The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Governor Scott Walker

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    I heard they have been located by the media in IL. When are you guys in WI gonna start extradition procedures?

Yes, please take them back. Not sure we have any more room for liberal cowards in this state!
    "Perfection is the enemy of good enough" Vince Stone
    GRHRCH UH Slammers Bullet From Nowhere MH**

i believe they should pay for a portion of there benefits like anyone Else but this is just a start to bust unions i work for a union and they have there good and bad like anything else i work for fox valley sheet metal local 18 .my wife been a waitress for quite a few years make a whopping 2.33 ph and she get tax 20 percent on her total sales not tips her sales so why don't they pass a law that makes it mandatory for people to tip a certain percentage of there bill. everyone should pay there far share.

Quote Originally Posted by allydeer View Post
    ... everyone should pay there far share.

I think the problem is that we are already paying more than our fair share and watching much of it go to waste at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Scott Walker was elected in a LANDSLIDE!!!!

Everyone knew/knows what he is about!

He is asking state employees to pay 12.6% of their healthcare coverage (currently they contribute 5%) and contribute half of their retirement (currently they contribute 0)
    That is a dollar for dollar match to retirement.

Walker also told the Unions and state employers that the state will no longer foot the bill for deducting union dues and send them to the unions.
    They will now collect their own dues on their own dime.

Does this really seem that unreasonable??

No pay cuts, no benefit cuts, no layoffs.

This is what the majority of the voters in WI voted for.
    It's just a start.

It's funny, the progressives that want those that have (the rich) to pay more squeal like stuck pigs when their freebies get touched.

RK
    You forgot one important piece of the bill, removing the right for collective bargaining.

This is the fundamental reason for the protests, it's not the 12% health care or 5% pension.

Removing collective bargaining would mean that teachers could potentially have class sizes of 40(maybe more) and they would be teaching 7 periods in a row without prep time in between. If you know anything about education then you can see this would put a huge strain on the education of students. The more individualized instruction the better and large class sizes would just make education worse.
    Matt Weberpal

Candlewood's Just In Case JH

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Symons View Post
    Yes, please take them back. Not sure we have any more room for liberal cowards in this state!
    They're giving time for the people's voices to be heard, are we still in America?
    Matt Weberpal

Quote Originally Posted by weberpal78 View Post
    They're giving time for the people's voices to be heard, are we still in America?
    The people's voices were heard on election day.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    I would over haul the whole education system in every state. Public schools would be funded for all legal residence until the fifth grade. At that time a free public education would be provided to the top ten percent of students. The next forty percent would be provided a public education, but their parent would pay for it. The higher the rank the lower the cost. All other students would have to go to private schools. Each year the students would take another test and be grouped based on their ranking. This system should be able to sustain the pay of the teachers and since the bottom half of students will one day end up on public aid I see no need to waste education dollars. The students will work harder to move up in ranking because their parents will be pushing them to work to their fullest ability. All education dollars will go only to core education.

This idea is borrowed from my daughters law school funding department. To get into the school the students take the LSAT and along with grades are ranked. The student at the top gets the most aid and as the ranking goes down so does the aid, there is just so much aid money that the students in the lower rankings pay full price. Each year of school the students are ranked again. The aid is adjusted based on ranking. This is a private school and all the gifted money comes from private sources.

Athletes and special needs students have more educational benefits than the best and the brightest. I have no problem with talented kids playing sports, but the money should not come out of the education budget. If you want your kid to play then pay for it yourself or get a sponsor. Also I have no problem in helping special needs students, but I do not think I should pay for their food, transportation, and their study materials. Is this not every parents duty to meet these needs?

Everyone is to blame. Parents, students, teacher, and law makers.
    Terri
    You'd be saying that differently if your child had a disability. There is a great deal of added expense when dealing with a child with a disability.
    Last edited by Matt Weberpal; 02-18-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    Matt Weberpal

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    The people's voices were heard on election day.
    If this bill was on the table on election day we'd have a different story.
    Matt Weberpal

Can someone tell me how removing collective bargaining is going to save money?

I understand the 12 and 5% increases.
    Matt Weberpal

Quote Originally Posted by weberpal78 View Post
    Can someone tell me how removing collective bargaining is going to save money?

I understand the 12 and 5% increases.
    You must be a WI teacher or married to one?
    Bill Davis