The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Governor Scott Walker

Default Governor Scott Walker

Has he taken the wrong approach to cutting the budget???
    Looking for your opinions.
    I have family members that are teachers but on the other hand...............
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kiefer View Post
    Has he taken the wrong approach to cutting the budget???
    Looking for your opinions.
    I have family members that are teachers but on the other hand...............
    Sue
    I don't know what his total approach is but, there is a reason for a money shortage & with governments it is usually because wages are out of line with the effort to obtain that position & the product delivered. I won't even bring up their benefits.

I do not believe public employees should be able to unionize as they don't know when to stop whining for more while doing less. Teaching is just one example, their resistance to change is amazing. In WA they bargain at the local level, are vicious in their treatment of those who push back. then go to the legislature to obtain more & if that don't work they do an initiative to the people where they do a lot of lying. With teachers the kids are just pawns to get what they want, in most cases. BTW, many in my family were teachers, some are now, but not the same quality. I've had this argument with a cousin who is a school principal & she was not happy at my resistance. I do not think most teachers are special though on occasion some are! Being able to retire after 30 years is an awful sweet deal for all public employees.

I applaud the Gov for what he is doing, it looks like he got the message .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Marvin, on 9/11 and people were running from the Twin Towers ,who were making alot of money...tell me those running in didn't earn their their Public money(or their Heirs)
    Doug Kennedy
    Waterdogspecialties.com

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
    Marvin, on 9/11 and people were running from the Twin Towers ,who were making alot of money...tell me those running in didn't earn their their Public money(or their Heirs)
    Mabey that is why police and fireman are exempt.

Scott Walker was elected in a LANDSLIDE!!!!

Everyone knew/knows what he is about!

He is asking state employees to pay 12.6% of their healthcare coverage (currently they contribute 5%) and contribute half of their retirement (currently they contribute 0)
    That is a dollar for dollar match to retirement.

Walker also told the Unions and state employers that the state will no longer foot the bill for deducting union dues and send them to the unions.
    They will now collect their own dues on their own dime.

Does this really seem that unreasonable??

No pay cuts, no benefit cuts, no layoffs.

This is what the majority of the voters in WI voted for.
    It's just a start.

It's funny, the progressives that want those that have (the rich) to pay more squeal like stuck pigs when their freebies get touched.

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 02-17-2011 at 08:24 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

I pretty much am confused why there is such an uproar as well.
    I didn't vote at the last election.
    I felt I didn't know enough about the candidates so........................
    Just in case anyone is confused about what 'Public" employees are/Not effected...........
    No police or firepeople are effected.
    Glad that I don't have a student in the Madison area. Schools were closed because teachers decided that it was in the best interest of their students to protest on the state capitol for their selfish self than getting paid to do their jobs.
    Wish that I could just say screw it I'm taking the day off and protest.
    Oh wait I can't I'm self employed.Putting money in my own insurance,401K plan..........giving myself a raise ya right.
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

Funny thing about budget cuts and change....everybody wants it, as long as it doesn't affect them. I think Walker is on the right track.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith

I think Walker has one thing in mind. Bust the unions, period.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Good luck to the governor...I hope he's successful because eventually our children and grandchildren are going to say FU to their parents because why should they pay for all the ridiculous promises they made to themselves....social security and on down the line.

Look at Barack's home state of Illinois. They're trying to float a $3.7 billion State GO to finance their woefully underfunded (and bankrupt) public pension plan. Somebody there in Illinois referred to it as 'responsible borrowing' How great is that. Why would anybody under 35 years old want to live in that state? I sure as hell wouldn't. All your money is taxed to fund the lifestyle of somebody else. What's left for them?

For that matter, why would anybody under 35 want to live in this country? $14 trillion in debt, $1.5 trillion budget deficits forever, 25% unemployment, bankrupt states, bankrupt public pensions and a President who chows down on kobe beef twice a week while the rest of the country is on food stamps or overseas fighting a ridiculous war that he continues to support. What kind of future is that?

We live in Cuba now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I think Walker has one thing in mind. Bust the unions, period.
    No chance he is trying to correct wasteful spending and balance the budget??

Maybe you should do a little reading before you make generalized, baseless accusations.

And....he is doing exactly what he said he would do.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis