The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pigford Vs. Glickman

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Ya gotta do better than that - NR is highly respected. I don't waste the effort of a post that is gossip. The reference to Breitbart is only in passing . This is serious stuff & if I may repeat myself, the progressives Own it.

Possibly someone more computer literate than I can post the link.
    I don't the time right now to do much research, but here are a couple of things I saw that raised a question in my mind.

One of the claimants along with her husband was Shirley Sherrod (that one) who along with her husband collected $13,000,000 just 3 days after her name became famous.
    New Communities, Inc., a farming cooporative that Sherrod and her husband had been a part of was awarded $13,000,000 as a part of the law suit settlement. Sherod and her husband received $300k in damages for the loss of their land and “pain and suffering.” The also got $1.5 mil. in debt forgiveness. This was in 2009, not in 2010 after the whole USDA incident.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...006058,00.html

Somewhere along the way Andrew Breitbart became interested in the feeding frenzy. His contention is most claims were frivolous at best & fraudulent at worst. A MS couple murdered a guy they thought might testify in their fraudulent claim case & are now spending life in the Xbar hotel. The FBI figures that 1/2 the claims at the minimum are fraudulent but do not want to prosecute for fear of being tagged with the "racist" label. The USDA has turned a blind eye to the the issue. One USDA employee told Breitbart: we saw claims from affluent areas , Palm Beach & Palm Springs, one applicant claimed the Chicago office discriminated against him when they had never had a Chicago office. He called Pigford the biggest scam against the American taxpayer in the history of the US.
    When presented with Breitbart’s allegations, a USDA spokesman issued the following response:

“These accusations are nothing more than an attempt to derail an effort to provide long-overdue compensation to thousands of farmers who were discriminated against over several decades. Current census numbers on black farmers are not the proper guide for the number of claimants, and certainly no basis for allegations of fraud. Out of the 15,000 claims processed under Pigford I, the FBI determined that only 3 claims were fraudulent, and this Administration is committed to ensuring that the new claims process has integrity and provides justice to those who have suffered discrimination.

With scant evidence one was allowed to collect a virtually automatic cash payment of $50,000.
    Only about 63% of those claims were approved, even using the less-stringent Track A burden of proof.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/usda-...er-settlement/

http://nationaljournal.com/congress/...ement-20101122

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    You, my dear friend, are dilusional if you think for a minute the reigning head of this oligarchy is going to be blamed for anything this obvious.

I could care less if the world calls me racial, what is this fiasco but pure something-for-nothing-blacks wanting to rip off their nations taxpayers.

Want something else racial, Marvin? Come back to Sodak, and get involved in the Native Americans attempts at re-claiming the entire Black Hills...OR, of course, gazillions of $$$$ to offset their hurt feelings etc.

There is no answers to these type of claims, and the ludicrous time it takes to get them settled. It's all in the hands of lawyers. Why should they have any reason to hurry, since by the time any of these claims are settled, the attorneys will have poketed the 'slush fund' proceeds, so "surprise", we need to go after Joe Taxpayer again.

When will this country get past all the PC malarkey, and return to saying it like it is. Enough is enough. Look at the joke the airline industry has become because we cannot do ANY profiling. What fiasco. Wonder how many like me have just given up on any form of flying. When I had to remove my shoes and walk the serpentine in stocking feet in Memphis, that was my final plane ride.

WAKE UP AMERICA. DON'T YOU SEE WHAT THE HAVE-NOTHING BULLSHIT PEDDLERS ARE FOISTING ON THIS NATION???

UB
    Please tell me your really not serious about that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Please tell me your really not serious about that statement.

I seldom make statements I'm not serious about. Like right now, I'm very serious when I say to a person as gullible as you, YOU and your ilk are the reason for the problems this nation faces. And if you believe, like I suspect you do, the TSA is doing a great job, welcome to fantasy land...your blindness will set you free.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    I seldom make statements I'm not serious about. Like right now, I'm very serious when I say to a person as gullible as you, YOU and your ilk are the reason for the problems this nation faces. And if you believe, like I suspect you do, the TSA is doing a great job, welcome to fantasy land...your blindness will set you free.

UB
    These are the "useful idiots" to the secular progressive left!!

The beautiful irony!!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    These are the "useful idiots" to the secular progressive left!!

The beautiful irony!!!!!

RK
    Another thread hijacked by useless name-calling. (or is it "soiled"?)

Sad....so sad, when the police break the laws they usually enforce.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Another thread hijacked by useless name-calling. (or is it "soiled"?)

Sad....so sad, when the police break the laws they usually enforce.
    You wonder why noone here likes you??

Another attempt to derail a thread and make it personal.

Useful idiot: In political jargon, the term useful idiot was used to describe Soviet sympathizers in Western countries. The implication is that though the person in question naïvely thinks themselves an ally of the Soviets or other ideologies, they are actually held in contempt by them, and were being cynically used. The term is now used more broadly to describe someone who is perceived to be manipulated by a political movement, terrorist group, hostile government, or business, whether or not the group is Communist in nature.

A shame you don't read more........

Just tryin' to help.

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 02-17-2011 at 12:15 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

In the famous words of Ron White...

"That'll shut 'er up....for a minute..."

Oh, so its a snobby elitist name calling you engage in? I guess I'm just below that.
    I'll leave the sophisticated name calling to you from now on.....promise.

And I know perfectly well why many here don't like me, but its very polite and kind of you to point that out. Hope you have a nice day.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Oh, so its a snobby elitist name calling you engage in? I guess I'm just below that.

And I know perfectly well why many here don't like me, but its very polite and kind of you to point that out. Hope you have a nice day.
    Remember this?

Sandy the Dandy....take your place next to UB!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis