The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Governor Scott Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Is Governor Walker stooping to blackmail?????????? Isn't one of his campaign promises to get more people back o work??????????? I guess by laying off people he can count them as people he put back to work when they find new jobs.

MADISON, Wis. Thousands of Wisconsin state workers were bracing for layoff notices Friday as Republican Gov. Scott Walker and absent Democrats remained in a standoff over a budget balancing bill that would also strip public workers of their collective bargaining rights.
    Walker said he would issue 1,500 layoff notices Friday if at least one of the 14 Senate Democrats doesn't return from Illinois to give the Republican majority the quorum it needs to vote. Senate Republicans voted Thursday to hold the missing Democrats in contempt and force police to bring them back to the Capitol.
    You are so off the mark it's ridiculus.

He has stated from the get go that if the bill doesn't pass it would result in layoffs.

Blackmail, that is foolish.

I say the blackmail is what the union forced the state Senators to do.

If we don't get our way, we'll shut down the Govt.

Pathetic!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    You are so off the mark it's ridiculus.

He has stated from the get go that if the bill doesn't pass it would result in layoffs.

Blackmail, that is foolish.

I say the blackmail is what the union forced the state Senators to do.

If we don't get our way, we'll shut down the Govt.

Pathetic!!!

RK
    So if at least one Democrat comes back he will not lay off 1,500 workers?? Isn't that blackmail??????

So if at least one Democrat comes back he will not lay off 1,500 workers?? Isn't that blackmail??????
    Nope, it is called being responsible and accoutable to the people that elected him.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

No it's not.
    It's fiscal responsibility.
    You might not know or worry about that depending on how you are compensated.

Is running away and shutting down the government unless we get our way blackmail??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I wonder when Wisconsin has to vote on a budget. I guess they can pay all the state employees until the current budget expires then all will have to be terminated. Too bad that isn't tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by weberpal78 View Post
    When they decided there should be an equal number of sports made available to girls and boys.

Not exactly true.

It was to provide EQUAL access to sports, not include every goof ball activity knowto man.

Offer 6 mens sports, offer 6 girls sports.. Does not mean 20 or 30 sports offered. If you cannot afford certain ones, offerl less expensive options.

Hockey ( both), basketball (both), swimming (both), track(both), baseball, softball, football, volleyball. Equal access to sports.

And young people can and should be involved in things outside of school that help develop other skills and interests and the parents should be responsable to insure it. People seem to forget that it is called public education, heavy on the education. Sports should and must come second.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Not exactly true.

It was to provide EQUAL access to sports, not include every goof ball activity knowto man.

Offer 6 mens sports, offer 6 girls sports.. Does not mean 20 or 30 sports offered. If you cannot afford certain ones, offerl less expensive options.

Hockey ( both), basketball (both), swimming (both), track(both), baseball, softball, football, volleyball. Equal access to sports.

And young people can and should be involved in things outside of school that help develop other skills and interests and the parents should be responsable to insure it. People seem to forget that it is called public education, heavy on the education. Sports should and must come second.
    Ummmmmm......you mean.......uhhhh......maybe ........a JOB????

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I saw another interview showing both pros and antis. The Pro Walker interviewed was a woman who said she was self employed and pays for her own retirement and health care. She very articulately summarized her feelings about the bill and the financial and economic ramifications. Next was a younger teacher who said his wife was also a teacher. His opinion was it would cost his wife and himself $5K a year. That was his only opinion, and there was nothing articulate about his answer. English teachers who can't spell without a spell check, geography teachers that get horizontal and vertical mixed up-yes, I know these people. Healthcare corporations gave us our retirement back over 20 years ago, and minimum hours were raised to get even a small part of your healthcare paid. I was better off becoming self employed and deducting my healthcare premiums.
    How many people have a paid retirement and pay nothing for healthcare anymore?
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Ummmmmm......you mean.......uhhhh......maybe ........a JOB????

RK
    No. I mean Scouts, 4H, AAU sports, helping at a shelter or food bank, english as a second language, Boys or Girls Club, training dogs, fishing, hunting, or anything else to help round out a person.

A job will get you things but really doesn't help in other important areas of life. There is a lot of time to work, but very little time to be kid and begin to learn important life lessons that do not revolve around the ME ME ME mentality or things taught in school.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    No. I mean Scouts, 4H, AAU sports, helping at a shelter or food bank, english as a second language, Boys or Girls Club, training dogs, fishing, hunting, or anything else to help round out a person.

A job will get you things but really doesn't help in other important areas of life. There is a lot of time to work, but very little time to be kid and begin to learn important life lessons that do not revolve around the ME ME ME mentality or things taught in school.
    When in HS, I participated in 4 sports and worked part time.

Not that I would be the bench mark, but I have been pretty self reliant throughout my life.

(not that those things you listed are not worthwhile endeavors)

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 03-04-2011 at 02:06 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis