The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: History Shows 2012 Could Be Tough for Obama

While I agree that spending is out of control and needs to be reduced, I would refine that statement to say "wasteful spending" needs to be reduced. If we could reduce fraud and the lining of pockets, we'd probably be surprised at how many programs we actually CAN afford, if run efficiently.

Also, considering all the jobs (high paying middle-class jobs) that have been lost, and the huge number of underemployed, a far larger budget problem is loss of revenue.

What was the main difference between now, and the Clinton years of balanced budgets? We still had social programs, we still had teachers unions....but we had lots of people working, paying the same or slightly more taxes....and we had a budget surplus.

Its JOBS LOSS and NAFTA that put us in this hole. And wasteful spending to pile on.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I just wanted to say publically, from the perspective of a conservative.......and I think I speak for all of us.........what a releif to know that in these troubled times we don't have to worry, we have Franco and dnf guiding our Presidential nominee process.

I think we can all sleep better at night knowing we have their leadership.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I just wanted to say publically, from the perspective of a conservative.......and I think I speak for all of us.........what a releif to know that in these troubled times we don't have to worry, we have Franco and dnf guiding our Presidential nominee process.

I think we can all sleep better at night knowing we have their leadership.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RK
    That's par for the course for you. You can't articulate a point nor are you able to debate without gettung into some kind of childish dribble.

Brave words spoken over the internet!

You think you speak for people or conservatives on POTUS? How big of yourself to think so.

You have turned more threads into garbage than anyone here with your antics and personal insults. You may be good at intimidating the weaklings but MOST here see you for the blowhard you are.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    That's par for the course for you. You can't articulate a point nor are you able to debate without gettung into some kind of childish dribble.

Brave words spoken over the internet!

You think you speak for people or conservatives on POTUS? How big of yourself to think so.

You have turned more threads into garbage than anyone here with your antics and personal insults. You may be good at intimidating the weaklings but MOST here see you for the blowhard you are.
    On the flip side Franco, you come out and say without a doubt none of the republicans can win and list your reasons. You do it over and over. You are either the most negative person in the world or a Democrat in drag.
    Last edited by huntinman; 02-22-2011 at 07:16 AM.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    On the flip side Franco, you come out and say without a doubt none of the republicans can win and list your reasons. You do it over and over. You are either the most negative person in the world or a Democrat in drag.
    I want Obama replaced as much as anyone. It will be a daunting task and I'm not going to settle for a loser GOP candidate. Defeating Obama will not be easy but, the GOP could make it easy if they don't get a viable candidate in front of the people.

As I said earlier, I am currently leaning towards Huntsman or Romney.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    His problem is that almost no one knows who he is...
    Jmtc, but don't you think that's how BHO got elected?
    Almost no one knew who he was so Plough could market him as everything to everyone. Also he was able to skirt around his true agenda and folks didn't take his "transforming America" seriously.
    PBO won't have that advantage this time around though.

As far as a Mormon can't get elected, the same was said about Catholic Kennedy as well. I think the religious right "could" (& likely would) go for a bottomline " good man" if the only alternative is 4 more years of this assault on "a government of the past".
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Jmtc, but don't you think that's how BHO got elected? Almost no one knew who he was so Plough could market him as everything to everyone. Also he was able to skirt around his true agenda and folks didn't take his "transforming America" seriously.
    PBO won't have that advantage this time around though.

As far as a Mormon can't get elected, the same was said about Catholic Kennedy as well. I think the religious right "could" (& likely would) go for a bottomline " good man" if the only alternative is 4 more years of this assault on "a government of the past".
    Good point Brian, but look how well that's worked for us.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    That's par for the course for you. You can't articulate a point nor are you able to debate without gettung into some kind of childish dribble. (nothing personal, right??)
    Brave words spoken over the internet! Oh Ohhh, am I in trouble??

You have turned more threads into garbage than anyone here with your antics and personal insults. You may be good at intimidating the weaklings but MOST here see you for the blowhard (nothing personal, right??)you are.
    You "articulated that point" very well!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

It's always fun to make new friends.........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    While I agree that spending is out of control and needs to be reduced, I would refine that statement to say "wasteful spending" needs to be reduced. If we could reduce fraud and the lining of pockets, we'd probably be surprised at how many programs we actually CAN afford, if run efficiently.
    I would refine that statement to say "wasteful spending" needs to be eliminated and all overall spending needs to be reduced.
    Also , if we could reduce the number of overall programs by first looking at whether or not they are constitutionally authorized, we'd probably be surprised at how many programs we actually CAN get rid of, and not consider if they're run efficiently or not.

If you examined a justifiable program and found wasteful spending, wouldn't you want to get rid of it? Or is just a little bit of waste ok?
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791