The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Walker changes his tune

Default Scott Walker changes his tune

In 2014 he said that RTW was not part of his agenda.
    http://www.fdlreporter.com/story/new...enda/14985007/

But now, he is going to fast track a RTW proposal into law. I told people all along that he was a union buster.

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...n-scott-walke/

Road Kill. How do you explain this? It has been said that he was not interested in busting all unions, just public sector unions. That appears to be a false belief that he is not a union buster. It was there all along, coiled in the weeds, like a snake ready to strike. Just another politician lying.
    James Durfee BBQ pitmaster.

Senior Member Down East Labs 217's Avatar

James

I hope you read your first article. He never committed either way to RTW. Though he said he was not a fan of it he never said he would or would not sign it into law if it was passed by the legislature.

Your second article is making assumptions and reaching to make news for their rag.
    Richard Reese

Chesty Puller's Cocoa SH
    CC's Bublin Shasta SH
    RWR"s BackDraft Blaze "Smoky" MH
    RWR's Hot Chocolate Devil Dog "Damien" MH
    RWR's Hot Chocolate Mocha Java "Java" MH
    Creamlevels Amber Waves of Grain "Brandy" MH
    CCR's Black Rose "Rosie" MH
    Lexis Cocoa Mocha Luka "Mocha" MH

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    James

I hope you read your first article. He never committed either way to RTW. Though he said he was not a fan of it he never said he would or would not sign it into law if it was passed by the legislature.

Your second article is making assumptions and reaching to make news for their rag.
    Reuters reports that he will sign it. Most don't consider Reuters a "rag".

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0LS1BK20150225

For the record Crusher,
    I think trade unions are still useful and serve a few good purposes.
    Insurance, contact at the hall for tradesmen to get hours from contractors, pensions etc.

I don't care for the flow of cash to the progressive party, but that is neither here nor there.

I think the unions are often their own worst enemy.
    But you would never understand that.

I think the image of the union is not what it was in the 40's, 50's and even 60's.

The big question is........who's fault is it that the unions are perceived as they are today and why?

BTW~This is NOT part of HIS agenda, this is from the state legislature.
    Last edited by road kill; 02-25-2015 at 09:41 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    For the record Crusher,
    I think trade unions are still useful and serve a few good purposes.
    Insurance, contact at the hall for tradesmen to get hours from contractors, pensions etc.

I don't care for the flow of cash to the progressive party, but that is neither here nor there.

I think the unions are often their own worst enemy.
    But you would never understand that.

I think the image of the union is not what it was in the 40's, 50's and even 60's.

The big question is........who's fault is it that the unions are perceived as they are today and why?

BTW~This is NOT part of HIS agenda, this is from the state legislature.
    Then he should not sign it into law if he is not in support of it. Would that be a fair assessment? It is my experience that once a "union buster" gets their way once, others follow suit, and bust the unions everywhere they can. Look at what IBP did to the meatpackers. Once IBP knocked the union wages in Dakota City, the rest of the packers followed suit. What was once a place that many people wanted to work, due to good wages and beneifts, is now a place that nobody wants to work. If people are paid good wages and benefits, they will bust their ass because they are proud of what they do. Nowadays, meatpacking plants are only a stop over until someone else has openings paying better wages and benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by james durfee View Post
    Then he should not sign it into law if he is not in support of it. Would that be a fair assessment? It is my experience that once a "union buster" gets their way once, others follow suit, and bust the unions everywhere they can. Look at what IBP did to the meatpackers. Once IBP knocked the union wages in Dakota City, the rest of the packers followed suit. What was once a place that many people wanted to work, due to good wages and beneifts, is now a place that nobody wants to work. If people are paid good wages and benefits, they will bust their ass because they are proud of what they do. Nowadays, meatpacking plants are only a stop over until someone else has openings paying better wages and benefits.
    You are speaking from your autobiography, not understanding there are other factors at play here.

But we all do that...........
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by james durfee View Post
    Nowadays, meatpacking plants are only a stop over until someone else has openings paying better wages and benefits.
    I had thought what caused the reduction of wages in the meatpacking plants was the hordes of illegals they now employ. And if specific meatpacking locations do not employ illegals, obviously they must reduce wages, benefits or overall numbers employed to keep up economically with those who do.

James...
    Unions have been failing in this country for over 40 years...they continue to lose members. It is not all a result of 'union busters', although in some cases this may be part of the equation. Primarily, our country has lost its 'manufacturing base' which was also a major Union base. As we lost the Electronics Industries, as an example, and many of the steel related industries, those unions lost members in mass.

I believe that the managements and unions share in the reasons for this loss of manufacturing. We could not compete on a world scale because of the cost of manufacturing and/or the lack of quality in some cases. Regardless, it has had a major impact on the economic strength of our country, the overall results of which have yet to be felt. In the Government sectors, unions must be market competitive, not more costly than the private sector, but competitive with it. Unfortunately, most Government Union employees are way above the costs of what the union workers they serve in the private sectors are getting. This cannot stand long-term, both the government leaders (management) and the union own this problem. And they both will pay the price for outpricing what the offer...just like the manufacturing unions before them. It is simple economics...

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    James...
    Unions have been failing in this country for over 40 years...they continue to lose members. It is not all a result of 'union busters', although in some cases this may be part of the equation. Primarily, our country has lost its 'manufacturing base' which was also a major Union base. As we lost the Electronics Industries, as an example, and many of the steel related industries, those unions lost members in mass.

I believe that the managements and unions share in the reasons for this loss of manufacturing. We could not compete on a world scale because of the cost of manufacturing and/or the lack of quality in some cases. Regardless, it has had a major impact on the economic strength of our country, the overall results of which have yet to be felt. In the Government sectors, unions must be market competitive, not more costly than the private sector, but competitive with it. Unfortunately, most Government Union employees are way above the costs of what the union workers they serve in the private sectors are getting. This cannot stand long-term, both the government leaders (management) and the union own this problem. And they both will pay the price for outpricing what the offer...just like the manufacturing unions before them. It is simple economics...
    My main point is that Walker is as shifty as they come. He has stated that the private sector unions were partners with his economic plans. Now he is going to sign legislation that will bust those unions as well. If he gets elected as President, watch the private sector wages go down further than they are now. The blue collar wages have been flat for a long time, while the upper level execs keep getting more salary and bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by steveMO View Post
    I had thought what caused the reduction of wages in the meatpacking plants was the hordes of illegals they now employ. And if specific meatpacking locations do not employ illegals, obviously they must reduce wages, benefits or overall numbers employed to keep up economically with those who do.
    It all started when IBP, being based in SD, which is a RTW state, just told the workers that this is what you are going to be paid. don't like it, leave. Then the only people that would work for those wages were the illegals. In which IBP was the leader of bringing in bus loads of them and setting up housing for them. Shortly thereafter, the rest of the packers followed suit.