The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Governor Scott Walker

Quote Originally Posted by weberpal78 View Post
    They have attempted to push the bill through in 4 days without negotiations from the people. The Dems are doing their job by not being there and having the bill passed without discussions. It's not a stunt, it's Democracy.
    Have to explain to us how the Dems intend to have discussions when they are not there to talk or listen.

Jesse Jackson rallies protesters at Wis. Capitol

Associated Press - February 18, 2011 1:55 PM ET

MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The Rev. Jesse Jackson has urged thousands of protesters in the Wisconsin Capitol to continue their stand against a sweeping anti-union bill that state Republicans are pushing.

Jackson made an unannounced appearance at the protests Friday afternoon. Protesters rushed to shake his hand or high-five him, and many shouted, "Thank you, Jesse."

Jackson told the protesters they were fighting for a just cause. He told them to hold strong to their principles and continue fighting to kill the bill. Then he led the masses in a rendition of "We Shall Overcome."

Gov. Scott Walker's bill would cut costs in part by eliminating collective-bargaining rights.

Jackson likened the protest to anti-government fights in Egypt and Tunisia. He says Wisconsin workers should be allowed at the table to help find a solution.

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    __________________________________________________ _____

Now it's getting good!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    The more I hear about what was going on in WI, the less I approved of it. I can understand asking public workers to take pay more for benefits and retirement. However, this bill would also permanently remove the unionsí ability to collectively bargain on wages and benefits. There is no cost savings to that, so why is it part of the bill? This is simply a move to break the union, regardless of Walkerís claims to the contrary. Also, Walker attempted to force the bill through in 4 days so that few people would have a chance to look at it, understand the ramifications of it, or voice any objection to it. After the uproar on this forum over what was perceived as Obamaís attempt to ram a healthcare reform bill down our throats, you would think the same people wouldnít be eager to see the same type of thing happen again in WI.
    Thats not true. They are not losing the ability to bargain wages. We know that public employee benefits and pension are a huge strain on state and local governments and that is why it is a cost savings...

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Now it's getting good!!!!

RK
    Sounds like the makings of a South Park parody now!!

The more I hear about what was going on in WI, the less I approved of it. I can understand asking public workers to take pay more for benefits and retirement. However, this bill would also permanently remove the unionsí ability to collectively bargain on wages and benefits. There is no cost savings to that, so why is it part of the bill? This is simply a move to break the union, regardless of Walkerís claims to the contrary. Also, Walker attempted to force the bill through in 4 days so that few people would have a chance to look at it, understand the ramifications of it, or voice any objection to it. After the uproar on this forum over what was perceived as Obamaís attempt to ram a healthcare reform bill down our throats, you would think the same people wouldnít be eager to see the same type of thing happen again in WI.

I posted the bill, no longer need to guess and follow DNC talking points.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by weberpal78 View Post
    They have attempted to push the bill through in 4 days without negotiations from the people. The Dems are doing their job by not being there and having the bill passed without discussions. It's not a stunt, it's Democracy.
    First of all, the legislative process in Wisconsin doesn't ever involve "negotiations from the people."

Secondly, the legislators are elected to do a job....pass or defeat legislation. The Democrats are doing neither and therefore aren't doing their jobs. They deserve a good >thwacking<.

Eric

Great, now Jesse Jerkoff found the TV camera. The other poverty pimp, Al Sharpton, won't be far behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    Thats not true. They are not losing the ability to bargain wages. We know that public employee benefits and pension are a huge strain on state and local governments and that is why it is a cost savings...
    I stand corrected. They can bargain on wages, but the amount of any increase is capped, so their ability to negotiate is limited. I donít feel they should be prohibited by law from bargaining on benefits. If they have a valid case for not increasing benefits, then present it during negotiations, and let the union present their case. If they can't resolve an impasse, then go to arbitration and let a disinterested 3rd party decide what's fair.

I stand corrected. They can bargain on wages, but the amount of any increase is capped, so their ability to negotiate is limited. I donít feel they should be prohibited by law from bargaining on benefits. If they have a valid case for not increasing benefits, then present it during negotiations, and let the union present their case. If they can't resolve an impasse, then go to arbitration and let a disinterested 3rd party decide what's fair.
    The vote happened in November. What part of that do liberals not understand?
    THe taxpayers, who are their employers said enough is enough. Right now every teacher that did not show up for work should be fired.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    The vote happened in November. What part of that do liberals not understand?
    THe taxpayers, who are their employers said enough is enough. Right now every teacher that did not show up for work should be fired.
    Regardless, the people still have the right to protest actions by the government they feel are unjust, and thatís what theyíre doing. Iím just expressing my opinion of what I think would be fair.

Personally, I have no dog in this fight. What happens in WI doesnít impact me at all. The people of WI got what they voted for. I would hazard a guess to say some of the people protesting even voted for Walker because they didnít think his budget cutting would impact them.