The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast

Thread: Governor Scott Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    It can't get better than the pack winning, so collapse is the only option.
    This is almost as good!!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    The unions were fought tooth and nail every step of the way on safety requirements and child laws. When the unions go away, do you honestly think management will just say, ok, we'll keep those restrictions in place because its the nice thing to do? Do you think companies will voluntarily pay time and a half for overtime? Come on.

And my Grandfather worked in the mines for 43 years, and is still sharp as a tack at 92. Coal dust is bad for the lungs, but must be good for the brain!
    Considering all of those mentioned are laws passed through the legislature if they want to do business in this country yes they will...

The unions were fought tooth and nail every step of the way on safety requirements and child laws. When the unions go away, do you honestly think management will just say, ok, we'll keep those restrictions in place because its the nice thing to do? Do you think companies will voluntarily pay time and a half for overtime? Come on.

And my Grandfather worked in the mines for 43 years, and is still sharp as a tack at 92. Coal dust is bad for the lungs, but must be good for the brain!
    None of the union gains you mention are the result of public employee unions. I suppose public unions can claim responsiblity for job rules requiring 2 workers to flag each end of a highway repair where 2 employees sit in a truck and watch one Dept of Corrections inmate patch the road.

The private employers and the unions are a very different breed of cat from the public employees unions. The latter have no "employer" except the taxpayer and the taxpayer is held hostage by the legislative body that gives away the store. Public employee unions don't negotiate at the state level. They lobby the legislature and more precisely, they pay legislators.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    Considering all of those mentioned are laws passed through the legislature if they want to do business in this country yes they will...
    Absolutely correct. And revoking them is only a few lobbyists and bought congressmen away! Like I said, the Koch brothers didn't give millions to political campaigns and Lord knows how much to lobbyists for patriotic reasons! And now with the Citizens United ruling, the corporate influence over our gov't just took a quantum leap. If nothing else, unions serve to counter balance the corporate dollars being pumped into the political system.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    You're really not that naive are you? You don't think that laws can be changed? When you hear complaints about regulation, what exactly do you think they're talking about? Can't tell you the number of times I heard over the years from owners and managers about the cost of complying with OSHA safety rules and the cost of proper disposal of chemical waste. I worked for a guy that operated factories in California, Michigan, and Ohio. He had superfund sites at two locations from dumping solvents onto the ground out back. Solvents that are known as sinkers. They went straight to the water table and poisoned it. He still felt like it was his God give right to do whatever he damn well pleased. Of course he tried to prove in court that he had nothing to do with the contamination. He cried on the shoulder to everyone and anyone who would listen about how he was being unfairly oppressed by the man. I know for a fact that he was responsible.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

And now with the Citizens United ruling, the corporate influence over our gov't just took a quantum leap.

Dave. I think it's extraordinary to hear people argue out of one side of their mouths that it's not ethical for unions to spend money to get people elected that they will be bargaining with on compensation, and out of the other side of their mouth to argue that it's fine that Citizens United opened the door for business to spend unlimited money on electing politicians that will determine their tax rates can pass laws that regulate them.

Talk about a double standard.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Absolutely correct. And revoking them is only a few lobbyists and bought congressmen away! Like I said, the Koch brothers didn't give millions to political campaigns and Lord knows how much to lobbyists for patriotic reasons! And now with the Citizens United ruling, the corporate influence over our gov't just took a quantum leap. If nothing else, unions serve to counter balance the corporate dollars being pumped into the political system.
    Dave,

Seriously??????

You do the math....#'s 1-17

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

ALL...but 4 are BIG TIME DEMOCRATIC contributer's and even of those 4, they are only playing fair going 50/50 so they dont count as REPUBLICAN...

OF those 17...10 are UNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with another 4 having STRONG union ties.

Your claim that Unions only serve to counter act Corpo in terms of dollars being pumped in to political activites is laughable at best.

Take off the blinders and undo the HOG TIE regards,

Jake

PS...I know, you will say its only 17...ok take it out to 30...better yet take it to 50...but wait you will say it's only since 1989...I know, I know...if you try hard enough you can make that INCH reach a MILE

Unions=Political Action Comittees

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Unions=Political Action Comittees

RK
    Sure. What's your point?

And now, corporations = anonymous donors directly to campaigns.

The Kock brothers alone gave more than Unions did to political candidates.

NorCal, wake up, buddy. You're not in the club! You, me, and everyone on this list are the "screwees", not the "screwers"! We have seen a massisve concentration of wealth at the top in America. The middle class is being demoted. The new report out shows that the jobs returning to America are low-wage, low skill. Flippin' burgers. In WI, OH, and FL we're seeing the elderly and schools being taxed and cut, while the savings go NOT to balancing budgets, but to corporate give-aways. MASSIVE redistribution of wealth upwards. Historically, America has been at its strongest when we've had a strong middle class and the gap between management and worker is narrower. CEO:worker pay is now 200x!!! During our economic growth times, that ratio was in the 20s.

Look at WI. While they're busy thumping their chests over union-busting, the bill as passed does NOTHING about the budget!!! NOTHING.

Wake up America. Yer gonna git whatchya asked for!!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Sure. What's your point?

And now, corporations = anonymous donors directly to campaigns.

The Kock brothers alone gave more than Unions did to political candidates.

NorCal, wake up, buddy. You're not in the club! You, me, and everyone on this list are the "screwees", not the "screwers"! We have seen a massisve concentration of wealth at the top in America. The middle class is being demoted. The new report out shows that the jobs returning to America are low-wage, low skill. Flippin' burgers. In WI, OH, and FL we're seeing the elderly and schools being taxed and cut, while the savings go NOT to balancing budgets, but to corporate give-aways. MASSIVE redistribution of wealth upwards. Historically, America has been at its strongest when we've had a strong middle class and the gap between management and worker is narrower. CEO:worker pay is now 200x!!! During our economic growth times, that ratio was in the 20s.

Look at WI. While they're busy thumping their chests over union-busting, the bill as passed does NOTHING about the budget!!! NOTHING.

Wake up America. Yer gonna git whatchya asked for!!
    BULL SHAT!!!

Public unions gave more in the last elections than anyone else.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis