The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Governor Scott Walker

rk what kinda vehicle do you drive? sound like you don't like union's maybe you should ride a bicycle because good chances that your bike wasn't built by union members

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Not being able to afford college at age 18 has NOTHING to do with whether you're smart or stupid. (your word, not mine)

As for keeping stupid people (your word, not mine) out of college, isn't that what deans of admission are for? Not the government.
    And if you can't hack it, there's that requirement to keep a 2.0 or better, or it's adios amigo. My freshman year, 1st term the dorm was packed, most double rooms were assigned 3. Second term, plenty of room. Third term, a lot of double rooms were now single occupancy.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    No Buzz, I can't see it your way, I don't have a progressive liberal bias.

I'll explain it again.

The WI Gov. elect is facing a massive deficit and is trying to balance the budget.
    He ran on the platform of balancing the budget and specifically targeted this area.
    We elected him.

But the union (WEAC) didn't ever think it would happen.

It has.
    Now, in a panic, the union is pulling out all of the stops.

The union does not care about the kids or the teachers, they care about union dues and power.

People like YOU (progressive liberals) lap it all up while your legs tingle.

To Walker, it is about fixing what's broke, keeping his word and balancing the budget.

To the uniuon leaders it's about money and power.

If you really honestly don't get this, maybe you could get a 5th grader to explain it.

RK
    Tell me how the removal of collective bargaining is going to balance the budget, how much is that costing the state? Please enlighten me.

The only way it will balance the budget is when they don't fill vacant positions due to retirement. Or by cutting extracurriculars or maybe we shouldn't buy any more books.
    Matt Weberpal

Candlewood's Just In Case JH

Sorry I missed all of this today as I was enjoying being on the water, getting my line wet and basking in the 75 degree temps!

Has anyone mentioned that the Union is busing in Rent-A-Mobs for the demonstrations?

Unions, the downfall of American productivity!

What do all the states that are in deep financial doo doo have in common? They are run by unions!

Bust the unions and return to financial sanity.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Not being able to afford college at age 18 has NOTHING to do with whether you're smart or stupid. (your word, not mine)

As for keeping stupid people (your word, not mine) out of college, isn't that what deans of admission are for? Not the government.
    I was referring to two separate issues that have compounded that have brought us to where we are today. The notion that everyone should go to college is idiotic and has both brought down education standards and raised costs for others to go to school. You are right about one thing the deans of admission should be the ones keeping people out but that's not happening because education in this country is about dollars and not education. Also I find it very funny you are saying the government shouldn't be keeping people out of college but have absolutely no issue with them keeping students in.

Do you think people who can't even get C's in High School should be allowed into College?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Marv, you have no clue how much dog training I do, so do me a favor and keep your opinions on that to yourself.
    Actually I do, you advertised it on a thread recently, so I will continue - but this takes away from the discussion at hand, which is how much homework should kids be given.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    I was referring to two separate issues that have compounded that have brought us to where we are today. The notion that everyone should go to college is idiotic and has both brought down education standards and raised costs for others to go to school. You are right about one thing the deans of admission should be the ones keeping people out but that's not happening because education in this country is about dollars and not education. Also I find it very funny you are saying the government shouldn't be keeping people out of college but have absolutely no issue with them keeping students in.

Do you think people who can't even get C's in High School should be allowed into College?
    Again, you're putting ideas into my head. I nowhere, nohow, no way said the government should be "keeping students in". The professors and grading system is what keeps students in or out. I believe I said in my last post, "make the grade or go home!" How do you translate that into my wanting government to override a college's policy on academic advancement???

FWIW, I agree that not everyone needs or should, go to college. I would stop short of referring to them as "stupid" however. (your word) My grandparents didn't finish high-school (coal mine and farm work) but were far smarter than most college grads I know, and I learn something everytime I talk to my Grandfather, to this day.

And where I went to college, there weren't any students who couldn't make a "c" in high school. That was some time ago. If they've lowered standards, shame on them.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Actually I do, you advertised it on a thread recently, so I will continue - but this takes away from the discussion at hand, which is how much homework should kids be given.
    Could you please start a separate thread on "personal attacks" if you really plan on keeping that vein alive?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Could you please start a separate thread on "personal attacks" if you really plan on keeping that vein alive?
    Buzz wears "big boy pants" so don't need someone like yourself pimping for him. That BTW was not a personal attack, it was a regurgitation of factual info as posted by someone now having a bad day .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Again, you're putting ideas into my head. .....
    Good idea. There's plenty of room.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth