The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: high gas prices

I saw gas well above $3 today at three different stations and no doubt it will go much higher after crude's melt-up. No energy independence thanks to the enviromentalists and leftists with revolution in the middle east thanks to the keynesians and central bankers.

Enviromentalists and leftists and keynesians...what an unholy trinity. Where's my flame thrower? We are so FUBAR'd in this country thanks to Barack.

We live in Cuba now.

Something is going on in Washington DC in regards to drilling.

We have had seven large oilfield companies place recruitment advertising with us since yesterday.

One problem is much of the large equipemnt has left the gulf area for other parts of the world. There is an extreme shortage of workboats as they have been dispersed as well.

One shipyard is offering $30 per hour, double overtime and full benefits for welders and fitters.

It will take months to get the area up to full capacity for production.

Must be some permits coming down the pike.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    1. The price of crude doesn't include shipping and handling.
    2. Crude is a fungible commodity. Oil companies don't need to cut their price to sell more. What's still in the ground is only going up in value.
    3. Profit is relative. Looking at it as a percentage of sales it's not excessive.
    In that case, we should drill it all and burn every last drop of ours. Then we'll be completely at the mercy of those who still have some. We'll have sold all of ours cheap, then we'll pay top dollar.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Something is going on in Washington DC in regards to drilling.

We have had seven large oilfield companies place recruitment advertising with us since yesterday.

One problem is much of the large equipemnt has left the gulf area for other parts of the world. There is an extreme shortage of workboats as they have been dispersed as well.

One shipyard is offering $30 per hour, double overtime and full benefits for welders and fitters.

It will take months to get the area up to full capacity for production.

Must be some permits coming down the pike.

So, you're saying that the article I posted about more drilling ships and rigs in the gulf since the disaster down there is incorrect.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    So, you're saying that the article I posted about more drilling ships and rigs in the gulf since the disaster down there is incorrect.

If they are down here, then where are they?

The pressure is on Obama to issue new drilling permits. Getting back up to the capacity we had a year ago doesn't happen overnight. It will take many months.

Like I said, workboats are nowhere to be found. Same for deep water rigs and many of the experienced hands are working in Saudi Arabia for ARAMCO. I' sure they will be more than happy to come home.

The USA was the world's third largest producer of oil, behind Russia and Saudi Arabia. Owners of the equipment, ships etc are not going to let thier inventory sit around idle when they can lease it to other companies drilling in other countries.

P S

Like I said on the other thread, reading articles written by Wall St analysis is folley. They have no more of an idea of what reality is than the man on the moon. Just this morning I was reading how favorable a Wall St firm was on a broadcast merger that happened last Friday by two of the worse run outfits in the biz. The writter was totally clueless. Obviously they had some stake in the merger but as someone in the industry, my advice would be to sell as quickly and run for the hills!
    Last edited by Franco; 02-22-2011 at 06:13 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

In that case, we should drill it all and burn every last drop of ours. Then we'll be completely at the mercy of those who still have some. We'll have sold all of ours cheap, then we'll pay top dollar.
    Have you been sniffing paint fumes? Your comment makes no sense at all. You must be a lib or MOTRI.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    Have you been sniffing paint fumes? Your comment makes no sense at all. You must be a lib or MOTRI.
    Sheesh, what's a guy to do? All I did was agree with the drill-baby-drill crowd, and I get called stupid for it.

Sheesh, what's a guy to do? All I did was agree with the drill-baby-drill crowd, and I get called stupid for it.
    Look up the words condescension, patronizing, or for that matter, snide. When you or any of your lib buddies agree with a conservative view, we all know where you are coming from.

And as I read it, YOU are the only one calling you 'stupid'...but if the shoe fits.....

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Guys,
    Say for example I make Pure Vermont Maple Syrup. (and I do)
    And Ahab the Arab (Ray Stevens 1962) makes another type of Syrup.
    And then say for example the government prevents me from drilling
    Holes in my trees. Limiting my production capability. I will charge as
    Much as I am able so I can make all the $$$ that I can with the limited holes
    I am allowed to use. Ahab will closely monitor the price I am getting.
    He will then charge just the same +/- a few cents because he wants to
    Make the same $$$ I am. If I am able to drill as many holes as I want
    or can handle in my personal operation. I will have more product and will
    lower my price so I may sell it all. Ahab will see that and lower his price.
    If he does not everyone will buy from me and he will be unable to buy
    His child that new camel he wants. It is so simple a tree hugger can
    Figger it out.

Or he could by all your product and sell all the syrup for a higher price than yours and his combined...
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

And as the price of oil rapidly approaches $100 can anybody guess who said the following today:

"The economy is in a much stronger position to handle rising oil prices. Central banks have a lot of experience in managing these things" and "The economy is gradually getting stronger, I wouldn't get carried away with it"

Anybody want to guess which of Obama's economic sodomists said it? My gosh...we are so freaking doomed with this crew of leftists in charge.

We live in Cuba now.