The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iranian Gunboats To Enter Suez Canal

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    on a separate note, i believe the lifespan of the entire Iranian navy would be measured in hours if a conflict erupted. control of the Suez would not be an issue.

oil futures traders are the only ones to gain from Iran's posturing.-Paul

You and I agree on that.

I think Israel is primened and ready to resolve these issues in a timely fashion.
    They show remarkable restraint.

stan b
    Last edited by road kill; 02-17-2011 at 10:00 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

every single day, Stan.

my observations lead me to believe that Muslim politicians have to try to convince the world of their bravado incessantly and that they seem to have an extremely hard time telling the truth.-Paul
    That is key to ever being able to understand and deal with that part of the world.

When I was in Riyadh, S.A., I had a very difficult time understanding their culture of interaction. By that I mean they have NO PROBLEM looking you in the eye, smiling, and lying through their teeth. Then, when called, they just as cheerfully admit they were lying, in a non-ashamed way, and carry on like nothing happened. I dealt with this several times in King Fahd hospital with Saudi security guards. Its like lying is nothing to be frowned upon. Its a negotiating tool used freely, and if you don't catch it, shame on YOU.

While I didn't come close to figuring out their culture or customs....I gained a profound appreciation of our LACK of understanding of their culture.

While we deal with many countries with whom we disagree, usually you can at least see their warped logic or reasons for doing things. Ain't so with that part of the world. This thread, case in point.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    That is key to ever being able to understand and deal with that part of the world.

When I was in Riyadh, S.A., I had a very difficult time understanding their culture of interaction. By that I mean they have NO PROBLEM looking you in the eye, smiling, and lying through their teeth. Then, when called, they just as cheerfully admit they were lying, in a non-ashamed way, and carry on like nothing happened. I dealt with this several times in King Fahd hospital with Saudi security guards. Its like lying is nothing to be frowned upon. Its a negotiating tool used freely, and if you don't catch it, shame on YOU.
    While I didn't come close to figuring out their culture or customs....I gained a profound appreciation of our LACK of understanding of their culture.

While we deal with many countries with whom we disagree, usually you can at least see their warped logic or reasons for doing things. Ain't so with that part of the world. This thread, case in point.
    Much like American politicians today.

Just sayin'......

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 02-17-2011 at 10:14 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Last time I checked, they don't put natural gas on supertankers and market it on international markets. It is much more a local commodity.
    Check again champ

http://www.vancouversun.com/story_print.html?id=4126367&sponsor

http://omaha.com/article/20110131/MONEY/701319981

It is also shipped overseas from other countries.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post

Interesting. Sounds like its still largely in planning phases, but could go full scale. It just goes to show that energy companies will sell us and our energy independence out the window to make an extra buck. Not surprised there.

The one line that jumped out at me, and I totally agree with is from T. Boone Pickens:

"We are going to go down as the dumbest generation ever if we don't put those reserves to work domestically and use it as a clean, abundant, domestic alternative to OPEC oil."

So what do the energy conglomerates want to do? Sell it overseas!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

on a separate note, i believe the lifespan of the entire Iranian navy would be measured in hours if a conflict erupted. control of the Suez would not be an issue.

oil futures traders are the only ones to gain from Iran's posturing.-Paul

That is something we can all agree with, Paul. When I started reading this thread, I had to chuckle with the oxymoron of "Iranian Gunships". One US drone properly armed could probably handle their entire 'fleet'... not that the Israelis would need any assistance.

It's my guess, however, should the Iranians be so ignorant as to chance this idea, the Israeli military wouldn't stop at knocking out a few 'gunships'. They would implement knocking out the leadership that sent them...THEN all hell will break loose.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    I had to chuckle with the oxymoron of "Iranian Gunships". One US drone properly armed could probably handle their entire 'fleet'... not that the Israelis would need any assistance.

UB
    I can just hear our admiral arguing with the Israeli admiral over who needs "target practice" more......

I would say "fish in a barrel" regards....
    But shooting fish would probably be much more difficult.

Interesting. Sounds like its still largely in planning phases, but could go full scale. It just goes to show that energy companies will sell us and our energy independence out the window to make an extra buck. Not surprised there.

The one line that jumped out at me, and I totally agree with is from T. Boone Pickens:

"We are going to go down as the dumbest generation ever if we don't put those reserves to work domestically and use it as a clean, abundant, domestic alternative to OPEC oil."

So what do the energy conglomerates want to do? Sell it overseas!

Only in in the planning stages in Alaska.

Liquefied Natural Gas
    Qatar is the world’s leading LNG exporter. In 2009, Qatar exported nearly 1,800 Bcf of LNG. Japan, South Korea, and India were the primary destinations for Qatar’s LNG exports, accounting for about 57 percent in 2009. European markets including Belgium, the United Kingdom and Spain were also significant buyers of Qatari LNG, accounting for an additional 33 percent.

Russia is the leader in LNG exports.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Only in in the planning stages in Alaska.

Liquefied Natural Gas
    Qatar is the world’s leading LNG exporter. In 2009, Qatar exported nearly 1,800 Bcf of LNG. Japan, South Korea, and India were the primary destinations for Qatar’s LNG exports, accounting for about 57 percent in 2009. European markets including Belgium, the United Kingdom and Spain were also significant buyers of Qatari LNG, accounting for an additional 33 percent.

Russia is the leader in LNG exports.
    Hey, if we're sitting on a butt-load of it estimated to meet our needs for over 100 years........why aren't we retooling Detroit to get off of oil???

Save liquid petroleum for things that are nowhere near alternative fuel, such as jetliners.

I can just hear our admiral arguing with the Israeli admiral over who needs "target practice" more......

I would say "fish in a barrel" regards....
    But shooting fish would probably be much more difficult.
    I've been concerned about control of the Suez ever since this "upheaval" started. Though theoretically controlled by international treaties, it wouldn't be the first time that a new regime said "all prior negotiation(s) with the previous criminal, illegitimate repressor of the people are now null & void". Look at Venezuel under Chavez. And if the Suez Canal Authority suddenly became The Islamic People's Canal Council, what would the world really do about it?
    Wring their hands and call for constructive dialogue?

Shoot that "fish" and maybe the frigate grounds itself in of the single lanes of the canal or does some other damage to the bridge or other canal infrastructure and let's see how quickly traffic backs up & prices surge.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791