The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dem Rep: "Time to get Bloody" So Much for Civility!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    My rectal cancer recurrence rates, wound infection rates, post op DVT rates, and ostomy rates are all below the national average. (below being GOOD!) So yes, I am better than average.

I don't charge anything. My employer does. And its so damn complicated, I have no idea what they charge. All I know is at our monthly financial meetings, they show total billables, total reimbursements, and we usually hit around 28 cents collected for every dollar billed.
    What percentage of these are directly relative to your care? It seems like the patient has a lot to do with these; cause and effect is not 100% due to your care. They may be below the national average but what about the local average? You're still in business, so you inflate your rates to cover the deadbeats. Why don't you charge the correct amounts and go after the deadbeats? Why should I pay for four procedures when I've only had one? If I had my vet do the same procedure on my dog it would be 10% of what you charge. Granted, facilities and malpractice account for a lot of the difference but 10 times?

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    What percentage of these are directly relative to your care? It seems like the patient has a lot to do with these; cause and effect is not 100% due to your care. They may be below the national average but what about the local average? You're still in business, so you inflate your rates to cover the deadbeats. Why don't you charge the correct amounts and go after the deadbeats? Why should I pay for four procedures when I've only had one? If I had my vet do the same procedure on my dog it would be 10% of what you charge. Granted, facilities and malpractice account for a lot of the difference but 10 times?
    PM sent. Just don't want to clutter the thread with off topic
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!