The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Angry Colin Powell wants answers on Iraq WMD lies

He's always tried to be on the side that has power, as he is doing here. He saw the writing on the wall during the election and supported Obama, even though he claimed to be a Republican. Now, he's trying to say he was duped. He is as full of crap as all the rest of the politicians...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Blind View Post
    I hope I am missing something here but...
    When a man or woman dies wearing their uniform, do you still call it a costume?
    Yes, you missed UB telling me I "wore a costume" and something else to the effect that I burn flags or something similar...all because I have a differing political view that he does. I've learned that nothing is above attacks here on POTUS, if you dare to disagree with some of the elders here. I'm not sure why others bring up my military service in that regard, or any other.

I have not, nor will I ever say anything but "thank you" for military service, to those I agree with...or disagree.

I sincerely apologize if you took that the wrong way. It was in reference to another's disrespectful comment.

Dave F
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Yes, you missed UB telling me I "wore a costume" and something else to the effect that I burn flags or something similar...all because I have a differing political view that he does. I've learned that nothing is above attacks here on POTUS, if you dare to disagree with some of the elders here. I'm not sure why others bring up my military service in that regard, or any other.

I have not, nor will I ever say anything but "thank you" for military service, to those I agree with...or disagree.

I sincerely apologize if you took that the wrong way. It was in reference to another's disrespectful comment.

Dave F
    To be fair to the rest of "us", I'd say most of our views are "different" as well to UB

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    To be fair to the rest of "us", I'd say most of our views are "different" as well to UB
    LOL Would that make him a radical??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    LOL Would that make him a radical??????????????
    I'm sure it makes him a centrist!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I see the righties here dancing all around evading the subject of the thread "General Powell demands answers from CIA, Pentagon and DIA about the WMDs lies. But that is not surprising.
    In strict response to the thread subject, General Powell, add Ret., is now a private citizen and has no more right to demand anything from the CIA, Pentagon & DIA than you or I do.

As far as the CIA et al trusting the BND's source of information, imo, what would make Dr. Latif's veracity automatically more believable tha all-Janabi's? There were a lot of people that were covering for Saddam back then, and as "the boss" he might have all the more reason to lie and protect his hide from possible payback, especially if he still had relatives still in Iraq.

Should the CIA etc have vetted the info on their own? Obviously NOW, yes. Monday AM QBing as posted earlier. A lot of people got played because of this now admitted liar, Powell among them.
    If you want to charge al-Janabi as a war criminal, fine by me. .
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    You guys are both missing something. DNF was told on another thread that his uniform was nothing more than a costume to him. Pretty disrespectful on the part of the other involved party, IMO, so don't go blasting Dave on this one. He's got plenty of other things that you can blast him about though, if you so desire.

Actually Duck, I didn't miss anything. Thats why I took up for Dave by pointing out that it was sarcasm. And I didn't blast anyone. Now, you can go back to being Potus Police.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

This is current news not something I am dragging up from the past. These articles were written on the 15th of February 2011 and answered by General Powell on the 16th of February, 2011. But one thing for sure Bush43 lied about WMD.

Published on Saturday, January 10, 2004 by CBS News
    Saddam's Ouster Planned In '01?
    The Bush Administration began laying plans for an invasion of Iraq, including the use of American troops, within days of President Bush's inauguration in January of 2001 -- not eight months later after the 9/11 attacks as has been previously reported.
    O'Neill is quoted as saying he was surprised that no one in a National Security Council meeting questioned why Iraq should be invaded. "It was all about finding a way to do it. That was the tone of it. The president saying 'Go find me a way to do this. '"

That's what former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill says in his first interview about his time as a White House insider. O'Neill talks to Correspondent Lesley Stahl in the interview, to be broadcast on 60 Minutes, Sunday, Jan. 11 at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0110-03.htm

Edit your post all you like Roger. Doesn't change anything. You have been posting crap about GWB for several years now. What are you trying to do, get him kicked out of the White House? Guess what? He is not there anymore. I, or should I say WE all get you didn't like him. So, move on, find something else to talk about. And while your at it, why dont you get away from that computer screen for awhile and enjoy the sun. Vitamin K might help you think better.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I have a feeling Gen. Powell was just being the good soldier he was trained to be. He certainly had his reservation, and tried to talk Bush out of going into Iraq. But, once the decision was made, he saluted smartly and charged up the hill (to paraphrase Oliver North). I don’t think he ever believed the administration would leave him to be the fall guy, and push him to the sidelines.

I guess he should have been more thorough before he signed up for the job.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2042072.ece
    Actually, to be a good soldier, you must also ask questions about things that don't make sense to you. He had another choice he could have made if/when he knew the intel was incorrect. He could have resigned his commission and retired. He didn't have to lie to anyone, if that is what he did.

Or, no one on the right will want to comment about it.
    Some of us work Roger......

But I'll be happy to reply as a "righty"..... but it's just my opinion.

This one got screwed up, as many "intelligence" matters have over the years. My FIL, who was OSI during Vietnam and a retired full bird once told me "Intelligence is an inexact science because it relies heavily on human action and insight." In my words, it's educated guessing......and when it goes bad, it's DAMN costly for many.

The hind-sight facts are, we know Saddam used gas on his own citizens AND we know after the invasion dust settled that no WMD were found. So, the intelligence community screwed the pooch and those charged with making decisions based on the information available made a bad call...in hind sight.

It's not the first time a prez will own a decision like this (right, wrong or indifferent - Bush owns it), nor will it be the last time....guaranteed. But the grandstanding that some perform saying they "know' that Bush fabricated the WMD thing is a bunch of crap....YOU WEREN'T THERE, in the room when the "intelligence" was being evaluated and "expert opinions' being expressed....so you DON'T know. You are entitled to your opinion, but stating it as fact is over the top.

I realize that folks on both sides of the aisle are more than happy to ignore reality and act as if their preferred camp doesn't make mistakes.....but until humans no longer are in charge of the intelligence and the decisions, then bad calls will get made, and people will die....both soldiers and innocents will die, regardless of whether the decision is to invade (Iraq) or not (those killed by the Kosovo Liberation Army and the Yugoslavs before NATO action occurred).

There you go.....you can stop trolling for a response.

As a sidebar - I've always wondered why the same "intelligence community" that was in charge prior to 9/11 would be trusted to get it right on Iraq. I've come to the sad conclusion that it's the best we have, and it's not perfect....just like everything else.