The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: Source of Iraq’s WMDs: ‘I made the whole thing up

  1. #11
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    [QUOTE=Roger Perry;751668]
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halabja_poison_gas_attack for example
    The Halabja poison gas attack , also known as Halabja massacre or Bloody Friday, was an incident that took place on March 16, 1988 BB43 (before Bush 43).
    The Iraqi High Criminal Court recognized the Halabja massacre as act of genocide on March 1, 2010. The attack killed between 3,200 and 5,000 people and injured around 7,000 and 10,000 more.[/quote]

    How does that number compare to the 4,000 plus U.S. service men and women that have been killed in Iraq and the thousands that have been maimed or wounded? How does that number compare to the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi men, women and children that have been killed, maimed or wounded since the start of the invasion in 2003?

    http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...VR5&FORM=LKVR4
    Roger,
    You're trying to show blind ideologues their hypocrisy. Its like telling a proud nudist that he doesn't have any clothes on, and hoping that will embarrass him.

    The truth has been shown, and known....to those willing to see.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Cloud the issue all you guys want to, but the clear fact of the matter is that Bush made the case to go to war in 2003 based on "reliable intelligence" that WMD's existed AT THAT TIME in 2003.

    That was clearly FALSE!!!

    Bush and his Administration have admitted that fact; I find it hard to believe, and would question the objectivity of those of you who still make excuses.

    There are incompetent, and or crooked BOOBS all over the place in govt. It seems ther are many who won't admit and will continue to rationalize a BOOB strictly because of his supposed party affiliation. Nothing will change until this changes.

    I voted for Bush in 2000, because I am a Conservative and he claimed to be one. He proved in 4 years that he was NOT a conservative; {either that or they changed the definition}. I would have voted for anyone BUT him in 2004.


    This could be due to a variety of reasons, some of nefarious reasons, and some innocent reasons.

    Regardless of the motivation for getting this most crucial decision wrong it clearly shows he missed the most important decision of his career. The U.S.A. is clearly the worse off for it.

    Before you guys jump on me and bash this post, please tell me what happened under Bush that makes you feel he was conservative.

    Then givew me your best shot. I promise NOT to run to the moderators
    So after re reading all the posts in this thread I have failed to come up with a single person that said the OP was wrong because of Bush's conservatism or lack thereof. Bush went off the intelligence he was given. So either you think Bush, the one you guys say is the most stupid president we have ever had, staged all the intelligence fed it to other countries to verify its authenticity and then went to war. All the while never getting caught. Or you think like most of the rest of the country that he was given intelligence that turned out to be false.

    Should we have come home when we didn't find any? Sure, but not much can be done about that now. I don't see how that is protecting a conservative, I would say the same thing had it been Obama or Clinton or whoever.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Yeah, who is the real war criminal Hussein or Bush. 15,000 dead or wounded under Hussein or hundreds of thousands dead or wounded under Bush?

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    [QUOTE=dnf777;751750]
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post

    Roger,
    You're trying to show blind ideologues their hypocrisy. Its like telling a proud nudist that he doesn't have any clothes on, and hoping that will embarrass him.

    The truth has been shown, and known....to those willing to see.
    I hope you don't mean Roger has shown us the truth. He has proved himself to be as bad as the "birthers" with his Bush lied crap. The TRUTH we KNOW is that the intelligence was there were WMD's and so we went to war the intelligence proved to be wrong. Is this the first time intelligence has been wrong or did Bush lie. What do you think DNF?

  5. #15
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TxHillHunter View Post
    Proud of a bold faced lie.....what a great influence on his sons this guy is.
    Bush has daughters, not sons.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  6. #16
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Bush has daughters, not sons.
    Roger, how did you get on DNF's computer?
    Bill Davis

  7. #17
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    [QUOTE=Cody Covey;751776]
    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

    I hope you don't mean Roger has shown us the truth. He has proved himself to be as bad as the "birthers" with his Bush lied crap. The TRUTH we KNOW is that the intelligence was there were WMD's and so we went to war the intelligence proved to be wrong. Is this the first time intelligence has been wrong or did Bush lie. What do you think DNF?
    We'll never know exactly 'what we knew'. We were told, "just wait, and you'll see...trust us", and of course we never did. There weren't WMDs during the time leading up to the invasion, and if they did, they were buried under tons of sand and totally ineffective. Those are the facts.

    What is in dispute, is what and WHEN we knew those things to be true. Was it truly in 2006? Or was it during or before the Iraq invasion? There is evidence to point to "before" the invasion. (Paul O'Neil, Scott McClelland, Downing St. memos, and numerous insider memoirs) We have high ranking officials telling us otherwise. I suspect we'll all be left to make up our own minds as to what really happened, based on the carefully selected and leaked information made available to the public.

    how's that for non-commital? I think its the best anyone can offer based on what's out there.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    There are incompetent, and or crooked BOOBS all over the place in govt. It seems ther are many who won't admit and will continue to rationalize a BOOB strictly because of his supposed party affiliation. Nothing will change until this changes.

    I voted for Bush in 2000, because I am a Conservative and he claimed to be one. He proved in 4 years that he was NOT a conservative; {either that or they changed the definition}. I would have voted for anyone BUT him in 2004.


    This could be due to a variety of reasons, some of nefarious reasons, and some innocent reasons.

    Regardless of the motivation for getting this most crucial decision wrong it clearly shows he missed the most important decision of his career. The U.S.A. is clearly the worse off for it.

    Before you guys jump on me and bash this post, please tell me what happened under Bush that makes you feel he was conservative.

    Then givew me your best shot. I promise NOT to run to the moderators
    You will not find many Bush defenders on this forum, but you will find that many thought him to be the best choice of those offered. But he did give us the present POTUS, which indirectly may be the signature accomplishment of his presidency .

    The federal bureaucracy is such that if it were placed on a scale it would tilt sharply left. One cannot expect rational decisions from the likes of those people.

    B43 was little different than B41, both are Rockefeller R's or whatever else you want to name the disease. It is hard to relate to real life issues when you've not seen them, but would have Gore or Kerry done as well & we would not have Roberts-Alito on the Supremes, though not B43's 1st choice.

    I judge conservatism by what AUH20 presented, precious few meet that standard & none meet his standard of not lining his pockets while in office.

    In your youthful years in Creede, were you a town kid or a ranch kid?
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  9. #19
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Well, if there's a face that can launch 1000 ships in ancient times....the modern version would be a "curveball" that can cause 100,000 deaths, including 4000+ American troops, and three trillion dollars evaporated away!

    1000 ships doesn't seem like that big of a deal anymore.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Well, if there's a face that can launch 1000 ships in ancient times....the modern version would be a "curveball" that can cause 100,000 deaths, including 4000+ American troops, and three trillion dollars evaporated away!

    1000 ships doesn't seem like that big of a deal anymore.
    Way to inflate the figures.

    The Iraq was has cost to date aprox 770 billion. Just like you to inflate the figures to back your argument. The numbers you are using figure in the temp. rise in oil as well as the financial crisis and anything else that the Washington Post thought was related to it in some fashion. Those figures are a joke to add in.

    http://costofwar.com/en/
    John Abramson

    Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

    American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

    Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •