The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi-Speed Rail

Any form of mass transit has never been popular in this country. People here love their cars too much. Besides, how would I take 6 dogs hunting on a train?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Any form of mass transit has never been popular in this country. People here love their cars too much. Besides, how would I take 6 dogs hunting on a train?
    Americans are independent. Mass transit will never be popular here. We all want our "horse" when we want it, to go where we want to go, when we want to go.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    That 45% are the ones that pay no taxes and are using the county bus service at the actual taxpayers expense.
    Exactly! But that is the Obama/progressive plan - to get a majority of the electorate taken care of by the government. It's why giving illegal aliens' citizenship & the right to vote is a major part of his plan.

Our country's founders stated if such ever happened, our democratic republic would fail. That is why our founders put in safe guards to voting like property ownership.
    David Didier, GA

Our governor just rejected the federal funding (2B) for our state and I could not be happier. In the end it would have cost the state an additional 3 BILLION to complete. The idea was to build a HSR from Tampa to Orlando. The problem is the drive from Tampa to Orlando is an hour and the time it would take by HSR is not much less. Florida is a state that you almost HAVE to have a car to get around in and most everyone does. By the time you park, pay for parking, get to your destination, find transportation to wherever you need to go once you get there…it is not worth the time and cost. Then you have to get back on and go home. Most tourist come to Orlando for the theme parks and have NO interest in going to Tampa. With few exceptions it is cheaper to fly into Orlando so I don’t think there are a bunch of tourist that will want to fly to Tampa and take a train to Orlando. Oh and BTW…..Florida voters voted against the HSR a few years back, but you know they were just wrong and didn’t know it I guess….. Lucky for us one of our senators (Nelson (D)) is still going to do everything he can to shove this down our throats because he knows the greater good of throwing money away even if the people don’t
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Americans are independent. Mass transit will never be popular here. We all want our "horse" when we want it, to go where we want to go, when we want to go.
    And, as far as I'm concerned, that is the way it should be!