer." the late Gene Hill

"If you want to find out what kind of trainer you are, leave your transmitter in the truck." the late Rex Carr

http://www.earthbornholisticpetfood..../dog_formulas/