The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Census Shows Minorities Outnumber Whites in Texas

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,089

    Default

    I believe that this last census count showed that Hispanics outnumbered ( or equaled ) the Native Americans in Oklahoma now. Interesting numbers all in all.

  2. #12
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Roger, you might want to give that another shot. I think ya got a little mixed up half way through that statement.
    I would say Roger is just a bit mixed up. no need to associate that with any statement at all really.
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  3. #13
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TxHillHunter View Post
    Here, here!

    But we also care if you are a LEGAL citizen of the United States!
    Ditto!

    I wonder how much of that huge increase in hispanic growth is illegal. Their presence should have little effect on redistricting.
    Last edited by HPL; 02-19-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: spelling
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  4. #14
    Senior Member TxHillHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bee Cave, Texas
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Ditto!

    I wonder how much of that huge increase in hispanic growth is illegal. Their presence should have little effect on redistricting.
    We will likely never know the answer to that, but we'll feel it in many ways other than redistricting.

    BTW- Gig Em!

  5. #15
    Senior Member BrianW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Athol, North Idaho
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TxHillHunter View Post
    Here, here!

    But we also care if you are a LEGAL citizen of the United States!
    Just lookin at the Census form
    http://www.census.gov/schools/pdf/2010form_info.pdf
    and I only see " The Census must count every person living in the United States on April 1, 2010. "
    I don't see anything about a question 11. Is/Are Person(s) 1-12 living in the United States legally?
    That could have an effect on "(making) the state competitive for Democrats in future years" couldn't it?
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791
    ________________________________________
    Proud partner of (HR) WR SR Brian's 44Magnum Monster
    co-owned by HR Rianne's 2nd Chance Hurricane Rebel

  6. #16
    Senior Member TxHillHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bee Cave, Texas
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Just lookin at the Census form
    http://www.census.gov/schools/pdf/2010form_info.pdf
    and I only see " The Census must count every person living in the United States on April 1, 2010. "
    I don't see anything about a question 11. Is/Are Person(s) 1-12 living in the United States legally?
    That could have an effect on "(making) the state competitive for Democrats in future years" couldn't it?
    It could, but minimal IMO. They ARE counted in many cases; although census workers routinely tell stories about knocking on a door, seeing people inside who don't answer the door. Can't imagine why a person here illegally wouldn't send a questionnaire back to the government or answer the door for someone with a clipboard... ha!

    It's still pretty hard for them to vote fraudulently, so I would think the party "split" of any given zip code, precinct, etc is determined largely without impact from illegals.

  7. #17
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TxHillHunter View Post
    It could, but minimal IMO. They ARE counted in many cases; although census workers routinely tell stories about knocking on a door, seeing people inside who don't answer the door. Can't imagine why a person here illegally wouldn't send a questionnaire back to the government or answer the door for someone with a clipboard... ha!

    It's still pretty hard for them to vote fraudulently, so I would think the party "split" of any given zip code, precinct, etc is determined largely without impact from illegals.
    MN,WA,OR,IL,NV and any number of other states might beg to differ.
    Bill Davis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •