The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: high gas prices

Default high gas prices

after filling up my truck and 4 wheeler at a cost of 100 dollars it got me thinking how come the last time gas was this high every one was screaming about bush and chaney giving all their oil friends special deals and getting kick backs.now gas is up and going higher and not a peep. lets be fair and at least discuess the golden ones blame for shutting off drilling in the gulf

I would expect a whole slew of drilling permits to be issued 60-90 days prior to the next election. That way they can claim that they have stepped up domestic production.

The current administration promise of redistribution of wealth where the Arabs and Persians get richer and we become poorer.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pat addis View Post
    after filling up my truck and 4 wheeler at a cost of 100 dollars it got me thinking how come the last time gas was this high every one was screaming about bush and chaney giving all their oil friends special deals and getting kick backs.now gas is up and going higher and not a peep. lets be fair and at least discuess the golden ones blame for shutting off drilling in the gulf
    Most of the reasons gas prices were high during the Bush/Cheney administration was because of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Gas prices are going up because of the unrest in the Middle East not because of not drilling more in the gulf of mexico. If we are paying higher prices for oil that we get from the countries over seas then why do the oil companies here get the same amount for a barrel of oil produced here? The cost of shipping oil from Saudie Arabia on oil tankers to the United States must cost alot more than getting oil to the refineries from the Gulf don't you think?

I don't like paying $100 to fill up my tank anymore than you do. Before the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan started I could fill my gas tank for $30.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 02-20-2011 at 09:18 AM.

You guys crack me up...

Oil and Gas: Prices Not Stable in the U.S.
    By Rachel McCain - February 20, 2011 11:25 AM
    Oil and Gas: Prices Not Stable in the U.S.

As fighting continues in the Middle East, gas prices continue to increase in the United States.

Those who planned to travel over the three-day Presidentís Day holiday weekend found that gas prices were about 54 cents higher than they were this time last year. A year ago around this time, the cost of a gallon of regular gasoline ranged nationally from $2.958 to $3.752.

According to AAA, Wright Express and the Oil Price Information Service, on Friday, the national average for a gallon of regular gasoline was $3.156.

Nevertheless, prices for oil seemed to decrease. According to the New York Mercantile Exchange, light sweet crude oil dropped 16 cents to $86.20 per barrel, and Brent North Sea crude on Londonís ICE Futures exchange dropped 7 cents to $102.52 per barrel.

However, the civil unrest in countries such as Yemen, Bahrain, and Egypt may have an effect on oil coming from the Middle East to Europe as well as North America.

According to the Associated Press:

"With a long weekend ahead of them, traders were concerned that they could return on Tuesday to a world that could conceivably be changed from the one left behind," said analysts at U.S. energy consultancy Cameron Hanover.

Read more: http://www.thirdage.com/news/oil-and...#ixzz1EW9b4m2A
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Lets don't forget that OPEC didn't cut production until the US was forced by the administration to cut production!

If the Iranians try and slip those two ships through the Suez later today, look for gas to go skyhigh.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Banned

[quote=Franco;754499]Lets don't forget that OPEC didn't cut production until the US was forced by the administration to cut production!

If the Iranians try and slip those two ships through the Suez later today, look for gas to go skyhigh.[/quote]

Again it all has to do with the unrest in the Middle East. You just made my point.

[quote=Roger Perry;754530]
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Lets don't forget that OPEC didn't cut production until the US was forced by the administration to cut production!

If the Iranians try and slip those two ships through the Suez later today, look for gas to go skyhigh.[/quote]

Again it all has to do with the unrest in the Middle East. You just made my point.
    And, if a war breaks out and oil is held up, where do you propose to get OUR oil from?

You just made my point!

If oil can't be imported and the Gulf Of Mexico is being severly limited in production, a gasoline crisis in the USA can be directly linked to the Obama Administration!
    Last edited by Franco; 02-20-2011 at 12:37 PM.

I am sure our good friend Hugo Chavez will be willing to supply us at reasonable costs.

Or possibly Petrobras and George Soros. We have many knew friends don't worry be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Most of the reasons gas prices were high during the Bush/Cheney administration was because of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Gas prices are going up because of the unrest in the Middle East not because of not drilling more in the gulf of mexico. If we are paying higher prices for oil that we get from the countries over seas then why do the oil companies here get the same amount for a barrel of oil produced here? The cost of shipping oil from Saudie Arabia on oil tankers to the United States must cost alot more than getting oil to the refineries from the Gulf don't you think?

I don't like paying $100 to fill up my tank anymore than you do. Before the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan started I could fill my gas tank for $30.
    Before the Viet Nam war, I could fill my tank for $5.00.

SO?????

Totally irrelevant regards..........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis