The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Governor Scott Walker

Quote Originally Posted by mudd;761451For some reason my wife and I have surrounded ourselves with friends that are Fire Fighters, Teachers and Cops. [FONT=Arial Black
    It amazes me what Teachers spend in educating themselves to make what I[/font] think is a modest living. Are the Benny's good? In most cases,,,, Hell Yea, but what they have into their education they might as well went into the medical field. So right now some districts want to extend the school year 30 days so there will only be a 45 day summer break and looking into dumping the higher educated teachers (because they have higher pay) to bring in teachers at a lower level of education. Will it really cost less??????????

Local 1377
    18 yrs
    Pro Union
    Really, the highly educated have rarely proven that is value added on their resume. Maybe that's why in the real world little value is placed on added degrees, they are basically perpetual students as they like the lifestyle.

As for their expenditure to get a job where your competition scores on the left side of the Bell Curve for those who take the SAT & attend college does say something about their intelligence. Who were the big pushers for dropping IQ tests in public schools, the education establishment .

Most people recognize the value of a union, few recognize the value public employee unions add to the mix as there has been little, if any .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by mudd View Post
    Damn Stan, didnt Realize you were such a Union Hater.
    If that is what you get from this, then all I can say is;

"Dam Mudd, I didn't realize you were such a taxpayer hater!"

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Did anyone se the protesters who were led out of our Capital?

Also over $7 million in damage??

Live ammunition found on the grounds.

Unbeleivable.

The Republicans were elected by a large majority to do a job.
    The minority runs away to try to stop them.
    Come to work, do your job.
    If the people don't like what Walker is doing, vote the Republicans out in the next election.

A snapshot poll does not run WI politics.

It's funny, that those who teach can't do the MATH!!!!

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 03-04-2011 at 06:55 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Well see RK, they agreed to every concession and I support them for that. What pisses a lot of people of who voted for Walker is that they understood that there were concessions coming,,, what wasn't understood was the attack on unionized labor on any level. That was not talked about or even hinted to. The whole thing could have been put to bed and he could have his Budget repair bill but he chooses not to. So the whole thing isn't about balancing the budget as he mislead people into thinking.

I think what the Dems did was damn smart/funny and what's even better is it just grinds some folks, really makes them mad!. Walker tried to Bully them into getting everything he wants but didn't have everything covered and the Dems stuck it in his rear. LOL

Do I agree with some of Walkers plans? Yes

Do I believe this will go through? Yes They will probably catch a Dem slipping back into Wi and have there way.

Will it make me ANGRY ,, no.

Quote Originally Posted by mudd View Post
    Well see RK, they agreed to every concession and I support them for that. What pisses a lot of people of who voted for Walker is that they understood that there were concessions coming,,, what wasn't understood was the attack on unionized labor on any level. That was not talked about or even hinted to. The whole thing could have been put to bed and he could have his Budget repair bill but he chooses not to. So the whole thing isn't about balancing the budget as he mislead people into thinking.

I think what the Dems did was damn smart/funny and what's even better is it just grinds some folks, really makes them mad!. Walker tried to Bully them into getting everything he wants but didn't have everything covered and the Dems stuck it in his rear. LOL

Do I agree with some of Walkers plans? Yes

Do I believe this will go through? Yes They will probably catch a Dem slipping back into Wi and have there way.

Will it make me ANGRY ,, no.
    You and I have gotten to know each other pretty well over the last few weeks.

I don't see you "hating" anyone.
    I doubt you see that in me either.

I do understand that the AFSCME forces people into the union, forces them to pay dues which the state deducts and deposits into the unions account which they then use to contribute to 1 political cause (liberal progressivism) and then negotiates with the very people they pay millions to get elected.

I am not a smart man......but I do know right from wrong.
    THAT is WRONG!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Looks like this whole thing is blowing up in the governor's face. He had no idea what he was stirring up! His own police and firemen had to be locked out of the capitol, as to not interfere with the lobbyists that he had ushered in! Sad.

Polls show Wisconsinites are overwhelmingly turning against what he's trying to do. (60+%) I think the key to his un-doing is that he thought he was just dealing with a few union members.....when in fact, it was an attack on the American middle class family and our way of life.....the standard of living.

Staying tuned....
    As usual, you are out in left field when it comes to the facts. The "poll" you are citing is a piece of left wing garbage not worth the paper it was printed on. They heavily polled, union members, union households and democrats. Give me a break. As far as the Governors un-doing, that has not happened. Far from it. He will be more popular than ever.
    Bill Davis

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dnf777
    Looks like this whole thing is blowing up in the governor's face. He had no idea what he was stirring up! His own police and firemen had to be locked out of the capitol, as to not interfere with the lobbyists that he had ushered in! Sad.

Polls show Wisconsinites are overwhelmingly turning against what he's trying to do. (60+%) I think the key to his un-doing is that he thought he was just dealing with a few union members.....when in fact, it was an attack on the American middle class family and our way of life.....the standard of living.

Staying tuned....
    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman
    As usual, you are out in left field when it comes to the facts. The "poll" you are citing is a piece of left wing garbage not worth the paper it was printed on. They heavily polled, union members, union households and democrats. Give me a break. As far as the Governors un-doing, that has not happened. Far from it. He will be more popular than ever.

And why would a momentary rigged snapshot guide our politics anyway??

Stay the course!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post

If anything, Gov Walker has become the most popular Republican and his name is being mentioned as a possible Presidential candidate.

It is obvious that he has more buisness sense than the current POTUS as well as more experience. Walker intrepid budget has made him a national hero for the working man/tax payer!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Really, the highly educated have rarely proven that is value added on their resume. Maybe that's why in the real world little value is placed on added degrees, they are basically perpetual students as they like the lifestyle.

As for their expenditure to get a job where your competition scores on the left side of the Bell Curve for those who take the SAT & attend college does say something about their intelligence. Who were the big pushers for dropping IQ tests in public schools, the education establishment .

Most people recognize the value of a union, few recognize the value public employee unions add to the mix as there has been little, if any .
    HAHAHA!!!! Yeah, that must be it. They love working all week and taking night classes or driving to the closest university on their weekends off to complete their masters degrees.
    Matt Weberpal

Candlewood's Just In Case JH

Matt Weberpal

Candlewood's Just In Case JH