The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Governor Scott Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    No, we wouldn't want to see people get college educations. That might be good for the country or something.

Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk...it's worked so well to this point, so let's keep it going eh?

Dayum, Buzz, all this education on Americans becoming responsible must be putting a strain on your mushy-parts-upstairs.

First you got the shock about the defunding of Planned Parenthood and the closing down of those abortion clinics...oh wait, no one closed them, they can continue as they have, but bleeding hearts like you will need to start supporting them far more than you have in the past, because Joe Taxpayer has discovered what they really are, and can't find it in his best interests to continue paying for such a group.

Sorry, I just don't have it in me to bring up the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th discovery for the day. Sadly, they all deal with personal responsibility. What makes me curious is how did you become responsible for what you do? Or is it make believe?

Some day, ask me to tell you how I turned my daughter, who had tendancies to become a bleeding heart liberal, (and was frequently lobbying her father to become one also) into a conservative in one simple fairly short conversation. It has served her well.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

This is about the Unions keeping power.

Nothing less, nothing more!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Art Johnson out as superintendent of Palm Beach County Schools

SUBURBAN WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - On Wednesday night, Palm Beach County School Board voted 6-1 in favor of firing Art Johnson if a settlement agreement is not signed by Monday.
    In a span of about a half hour, the board had fired Art Johnson and hired his replacement.
    The board has offered Johnson a settlement deal that would pay him $400,000 in a combination of severance pay and accrued time.
    If he doesn't agree, he would be fired according to the terms of his contract.
    Members have agreed to pay him $235,000 by March 4th, and $150,000 over the course of six months.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/Art-Joh...ment-agreement

I just wonder how many teacher salaries his settlement would pay.

If anyone else gets fired from their job do they really get severence pay?

I think Walker has one thing in mind. Bust the unions, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    No chance he is trying to correct wasteful spending and balance the budget??

Maybe you should do a little reading before you make generalized, baseless accusations.

And....he is doing exactly what he said he would do.

RK

This is about the Unions keeping power.

Nothing less, nothing more!!!

RK

So, you're starting to see it my way?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Art Johnson out as superintendent of Palm Beach County Schools

SUBURBAN WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - On Wednesday night, Palm Beach County School Board voted 6-1 in favor of firing Art Johnson if a settlement agreement is not signed by Monday.
    In a span of about a half hour, the board had fired Art Johnson and hired his replacement.
    The board has offered Johnson a settlement deal that would pay him $400,000 in a combination of severance pay and accrued time.
    If he doesn't agree, he would be fired according to the terms of his contract.
    Members have agreed to pay him $235,000 by March 4th, and $150,000 over the course of six months.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/Art-Joh...ment-agreement

I just wonder how many teacher salaries his settlement would pay.

If anyone else gets fired from their job do they really get severence pay?
    uhhhhh.....what the heck does this have to do with Scott Walker and WI????

I think you are staining the wrong thread.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

WTF does this have to do with the topic??

Have you read the proposal??

RK
    Having a Palin moment? WTF?

Sorry. I just don't believe everything the goobermint spoon feeds me. In fact, I don't let them feed me anything. Whether its republicans or democrats. But you go right ahead and enjoy.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

So, you're starting to see it my way?
    No Buzz, I can't see it your way, I don't have a progressive liberal bias.

I'll explain it again.

The WI Gov. elect is facing a massive deficit and is trying to balance the budget.
    He ran on the platform of balancing the budget and specifically targeted this area.
    We elected him.

But the union (WEAC) didn't ever think it would happen.

It has.
    Now, in a panic, the union is pulling out all of the stops.

The union does not care about the kids or the teachers, they care about union dues and power.

People like YOU (progressive liberals) lap it all up while your legs tingle.

To Walker, it is about fixing what's broke, keeping his word and balancing the budget.

To the uniuon leaders it's about money and power.

If you really honestly don't get this, maybe you could get a 5th grader to explain it.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    You don't think people should pay for their own education? Do you also believe that EVERYONE deserves to go to college.

There are stupid people in this world and this world NEEDS people to be janitors and mcdonalds workers. How long until you are required to have a bachelors to work at McDonalds?
    I never said anything remotely close to what you just said!

At least when I went to college, we had things called GRADES. Make the grade, or go home! And I think it would be a horrible waste of human resource to deny qualified students a chance to get an education, for lack of financial resources. Many of the people you refer to as "stupid people" (your choice of words, not mine) will declare themselves not to be college material long before the time to fill out apps comes along.

The service academies are free, and tax-payer supported. Would you prefer we board up the windows at Wespoint, Annapolis, and the other academies?

Don't forget, we're not talking adults who have had a chance to make it. We're talking kids, who may not have financial resources available to them, through no fault of their own. If they were studying like they should have been, they probably didn't have time to work a paper route to earn $50-100,000 dollars for a 4 year degree.

Investing in educating our youth is the best investment we can make in our future, IMO.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

uhhhhh.....what the heck does this have to do with Scott Walker and WI????

I think you are staining the wrong thread.

RK
    Ok Mr. Know It All I just did not want to start a seperate thread on teachers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb45l...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    Who said people shouldn't get a college education. I said not ALL people should get a college education ESPECIALLY if they can't pay for it. Stupid people should not be allowed in higher education period. It just wastes the time of the people that can actually handle the course work of colleges.
    Not being able to afford college at age 18 has NOTHING to do with whether you're smart or stupid. (your word, not mine)

As for keeping stupid people (your word, not mine) out of college, isn't that what deans of admission are for? Not the government.