The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: History Shows 2012 Could Be Tough for Obama

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Good point Brian, but look how well that's worked for us.
    True enough.

But without the past baggage, a "Huntsman" could bring out a consistent viable message to counter the "whirling dervish" that PBO seems to have become. He wouldn't have to hide his roots and upbringing as well as the radical associations and could counter the trend to tear the system down.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

[QUOTE][/Q
    Originally Posted by Terri
    My daughter who is a third year law school old had to balance the budget and cut the debt in one of her classes. She was able to do it through a lot of cuts and very little tax raising. The project was very simply, her words, and took very little time. She does have an undergraduate degree in economics, which may have helped, but she is only 24 years old. All this back and forth at both the state and federal between the two parties is just politics. As a whole the two political parties do not care about the financial health of the country.
    QUOTE]

Perhaps the class should send their results to the freshman House members? or all the Senators? It could be enlightening for all of them.

One of the aspects of cutting govt spending that people haven't focused on, FWIW ... what happens if funding is cut and 100,000 govt workers hit the unemployment ranks? I wonder if that is something that has been kept behind closed doors, and is also influencing what cuts are proposed.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    On the flip side Franco, you come out and say without a doubt none of the republicans can win and list your reasons. You do it over and over. You are either the most negative person in the world or a Democrat in drag.
    Its called stating his opinion, and he's made it clear that's all it is. Isn't that the whole purpose of this forum?

(and he does it without a "hillary laugh"!!)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I would refine that statement to say "wasteful spending" needs to be eliminated and all overall spending needs to be reduced.
    Also , if we could reduce the number of overall programs by first looking at whether or not they are constitutionally authorized, we'd probably be surprised at how many programs we actually CAN get rid of, and not consider if they're run efficiently or not.

If you examined a justifiable program and found wasteful spending, wouldn't you want to get rid of it? Or is just a little bit of waste ok?

Brian, I'll go out on a limb and say I think we agree. ALL wasteful spending should be eliminated. Once that is done, there will be programs that some will want cut completely, even if run efficiently. We can argue those points until blue in the face....but I agree all reduncancy, fraud, etc...should be cut.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I want Obama replaced as much as anyone. It will be a daunting task and I'm not going to settle for a loser GOP candidate. Defeating Obama will not be easy but, the GOP could make it easy if they don't get a viable candidate in front of the people.

As I said earlier, I am currently leaning towards Huntsman or Romney.
    Romney can't win - he will get tagged with his MA HC package, & that will be one of the signature issues of the next campaign . Besides the fact that he looks too perfect!!!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

John Thune just announced he wont seek the presidency in 2012
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

John Thune just announced he wont seek the presidency in 2012
    Gov. Mitch Daniels is asking Indiana lawmakers to drop "Right To Work" legislation.

That makes him "toast" in the south!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.