The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dem Rep: "Time to get Bloody" So Much for Civility!

Default Dem Rep: "Time to get Bloody" So Much for Civility!

Dem lawmaker on labor protests: 'Get a little bloody when necessary'
    By Michael O'Brien - 02/23/11 07:57 AM ET

Sometimes it's necessary to get out on the streets and "get a little bloody," a Massachusetts Democrat said Tuesday in reference to labor battles in Wisconsin.

Rep. Michael Capuano (D-Mass.) fired up a group of union members in Boston with a speech urging them to work down in the trenches to fend off limits to workers' rights like those proposed in Wisconsin.

"Iím proud to be here with people who understand that itís more than just sending an email to get you going," Capuano said, according to the Dorchester Reporter. "Every once and awhile you need to get out on the streets and get a little bloody when necessary."

Political observers have been the lookout for potentially incendiary rhetoric in the wake of January's shooting in Tucson, Ariz., where Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D) survived an assassination attempt, six were killed, and 13 others were injured.

Political rhetoric has become especially heated in Madison, Wis., where Republican Gov. Scott Walker has proposed major labor reforms that sparked more than a week's worth of rowdy protests at the state capitol.

"We take security seriously, whether it's for me, the lieutenant governor and all 132 members of the state legislature, Democrats or Republicans alike, because there's a lot of passion down here," Walker said Tuesday on MSNBC about his safety in Wisconsin. "And particularly when we see people coming in being bussed in from other states, that's what worries us."

Capuano made his remarks before a crowd of union members in Boston, along with other members of the state's congressional delegation. Massachusetts has an influential union population that could loom large over the 2012 Senate race. Capuano is considering getting in that race to challenge Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) next fall.

ďThis is going to be a struggle at least for the next two years. Letís be serious about this. Theyíre not going to back down and weíre not going to back down. This is a struggle for the hearts and minds of America,Ē Capuano told union members.

Source:
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...when-necessary
    Bill Davis

That's a joke. I've been listening to many different news sources, and the one who talks about violence the most BY FAR is good ol' FoxNews! Its like they're hoping for it.

These protests have swelled far beyond anything the RWE ever imagined they would. They have garnered support not only from all 50 states, but from working class people from around the world. Truly amazing.

Now, through the actions of an unscrupulous reporter, we find that Gov. Scott has been lying through his teeth. This IS about busting unions, and it is a concerted effort. Something that he has denied repeatedly on record. At least the truth is out, about the Gov, and his plans. While that reporter was a weasel, he certainly outed another weasel, an enemy of the working men and women of this country.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    That's a joke. I've been listening to many different news sources, and the one who talks about violence the most BY FAR is good ol' FoxNews! Its like they're hoping for it.

These protests have swelled far beyond anything the RWE ever imagined they would. They have garnered support not only from all 50 states, but from working class people from around the world. Truly amazing.

Now, through the actions of an unscrupulous reporter, we find that Gov. Scott has been lying through his teeth. This IS about busting unions, and it is a concerted effort. Something that he has denied repeatedly on record. At least the truth is out, about the Gov, and his plans. While that reporter was a weasel, he certainly outed another weasel, an enemy of the working men and women of this country.
    OK, I'll bite tho I'm gonna regret it. Where did you hear this news flash?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Now, through the actions of an unscrupulous reporter, we find that Gov. This IS about busting unions, and it is a concerted effort. Something that he has denied repeatedly on record. At least the truth is out, about the Gov, and his plans. While that reporter was a weasel, he certainly outed another weasel, an enemy of the working men and women of this country.
    How many of the procedures you follow are financed by union HC plans?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I saw a poll on Good Morning America today that said 61% of Americans were against stripping workers of collective bargaining rights. Walker may have bitten off more than he can chew.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I saw a poll on Good Morning America today that said 61% of Americans were against stripping workers of collective bargaining rights. Walker may have bitten off more than he can chew.
    Strategic error. He should have just come out and said that under republican direction, we will dismantle unionized labor and collective bargaining in this country, through a multi-state effort of republican governors. Then it would have been open for discussion, which would have been lively, no doubt.

But now, his false veil of "caring about the budget" was stripped. (quite easily, by the way) when the facts of the situation came out. That his "budget crisis" was in fact created BY HIM and his tax cuts for the rich earlier this year. His lies were propagated even here, when were being told WI teachers are "near the top of the payscale"! That was easily debunked by simple cold numbers.

The phone call, which I admit was obtained via underhanded techniques, nonetheless exposed him and the plan for what it is, and severely damaged his credibility.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    How many of the procedures you follow are financed by union HC plans?
    What do you mean "follow"? I don't understand the question.

Considering the source, I can only assume its another personal attack upon my profession? I apologize if I'm wrong, and will try to answer what I think you're asking.

I can tell you that NOBODY pays over 60% of what I bill. We have one company that is union, and they do have nice coverage. I think they're only one who pays over half of what we charge. The largest empoloyer in this area is the health care industry, non union. The largest payor altogether is medicare/medicade.

Strategic error. He should have just come out and said that under republican direction, we will dismantle unionized labor and collective bargaining in this country, through a multi-state effort of republican governors. Then it would have been open for discussion, which would have been lively, no doubt.

But now, his false veil of "caring about the budget" was stripped. (quite easily, by the way) when the facts of the situation came out. That his "budget crisis" was in fact created BY HIM and his tax cuts for the rich earlier this year. His lies were propagated even here, when were being told WI teachers are "near the top of the payscale"! That was easily debunked by simple cold numbers.

The phone call, which I admit was obtained via underhanded techniques, nonetheless exposed him and the plan for what it is, and severely damaged his credibility.
    So, perhaps the Dem. Senatorsí ploy of delaying the vote on the bill has worked to some extent. It has given the public a chance to see what Walker is actually attempting to do in WI, and apparently, the majority do not approve. I donít know if the Dems will be able to stop it, but at the least, it will make people keenly aware that the same thing could happen in their state.

So, perhaps the Dem. Senatorsí ploy of delaying the vote on the bill has worked to some extent. It has given the public a chance to see what Walker is actually attempting to do in WI, and apparently, the majority do not approve. I donít know if the Dems will be able to stop it, but at the least, it will make people keenly aware that the same thing could happen in their state.
    The response from the other side was and still is funny. They were cowards running away from a fight? Something those big bad macho tough guy republicans would never do.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Read the fine print, that was a poll published by the AFL-CIO.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis