The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Angry Colin Powell wants answers on Iraq WMD lies

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Popcorn is in the microwave Roger! This will be good. First, lets attack the loyalties and credibility of Gen. Powell. Maybe even say he wore a "costume" for the better part of 30 years?? The far right has been caught with their pants down (figuratively speaking only, in this case) and will divert, deny, and wiggle away from this the best they can. We won't forget though....we'll be paying for it for generations to come.
    I hope I am missing something here but...
    When a man or woman dies wearing their uniform, do you still call it a costume?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Blind View Post

You are. Its called sarcasm. Dave is just trying to say that us conservatives will say anything to distance ourselves from the General. And I really hope he is wrong.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Banned

I see the righties here dancing all around evading the subject of the thread "General Powell demands answers from CIA, Pentagon and DIA about the WMDs lies. But that is not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I see the righties here dancing all around evading the subject of the thread "General Powell demands answers from CIA, Pentagon and DIA about the WMDs lies. But that is not surprising.

I am not dancing around anything Roger. I don't know who lied or is lying now. I think it is pretty evident that they did have WMD's at one time. Did they have them in 2003? Doesnt look like it. But I don't know who to blame, if there is anyone to blame. I do know that you posting a link about this same damn topic weekly isn't going to change anything. We went to war, we are still there and I don't know when we will be home. If you want to do something productive, why not pack a care package and mail it to some service man over there fighting the war you like to bitch about.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    I am not dancing around anything Roger. I don't know who lied or is lying now. I think it is pretty evident that they did have WMD's at one time. Did they have them in 2003? Doesnt look like it. But I don't know who to blame, if there is anyone to blame. I do know that you posting a link about this same damn topic weekly isn't going to change anything. We went to war, we are still there and I don't know when we will be home. If you want to do something productive, why not pack a care package and mail it to some service man over there fighting the war you like to bitch about.
    This is current news not something I am dragging up from the past. These articles were written on the 15th of February 2011 and answered by General Powell on the 16th of February, 2011. But one thing for sure Bush43 lied about WMD.

Published on Saturday, January 10, 2004 by CBS News
    Saddam's Ouster Planned In '01?
    The Bush Administration began laying plans for an invasion of Iraq, including the use of American troops, within days of President Bush's inauguration in January of 2001 -- not eight months later after the 9/11 attacks as has been previously reported.
    O'Neill is quoted as saying he was surprised that no one in a National Security Council meeting questioned why Iraq should be invaded. "It was all about finding a way to do it. That was the tone of it. The president saying 'Go find me a way to do this. '"

That's what former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill says in his first interview about his time as a White House insider. O'Neill talks to Correspondent Lesley Stahl in the interview, to be broadcast on 60 Minutes, Sunday, Jan. 11 at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0110-03.htm
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 02-18-2011 at 01:35 PM.

To Roger

All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Blind View Post
    You are. Its called sarcasm. Dave is just trying to say that us conservatives will say anything to distance ourselves from the General. And I really hope he is wrong.
    You guys are both missing something. DNF was told on another thread that his uniform was nothing more than a costume to him. Pretty disrespectful on the part of the other involved party, IMO, so don't go blasting Dave on this one. He's got plenty of other things that you can blast him about though, if you so desire.

All I have to say regarding his demands and the quote that you put in your post is that:

1. Hindsight is always 20/20.
    2. It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.

Maybe General Powell should have been a little more thorough before he signed his name.
    IF he is now 100% sure he was duped.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Maybe General Powell should have been a little more thorough before he signed his name.
    IF he is now 100% sure he was duped.

RK
    I have a feeling Gen. Powell was just being the good soldier he was trained to be. He certainly had his reservation, and tried to talk Bush out of going into Iraq. But, once the decision was made, he saluted smartly and charged up the hill (to paraphrase Oliver North). I don’t think he ever believed the administration would leave him to be the fall guy, and push him to the sidelines.

I guess he should have been more thorough before he signed up for the job.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2042072.ece