The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: History Shows 2012 Could Be Tough for Obama

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    But who do you think is larger in number-- Palin backers....or moderate independent voters that went for Obama in '08? These same voters that put Obama in office will likely decide the next election also. Do you want to trade them away for the Palin crowd? I could be mistaken, but I don't think many of them will buy off on a Palin heavy platform.
    who said Palin was going to dictate the platform, dont be so quick to make her the face of the Party, put she and the Tea Party can energize CONSERVATIVES..which was clearly lacking before...I dont want Republican Lite...IMHO if you give the country a SOLID conservative the moderate republicans will follow...why waste time and money trying to change the hearts and minds of left leaning moderates, they will not vote Republican...the Republicans lost because moderate republicans voted for BHO
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    who said Palin was going to dictate the platform, dont be so quick to make her the face of the Party, put she and the Tea Party can energize CONSERVATIVES..which was clearly lacking before...I dont want Republican Lite...IMHO if you give the country a SOLID conservative the moderate republicans will follow...why waste time and money trying to change the hearts and minds of left leaning moderates, they will not vote Republican...the Republicans lost because moderate republicans voted for BHO
    I see your point. But I just don't think Sarah can stick around and NOT be the focus of the party or platform. You get the full Monty with her.

I'm not making her the face of the party, but I think SHE will, unless they separate from her definitively.

Of course, this will all be moot after the primary, if she doesn't win. Do you think she can win the GOP primary? Or what if she doesn't (or doesn't run in it) and goes third party? What then? Do you think the GOP would let her split their ranks with a third party run? (if I were Obama, I would be praying daily for that to occur)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I see your point. But I just don't think Sarah can stick around and NOT be the focus of the party or platform. You get the full Monty with her.

I'm not making her the face of the party, but I think SHE will, unless they separate from her definitively.

Of course, this will all be moot after the primary, if she doesn't win. Do you think she can win the GOP primary? Or what if she doesn't (or doesn't run in it) and goes third party? What then? Do you think the GOP would let her split their ranks with a third party run?
    (if I were Obama, I would be praying daily for that to occur)

Not enough funding $$$$$$$$$ and infrastructure for a third party run, she needs the Republican Party and as much as care to admit it the Party needs her BUT as a fund raiser and flame thrower...as far as the Full Monty from her, at one time maybe, but not anymore

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Not enough funding $$$$$$$$$ and infrastructure for a third party run, she needs the Republican Party and as much as care to admit it the Party needs her BUT as a fund raiser and flame thrower...as far as the Full Monty from her, at one time maybe, but not anymore
    I can agree with all of the above. But who's going to put her in that box if she really wants to run?

I see your point on that....I doubt anyone could put her in that box, and maintain her support.

This will be interesting. What do you think she's gonna do?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Someone posted a link to Fox News a while back that had a poll of Republicans on how they felt about Palin's chances as the GOP headliner in 2012. Over half the registered Republicans said they didn't or couldn't support her.

Instead of courting her small following, the GOP would be better served by going after the undecided. This is the group that will win or lose and election for any party. Her followers may be loud but there aren't enough of them to influence an election.

And, they way to go after them is to come up with a platform that serves this country economiclly and not one that wants to take us back to some fictional fairy tale land that never exsisted!
    Lot of good that did our RINO nominee last time if they are undecided this time around, there isn't much hope for them. Go conservative or go home.
    Bill Davis

and all this time I thought you were on LSU Freek.. Which I must admit is the most entertaining innovative fan based collegiate website I have ever seen, about as politically incorrect as it gets..
    I am the LSU Freek!

Though I will admit that I didn't think LSU would win more than 7 games last season with Jefferson at QB. Next season should be another Nat'l Championship season for the Tigers

And, no one will ever accuse me of being PC.

I am Pro Business both large and small ones, anti-Big Government, fiscally conservative, strong military and that is what our government should be for as well! All the social crap need not be a part of our Fed Government.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Lot of good that did our RINO nominee last time if they are undecided this time around, there isn't much hope for them. Go conservative or go home.
    I am talking about the undecided voters not politicians!

You know, the voters that will decide the election.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

I am talking about the undecided voters not politicians!

You know, the voters that will decide the election.
    No $hit... look where that got us chasing them last time. get a conservative candidate and go more conservative. If the voters have not made up their mind by now, there is no hope for them, lets move on (to coin a phrase)
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Go conservative or go home.
    if I dint already have a signature, THIS would be my new one

I am the LSU Freek!

Though I will admit that I didn't think LSU would win more than 7 games last season with Jefferson at QB. Next season should be another Nat'l Championship season for the Tigers

And, no one will ever accuse me of being PC.

I am Pro Business both large and small ones, anti-Big Government, fiscally conservative, strong military and that is what our government should be for as well! All the social crap need not be a part of our Fed Government.
    Drinking the Kool Aid again I see....

[QUOTE=BonMallari;755412]if I dint already have a signature, THIS would be my new one

Yours is a pretty good one, probably cost you more though
    Bill Davis