The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: This guy would get my vote...

Default This guy would get my vote...

...for ANY office he ran for. What Washington needs. Nothing PC about this guy. The more of his ilk getting into the nation's capitol, could actually give me hope that what's happened can be turned around. UB

Sheriff Joe Considers Run for Senate in Arizona

Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011 10:06 AM

By Dan Weil
    Americas most famous law enforcement official, Maricopa County, Ariz., Sheriff Joe Arpaio, may become more famous soon, as a poll tabs him the front-runner in the race for the U.S. Senate seat of Republican Jon Kyl, who announced his retirement last week. The hardliner against illegal immigration said Monday he was "blown away" by the results and he might run, The Hill reports.

Arpaio is running for a sixth term as sheriff, but that doesnt preclude him from running for the Senate, he says. "The issue is whether I want to leave this office and go to Washington and try to make a difference there, which I would do if I run and win."

Arpaio says hes not ready to decide yet. "The door is open right now, but, as I said, I'm campaigning for sheriff and raising that money. But I think I could do that job," he says of the Senate position.

The Summit Consulting Group, which is raising money for Arpaio re-election, released rsults of a poll Monday showing he led other possible Republicans candidates for the Senate seat.

The poll found that 21 percent of likely GOP voters would choose Arpaio; 17 percent would vote for Rep. Jeff Flake; 16.6 percent, former Rep. J.D. Hayworth; 12 percent for Rep. John Shadegg; and 6 percent would choose freshman Rep. Ben Quayle.

According to the poll's press release, Arpaio said he was "blown away" by the polling results.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Sheriff Joe Considers Run for Senate in Arizona
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

UB, IMO he is more effective doing what he is doing, his message would be homogenized in the Senate. & there are different issues .

I for 1 am happy Jeff Flake is running. There appears to be nothing about him that a taxpayer wouldn't like. His usual score on Club for Growth's annual evaluation is 100%.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    UB, IMO he is more effective doing what he is doing, his message would be homogenized in the Senate.

I don't disagree with that view...but having him ON or in a leadership roll of a Senate committee concerning immigration, might get this country off the dime about getting that job done.

In his present position, he's analogous to the boy in the Netherlands holding his thumb in the crack of the dike, when we need an entire new dike that has no cracks.

Along the way, he might be viewed as a real shot in the arm to those wanting to get immigration back on the front burner of importance for this nation to deal with. No question it's a major problem facing this nations ability to survive, and it can be one part of the equation that could be resolved. It just takes some folks with the onions to ignore the PC crowd, grab the bull by the horns, and just do it.

At this stage of history we find this nation in, if we don't start putting responsible people in position to stop being a Mr. Nice Guy and only interested in getting along, nothing will ever be done. This is how we got into this position in the first place. Time to kick that ox in the nads, and do what any sane person that understands what the nation is up against, wants to happen.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.