The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465

Thread: Governor Scott Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    You guys are so far off base it isn't even worth talking to you.
    Good, because it's an abject waste of time talking with someone who doesn't seem to know what "outside expenditures" are.

You are aware that outside expenditures in no way represent all campaign contributions, aren't you?
    Last edited by Hew; 03-11-2011 at 08:45 AM.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Want to bet that alot of the people hurt by what the Republicans are doing voted Republican. Want to bet alot will not be voting Republican again?
    I would wager that a lot of people that voted that way, did so because we need someone to make, and implement, the tough decisions that HAVE to be made.
    PBO can't even commit to what his own appointed bi-partisan committee has recommended.
    Some Repub's likely will take a hit at the polls for doing what they view as "the right (as in correct) thing".
    But I find it ironic that they are being labeled "cowards" for their actions in spite of that possibility.
    Seems to me it more closely resembles the definition of "courage". Ie; the mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Care to state which take huge donations from billionaires and foreign corporations anonymously and which do not?
    I don't know. That is why I asked the question. Don't know why I asked because I never get an answer. Wonder why.

Talked to a friend of mine last night that lives in Twin Cities, MN and is married to a teacher. He worked in the printing industry as a manager for quite a few companies until he was let go due to downsizing. He recently accepted a job for a substantial cut in pay, probably in the neighborhood of 50%. His wife the teacher couldn't believe he would do that, take a cut in pay. I guess she screams bloody murder when the only get a 2% raise every year.

In reality, Gov. Walkers bill is more about breaking the mentality of the union workers then actually breaking the unions. People in the private sector are taking big hits on their wages, health care, contributing to their retirement, etc. and they complain about it. It is not uncommon for someone to finally get a raise of 3%, after two years of no raises, but it is more then offset by the increase in health insurance premium. Union workers, both public and private, suffer nothing like this. Their wages continue to go up, their health insurance is fully paid, their retirement is fully funded. Why does a union worker deserve a better scenario then a non-union worker? Simple answer: They Don't.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson