The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Governor Scott Walker

Quote Originally Posted by weberpal78 View Post
    How many times does it need to be stated that the unions are okay with the pensions and insurance increases? That is not the root of the problem.

Of course they are, and that IS the crux of the problem. By not contributing anything to pension and or health care, or a bare minimum, all of the burden falls on the tax payers in the case of public employees. No one can have it both ways anymore, it cannot be sustained. Econ 101.

Look at the auto industry pensions. a figure I recall is it takes $7000.00 per car just to try to meet current obligations. How in the world can a payout like that continue and still allow cars and trucks to be within reach of the average individual. Public pensions are no different other than the tax payers are the ones footing the bill and have no choice in doing so.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    The ultimate goal is to have a state of corporate lords, overseeing and providing a meager existence for laborers with no say whatsoever in their standard of living or quality of life.

Oh, and lets cut Pell grants and education so that none of them get the crazy notion that they're going to send their kids to school and have a better life. Afterall, an uneducated populace is easier to control.
    You don't think people should pay for their own education? Do you also believe that EVERYONE deserves to go to college.

There are stupid people in this world and this world NEEDS people to be janitors and mcdonalds workers. How long until you are required to have a bachelors to work at McDonalds?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    You don't think people should pay for their own education? Do you also believe that EVERYONE deserves to go to college.

There are stupid people in this world and this world NEEDS people to be janitors and mcdonalds workers. How long until you are required to have a bachelors to work at McDonalds?
    No, we wouldn't want to see people get college educations. That might be good for the country or something.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Walker wouldn't even qualify to substitute teach in the state of Wisconsin.
    I highly doubt that-all you need is a degree and $100 and a background check. I qualified for a substitute teacher but did not renew the license.

I don't think what's being asked for is outrageous
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Oh, and lets cut Pell grants and education so that none of them get the crazy notion that they're going to send their kids to school and have a better life. Afterall, an uneducated populace is easier to control.

You finally struck upon the true problem facing this nation...the uneducated populace... that elected the current oligarchy. Now to pay for allowing the uneducated to select our nation's leadership that has run the debt up to 14 trillion bucks, it's time to realize some difficult sacrifices must be made.

But it's apparent, your uneducated populace has no understanding of paying the piper...they only know taking from the producers. Dayum...what a revelation to find out the producers don't have any more that can be taken.

That uncanny bit of knowledge seems to be totally beyond the comprehension of your UEP, so they now are into returning to their old mantra of class envy. I can hardly wait until Cotts gets the news that the NY 'rich' are just as broke as the Wisconsin 'rich'. Wonder what he'll do when he can no longer squeeze that blood from a turnip.

I've warned for years, Atlas will shrug, and all that will be left is the whiners and moaners, wondering why they are no longer being taken care of.

And, as far as Blackstone is concerned, you may not have a dog in that Wisconsin hunt, but trust me, that hunt will find you in your state pretty soon.

WAKE UP AMERICA! Your UEP only have their hands out...they don't want to take responsibility for their actions, they just expect to be cared for like always. Hope you libs have deep pockets to handle the care you are expected to produce. You made the promises, so watch out for the repercussions. It's always more difficult when you run out of other people's money eh? Think you can control them now?

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinsEdge View Post
    I highly doubt that-all you need is a degree and $100 and a background check. I qualified for a substitute teacher but did not renew the license.

I don't think what's being asked for is outrageous

And that is the crux of it. Your gov has not graduated from college, so he has no degree. So no, he couldn't substitute teach...

He graduated from Delavan-Darien High School in 1986 then attended Marquette University from 1986 to 1990,[4] quitting about 36 credit hours short of graduation, with a grade point average in the C's.[8]

Walker explained his reasons for leaving college: "In the end, I figured I was in school to get a good job,” he said. “So once I had one, family became more important than getting a degree.”[5] He worked for IBM in sales from 1988 to 1990, and in marketing and development at the Red Cross from 1990 to 1994, according to his LinkedIn profile.[9] He is the first governor of Wisconsin in 64 years to not have a college degree.[8]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Walker_(politician)
    Last edited by Buzz; 02-18-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    On teachers. I don't think this country has a teacher and school system problem as much as it has a parents problem. There are so many things competing for kid's time these days. Hundreds of channels on the stupid box, Wii and playstations, computers & the internet, computer games. Cell phones and texting. Parents who both work and come home tired with chores to do around the house. I live in an area where the schools are very average. Yet my 11 year old 6th grade daughter has had her reading level test out at college freshman. She's doing high school algebra. But I have a dedicated wife who doesn't have to work, and we deny any of these extra activities until homework is done each day. And with the internets it's easy to know what homework is due and when tests/quizzes are coming up. It's all there on the school website, as well as grades. We don't have to wait for report cards to find out what's going on. Sadly my daughter's teacher says that very few parents utilize these tools. In fact a couple years ago a bunch of parents showed up to a school board meeting to complain about too much homework. Interesting I'd say, because when my daughter is struggling with something, I go to her teachers for more resources that we can access to get her through it. At first they seemed stunned, but they are very very helpful, if you ask that is...
    IMO - schools should provide a core curriculum. When your child has reached this grade level this is what they will know & if they don't they don't go forward..... Sort of like training a dog, only difference being the dog wags it's tail & shows it's skills, a child will talk to you. This should all be done within the confines of the school day. Home work should be rationed to no more than a 10 hour requirement per subject per semester. There are more meaningful pursuits for children to follow.

But like many, including yourself, the dog training is left to someone else because it's easier to write a check than learn what's necessary to be a good dog person. It's the same with the education profession, they have been acknowledged the pro's when most know little about motivating children to learn. I never had the fancy math taught in schools today but can still outdo most in that skill. Young adults can't even make change if the cash register goes down, that's the learning teachers are imparting & you're praising them for that.

As I told our boys, if the educators think you are the cat's pajamas I will be concerned as they can single the losers for praise every time.

But this is what the system gets, when they flunk out of Mines they go to Vermillion to take business, when they flunk out of Vermillion they go to Madison to become a teacher .

Now on a more serious subject, rumor has it that SDSU is building a $23 Mil Dairy Sciences building completely financed by Alumni donations. If you get any news on this would you PM the articles so I can pass them on to my son? Thanks in advance!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    The vote happened in November. What part of that do liberals not understand?
    THe taxpayers, who are their employers said enough is enough. Right now every teacher that did not show up for work should be fired.

Yeah, fire all the teachers and let the parents home school their children that will work. Then the people of Wisconsin will not have to pay any teacher salaries, their tax's won't have to support any sports or extra cirricular activities.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 02-18-2011 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    But like many, including yourself, the dog training is left to someone else because it's easier to write a check than learn what's necessary to be a good dog person.

Marv, you have no clue how much dog training I do, so do me a favor and keep your opinions on that to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    No, we wouldn't want to see people get college educations. That might be good for the country or something.
    Who said people shouldn't get a college education. I said not ALL people should get a college education ESPECIALLY if they can't pay for it. Stupid people should not be allowed in higher education period. It just wastes the time of the people that can actually handle the course work of colleges.