The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: History Shows 2012 Could Be Tough for Obama

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    That depends on how the Madison affair plays out. It will be interesting to see. My guess is some type of compromise will be reached, both sides will claim victory, and go about business as usual.

If he gives into the union in any way that the tea party views as a failure.....he's done. Otherwise, his star is rising.
    I doubt he will cave in. At least, I hope not because if he does he will be a major disappointment.

In the big picture, any Tea Party affiliation will be a liability. What candidate in their right mind would wanted to be lumped in with Angle, O'Donnel, Bachman, Palin etc?
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I doubt he will cave in. At least, I hope not because if he does he will be a major disappointment.

In the big picture, any Tea Party affiliation will be a liability. What candidate in their right mind would wanted to be lumped in with Angle, O'Donnel, Bachman, Palin etc?
    There are 87 freshman republican Congressmen who might disagree with you on that one Franco. The Tea party is much more than those few names that you mentioned. Libs try to tarnish it with the people who lost their races, you seem to be buying into that. More of that "losing feeling" I guess? Watching a little too much MSNBC these days?
    Last edited by huntinman; 02-21-2011 at 04:51 PM.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Hey Franco, for the "most Conservative guy on POTUS"...you sound pretty light in the loafers lately... you switching sides?
    That's a new one - besides the constitution and the founding fathers, conservatives have now apparently laid claim to heterosexuality.

Not "most" but "traditional". You know, long before the GOP was hijacked!
    I know exactly what you mean. And I agree with your comment on 'who wants to be associated with the tea party', but I think you'd be surprised at the answer. Your comment on the hijacked GOP speaks to that one. At some point in this campaign, the real GOP candidate (whoever that turns out to be) I think will distinguish and identify himself by being the first to denounce Sarah Palin as speaking for the republican party....but without offending and driving off the tea party rank and file. IOW, lead them to the light that Sarah's brand of politics aint what's gonna get it done.

On the other topic, I don't think Scott will "cave" by any means either, but I think he will have to make some concession, as will the workers. How it is perceived will determine his future, IMO.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. And I agree with your comment on 'who wants to be associated with the tea party', but I think you'd be surprised at the answer. Your comment on the hijacked GOP speaks to that one. At some point in this campaign, the real GOP candidate (whoever that turns out to be) I think will distinguish and identify himself by being the first to denounce Sarah Palin as speaking for the republican party....but without offending and driving off the tea party rank and file. IOW, lead them to the light that Sarah's brand of politics aint what's gonna get it done.

On the other topic, I don't think Scott will "cave" by any means either, but I think he will have to make some concession, as will the workers. How it is perceived will determine his future, IMO.
    Completely disagree with both this strategy and your premise...everyone knows my thoughts on Palin ad nauseum...BUT the Republican Party needs the Palin backers, it cant win without her backers, as for her brand of politics, its what the Republican Party has lacked lately is some nerve and backbone...if there is one thing that the Tea Party is good at doing its to keep the RINO element from straying too far left..denouncing Palin is a sure fire way to get 4 more yrs of BHO
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    There are 87 freshman republican Congressmen who might disagree with you on that one Franco. The Tea party is much more than those few names that you mentioned. Libs try to tarnish it with the people who lost their races, you seem to be buying into that. More of that "losing feeling" I guess? Watching a little too much MSNBC these days?
    I don't watch MSNBC or thier counterpart Fox News. Unlike many, I don't need those idiots telling me what I should be thinking.

I watch either Headline News or BBC News(no commentary)!

That is when I'm not watching the Military Channel, History International, NFL Network or The Outdoor Channel

I don't even watch the local news. However, I do read the New Orleans paper as well as other publication on-line.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-21-2011 at 05:11 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Completely disagree with both this strategy and your premise...everyone knows my thoughts on Palin ad nauseum...BUT the Republican Party needs the Palin backers, it cant win without her backers, as for her brand of politics, its what the Republican Party has lacked lately is some nerve and backbone...if there is one thing that the Tea Party is good at doing its to keep the RINO element from straying too far left..denouncing Palin is a sure fire way to get 4 more yrs of BHO
    Someone posted a link to Fox News a while back that had a poll of Republicans on how they felt about Palin's chances as the GOP headliner in 2012. Over half the registered Republicans said they didn't or couldn't support her.

Instead of courting her small following, the GOP would be better served by going after the undecided. This is the group that will win or lose and election for any party. Her followers may be loud but there aren't enough of them to influence an election.

And, they way to go after them is to come up with a platform that serves this country economiclly and not one that wants to take us back to some fictional fairy tale land that never exsisted!
    Last edited by Franco; 02-21-2011 at 05:21 PM.

I don't watch MSNBC or thier counterpart Fox News. Unlike many, I don't need those idiots telling me what I should be thinking.

I watch either Headline News or BBC News(no commentary)!

That is when I'm not watching the Military Channel, History International, NFL Network or The Outdoor Channel

I don't even watch the local news. However, I do read the New Orleans paper as well as other publication on-line.
    and all this time I thought you were on LSU Freek.. Which I must admit is the most entertaining innovative fan based collegiate website I have ever seen, about as politically incorrect as it gets..
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    ..BUT the Republican Party needs the Palin backers, it cant win without her backers, as for her brand of politics, its what the Republican Party has lacked lately is some nerve and backbone..
    But who do you think is larger in number-- Palin backers....or moderate independent voters that went for Obama in '08? These same voters that put Obama in office will likely decide the next election also. Do you want to trade them away for the Palin crowd? I could be mistaken, but I don't think many of them will buy off on a Palin heavy platform.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

[COLOR=black]

My favorite use for the Picayune!!!

(Picked this up at a studio across from the Cornstalk Hotel. Notice the headline...painted the day the headlines came out about the Saints)