The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The US HOUSE is on a Roll!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Yep, culture of life. Cut off the means for millions of women to have access to affordable birth control, thereby creating more unplanned pregnancies. Deny them affordable breast and cervical cancer screenings. Make sure they don't know how to use contraceptives, and even if they do, they don't have access to them.
    Buzz I doubt that even 5 percent of the women (more like girls) that go to planned parenthood are going to learn about screening for cancer. If they were really getting an education on contraceptives then why are there so many girls having multiple abortions? This is just another aid program for people who want instant gratification and then expect some one else to pay for it.

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Yep, culture of life. Cut off the means for millions of women to have access to affordable birth control, thereby creating more unplanned pregnancies. Deny them affordable breast and cervical cancer screenings. Make sure they don't know how to use contraceptives, and even if they do, they don't have access to them.
    Buzz

I thought you might like to know that each and every service you listed in this post is provided by your own state health departments and they are FREE.

I know my state provided family planning and contraceptives free to all women and children (with parental knowledge or consent) over 30 years ago. I know this because I served on the county board of health. I suspect most if not all states' health departments provide all of the services you listed.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Buzz

I thought you might like to know that each and every service you listed in this post is provided by your own state health departments and they are FREE.

I know my state provided family planning and contraceptives free to all women and children (with parental knowledge or consent) over 30 years ago. I know this because I served on the county board of health. I suspect most if not all states' health departments provide all of the services you listed.
    sry sould say "without parental consent or knowledge"

Will they ever get around to addressing creating jobs? Or, just more legislation that will get defeated in the House?

While I applaud any attempt to cut spending it is apparent that they just want to Grandstand. Tax payers could save a lot more money if Congress were to cut thier Pensions and outrageous Healthcare Benefits.

When will we see some real cuts in spending and them leading by example?
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    They just voted to defund Obamacare.

They also just voted to defund Planned Parenthood.

They voted to defund Obamas Czars.

All in a days work...
    aaaaaaaaaaah nice but apparantly they feel that Nascar is off limits

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/19/sp.../19rhoden.html

That's are great Representatives getting serious about fiscal responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post

From the article you posted:

“I had about six members on my side of the aisle and 12 on the other side of the aisle say, ‘Can you make that thing go away? You’re right, we should cut it, but I don’t want to take the heat for it.’ ”

Cowards on both sides of the aisle!

I don't know if there is a good return on investment or not. One issue is important, that the military has access young people for recruiting purposes. In a world where the left has disdain and loathing for the military, they protest them on college campuses, reject their offers to come to high schools, do you have a solution on the best way to recruit to keep out military vibrant? Is the nascar audience those that actually enlist in the military and provides the foundation for our future leaders, or is it some left wing radical United States hating group?

I don't really know...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I don't know if there is a good return on investment or not. One issue is important, that the military has access young people for recruiting purposes. In a world where the left has disdain and loathing for the military, they protest them on college campuses, reject their offers to come to high schools, do you have a solution on the best way to recruit to keep out military vibrant? Is the nascar audience those that actually enlist in the military and provides the foundation for our future leaders, or is it some left wing radical United States hating group?

I don't really know...
    So does Planned Parenthood!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Not apples to apples.

If they want to propose cutting military advertising, fine.

But to have someone in Congress direct where the money should be placed on advertising is more bad government. The decision as to where ad money is spent is better left to the private sector and professional Media Buyers than some politician. If NASCAR is where the military gets their best ROI on thier ad dollar then that is where the money should be spent!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson