The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Source of Iraqs WMDs: I made the whole thing up

just another Roger is a left wing radical and hates the United States post. Nothing new to see here...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Since you wrote that you're just a rodeo clown seeking mostly just to rile people up I've been doing an excellent job of ignoring your blather. I started to respond to your earlier post of you repeating the lie that the US supplied WMDs to Iraq (some pesticides made by US companies were used by Hussein in his chemical weapons...a far cry "the US supplied WMDs" nonsense), but stopped myself. But after reading the rubbish below I can't help myself. You win, congrats:
    Say Hew, you are awful silent on the articles I posted on Reagan and Bush41 supplying WMDs to Iraq. Did you get a chance to read them. The silence is deafening.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Say Hew, you are awful silent on the articles I posted on Reagan and Bush41 supplying WMDs to Iraq. Did you get a chance to read them. The silence is deafening.
    LOL. I didn't realize you were holding you breath. Some of us have jobs outside of posting on the interwebs.

You have stated, twice now, that the US supplied WMDs. We did not. The Iraqis were allowed to buy things that had legitimate uses beyond weapons from US companies that they later used in the production of their own WMDs. You can make the argument that: 1) we had a bumbling beauracracy that allowed Iraq to buy dual purpose items (my vote), 2) that we should have know they were going to use some stuff for evil purposes, or 3) that we turned a blind eye to what they were going to do with the chemicals, botulism cultures, etc. that we allowed them to buy. But YOU'RE A GD LIAR IF YOU CLAIM WE GAVE PROVIDED THEM WITH WMDs.

Now back in the safety barrell you go, rodeo clown.

Here's a partial 60 Minutes transcript you might enjoy:

(Footage of American Type Culture Collection building; ATCC sign; vials of cultures; storage containers; infectious substance label; photograph of document with close-up of text: 881215 Iraq Atomic Energy Commission)

SAFER: (Voiceover) Getting away with it was easy. The bacteria was simply ordered from this facility, The American Type Culture Collection of Rockville, Maryland, a non-profit supplier of microbes to the world. They're generally used for public health research. The Iraqi orders, including 34 batches of the deadliest bacteria, did not pass through Pentagon watchdogs. They were simply approved by the Commerce Department.

Dr. BRYEN: I was shocked to see that biological samples would be going to the Iraqi Atomic Energy Commission because in--it was absolutely clear that--that--that the at--Is--Iraqi Atomic Energy Commission was involved in their nuclear weapons programs and God knows what other weapons programs.

SAFER: I--in very precise terms, what was the--the policy about shipping bacterial cultures like anthrax and botulism to Iraq ?

Dr. BRYEN: I don't think there was a policy in--in--in the administration at the time. I think there was a--a general understanding that a shipment of these kinds of materials was sensitive, required a license.

SAFER: And yet the Commerce Department signed off on them?

Dr. BRYEN: The Commerce Department approved all these licenses. There were a number of licenses. We're not talking about one got through and the others got stopped; we're talking about they all got through, un-- untouched, unstopped.
    (Footage of person at computer; ATCC order form coming out of printer; anthrax )

SAFER: (Voiceover) And to find out how to order up some anthrax , just dial up ATCC 's Web site, as we did today, and with the flip of a printer, your order form. Visa and MasterCard accepted. By the way, the effect of inhaled anthrax : one day of flu symptoms, followed by a few days of pneumonia symptoms, followed by death.
    Last edited by Hew; 02-18-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

You have stated, twice now, that the US supplied WMDs. We did not. The Iraqis were allowed to buy things that had legitimate uses beyond weapons

3) that we turned a blind eye to what they were going to do with the chemicals, botulism cultures, etc. that we allowed them to buy. But YOU'RE A GD LIAR IF YOU CLAIM WE GAVE PROVIDED THEM WITH WMDs.

:

Yes, whooda thunk they would do anything nefarious with botulinum toxin? I'm sure we thought it would be distributed to all those plastic surgeons to eradicate age lines and crow's feet once and for all!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Yes, whooda thunk they would do anything nefarious with botulinum toxin? I'm sure we thought it would be distributed to all those plastic surgeons to eradicate age lines and crow's feet once and for all!
    So every country, research firm, hospital, and university around the world that ATCC sent cultures to used them to produce WMDs? You'd know better than I what the legit uses are, but I suspect they outweigh the bad uses by a large margin.

But I do get your larger point, and that's a legitimate argument...that we knew what was being done with the material and didn't care (or worse). I don't particularly agree, but again, a cogent argument can be made. But nobody can claim that we gave them WMDs. The US is as responsible for Saddam's chemical/bio WMDs as Microsoft is for the gibberish that comes out of Perry's computer.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

So every country, research firm, hospital, and university around the world that ATCC sent cultures to used them to produce WMDs? You'd know better than I what the legit uses are, but I suspect they outweigh the bad uses by a large margin.

But I do get your larger point, and that's a legitimate argument...that we knew what was being done with the material and didn't care (or worse). I don't particularly agree, but again, a cogent argument can be made. But nobody can claim that we gave them WMDs. The US is as responsible for Saddam's chemical/bio WMDs as Microsoft is for the gibberish that comes out of Perry's computer.

I don't want to lock horns with you on this one Hew.

I just knew you'd be disappointed if I passed up a chance to land a jab!

(and make a point in a round about way)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!