The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Bar Stool Economics

  1. #11
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    What a priĘk.
    Whom are you referring?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  2. #12
    Senior Member BrianW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Athol, North Idaho
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Aren't Wi-Fi and lap tops great?
    They're great in that I can sit by the wood stove here at home and research/post but I can't afford $3+ a beer to do it from a bar.

    dnf, this professor's treatise was totally about individuals yet you turn reflexively to rail about corporate taxes. Then close by denying the whole premise.
    Was that #3 or #18? Or maybe #29?
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791
    ________________________________________
    Proud partner of (HR) WR SR Brian's 44Magnum Monster
    co-owned by HR Rianne's 2nd Chance Hurricane Rebel

  3. #13
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    They're great in that I can sit by the wood stove here at home and research/post but I can't afford $3+ a beer to do it from a bar.

    dnf, this professor's treatise was totally about individuals yet you turn reflexively to rail about corporate taxes. Then close by denying the whole premise.
    Was that #3 or #18? Or maybe #29?
    The allegory implied that taxing the rich will force them to move overseas. I just pointed out that corporate taxes (ie "the rich", since now we may consider corporations as individuals, according to the SCOTUS, remember?)
    are already at historic lows, and yet the exodus continues!! That IS the premise in question.

    I have no idea what numbers your referring to.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  4. #14
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    ....
    I have no idea what numbers your referring to.
    Really? Really?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  5. #15
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Really? Really?
    Oh, Hoosier's list. Yes, I PM'd him and thanked him for that.
    Except the part about personal insults, which are not a legitimate debate tactic, those were good guidelines and probably familiar, at least in usage, to most who engage in constructive debate or argumentation.

    If more would read and follow those, we'd have better discussions here!
    I see many here know and practice the evasion and diversion tactics very well!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  6. #16
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Oh, Hoosier's list. Yes, I PM'd him and thanked him for that.
    Except the part about personal insults, which are not a legitimate debate tactic, those were good guidelines and probably familiar, at least in usage, to most who engage in constructive debate or argumentation.

    If more would read and follow those, we'd have better discussions here!
    I see many here know and practice the evasion and diversion tactics very well!
    Whatever. You be sure and let know what your rules are.

    dnf's rules of order regards,
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 02-22-2011 at 10:32 AM.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  7. #17
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Whatever. You be sure and let know what your rules are.

    dnf's rules of order regards,
    How about we agree on ONE rule, and that is no more BS meaningless posts like this one? We can exchange childish jabs and insults, but each post must at least attempt to address the substance of the topic?

    Whadya say?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  8. #18
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    How about we agree on ONE rule, and that is no more BS meaningless posts like this one? We can exchange childish jabs and insults, but each post must at least attempt to address the substance of the topic?

    Whadya say?
    Whatever you say.

    You da man, regards
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    How about we agree on ONE rule, and that is no more BS meaningless posts like this one? We can exchange childish jabs and insults, but each post must at least attempt to address the substance of the topic?

    Whadya say?
    I'd put this in my sig line, but I'd probably be asked to remove that too...

    Oh, and just so I address something related to the topic: I like beer. Good enough?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •