The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: high gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- In Saudi Arabia gasoline costs about 45 cents a gallon. In Iran it's 33 cents. Venezuelans pay less than a quarter.

federal gas tax .184
    NC gas tax .325
    Total tax .509

Notice Roger just the tax is more. This has nothing to do with the actual cost to produce the gas.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    ...meanwhile up here, where we are the largest foreign oil supplier to the US, we pay the equivalent of $4.99 CND/ per US gallon, so stop your whining. Any resource which takes millions of years to create shouldn't just be burned up and lost forever. The future is going to be built on energy, those countries which are dealing now with fossil fuel issues, be it from an environmental perspective or the supply side are going to be better placed the retain their economic advantage. The worst thing that your government can do to weaken your children's economic future is to behave as though oil should be there forever to be burned like it has no value.
    The very best thing your country can do, is to leave as much of its crude resouces in the ground, because it will still be there to be used for plastic and fertilizer when all other supply sources have run out. Perhaps in the future you will be able to trade plastic to the Chinese in exchange for cheap power.
    This is the kind of thinking that has us in the situation we are in today!

Until alternatives are on line and ready to suplant oil, it is folly to think we have enough alternatives to drive our economy. We have enough reserves to increase production while we incentivise delveloping alternatives. At the point where we are deleting our reserves to only several trillion barrels, then we can cut back on production.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

Until alternatives are on line and ready to suplant oil, it is folly to think we have enough alternatives to drive our economy. We have enough reserves to increase production while we incentivise delveloping alternatives. At the point where we are deleting our reserves to only several trillion barrels, then we can cut back on production.
    Sorry Franco but with all due respect, it is thinking that fossil fuel should be cheap which is going to bankrupt our nations. The low price at the pump (relative to other industrialized nations) in the US is why your vehicles lag those of other nations' in fuel economy and why alternate sources of power generation are not coming on stream. Necessity is the mother of invention, etc. etc. and current US policy is going to see you fall so far behind other nations that you will never catch up...all this, so that our generation can drive the vehicles we do and heat and cool the homes we have. Real political vision would deliberately make fuel more expensive through taxation to change consumer's habits, and guide this continent to become new energy source leaders not followers mired in the 19th century's big competitive edge.

Just so you know; I'm no tree hugger, I used to race historic and vintage automobiles before I turned to the cheap and relaxing hobby of retriever sports. I love the thunder of a 7 litre Can AM V8 and the whine of a V12 at 7,000 is music to my ears. But cheap energy is going to make us a second tier economy before this century ends.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Actually, it is your kind of thinking that has led to the mess we are in as to energy. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Actually, it is your kind of thinking that has led to the mess we are in as to energy. IMHO
    NO, the mess is a result of the green crazies.
    DRILL BABY DRILL!!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    NO, the mess is a result of the green crazies.
    DRILL BABY DRILL!!
    For whatever it's worth, we are starting to get AFEs for the first time in a couple of years. Mostly gas wells but some oil wells in NDAK.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Gas at the pump has gone up a dollar per gallon over the last six weeks.

The USA cut production which led to OPEC cutting production. Add Libya to the mix and gas prices skyrocketed.

Blame the current administration for soaring prices not the ones that want to to increase production and become more oil independent.

Oil is nowhere near depleted and just because the Democrats hate oil companies is not a good enough reason to make citizens suffer with higher prices when they don't have to.

And, so what if the rest of the world is paying through the nose for gas? We are Americans and we are exceptional. I could care less how the rest of the world views us as they would love to drag us down to thier standard of living.

In my book... America First!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

And, so what if the rest of the world is paying through the nose for gas? We are Americans and we are exceptional. I could care less how the rest of the world views us as they would love to drag us down to thier standard of living.

In my book... America First!
    Amen brother!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Gas is 14 cents less/gallon in NJ than PA. I'm told that is because PA has a higher state tax on gasoline than NJ. Theoretically, the tax on gasoline is supposed to be used for road maintenance ... yet PA is among THE WORST in the US for the deterioration of its bridges. Our tax dollars at work
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

How high do gas prices have to go before the left starts yelling like they have in the past??

Remember......"It's the Economy Stupid!!"

Your own mantra may be Obama's achilles heel.
    He will NOT rescind the halt on drilling in the gulf, he is too stubborn to admit he errored.
    He himself has stated that the speculators are causing the price increases, then let them speculate on more oil in the market.

Rising gas prices, now over $4 a gallon, approaching $5 a gallon quickly, could be his undoing.
    Last edited by road kill; 04-21-2011 at 10:28 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis