The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Canada Health Care: Court Says Remove Breathing Tube

Default Canada Health Care: Court Says Remove Breathing Tube

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/02...ng-tube-place/#

The Canadian family of a 13-month-old boy clinging to life support has defied a court order to remove the boy’s breathing tube and now is looking to an American hospital for what experts say would be a miracle recovery.
    There is no explanation as to why the court has "demanded" that the breathing tube be removed.

The baby suffers from
    a neurodegenerative disease that doctors ruled leaves no hope for the boy.
    So, it appears that the family's wishes cannot supercede those of the doctors' opinion?

The family says removing the ventilator would promise an agonizing death for the boy. They asked that doctors at least perform a tracheotomy that would allow Joseph to die at home, but the Canadian hospital has refused.
    The Children's Hospital of Michigan agreed to look at Joseph's lengthy medical record and determine whether he's a candidate for transfer.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

oh my, would that be similar to a death panel? Come on now, why wouldn't you want your healthcare in the hands of bureaucrats?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/02...ng-tube-place/#

There is no explanation as to why the court has "demanded" that the breathing tube be removed.

The baby suffers from

So, it appears that the family's wishes cannot supercede those of the doctors' opinion?
    Wow that is truly sad. The Govt "pulling the plug" is sick, but then again certain administrations would claim is was a green inititive, or conservation to do it...

But then again "the beiber" says canada health care is great and America is Evil
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_823942.html

You guys are evil," he told the magazine, out on February 18th. "Canada's the best country in the world. We go to the doctor and we don't need to worry about paying him, but here, your whole life, you're broke because of medical bills. My bodyguard's baby was premature, and now he has to pay for it. In Canada, if your baby's premature, he stays in the hospital as long as he needs to, and then you go home."
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Apparently the party footing the bill has a pretty big say-so in medical decisions. Whouda thunkit?