The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin governor duped in prank call, reveals union fight strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Next time you see a police officer or a fireman tell then that.
    I have. What do you think, policeman and firemen are special? They chose their profession like everybody else. Don't go placing them higher or more worthy than any other public sector worker.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    I have. What do you think, policeman and firemen are special? They chose their profession like everybody else. Don't go placing them higher or more worthy than any other public sector worker.
    I don't. If you noted my earlier post, I said everyone should sacrifice equally, including the police & fire fighters unions. However, I don't believe any of them should give up collective bargaining. I just don't think many people would want to confront a police officer with that. Maybe I'm wrong.

Why don't you try dealing with what police deal with everyday, or go to a slain officers funeral, or run into a burning building to look for survivors...then tell me they're not any "higher" than any other PSW.

Call me old fashioned, but people who risk their lives to serve the public are a little higher than those who risk papercuts from 9 to 5.

What do you do anyway? We've all participated in the thread about what we do, or what we used to do....you kept quiet. Are you even employed?

Just asking.

I found it very interesting, and found lots of respect for many here, and their pursuits. Lots of successful folks around here.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Why don't you try dealing with what police deal with everyday, or go to a slain officers funeral, or run into a burning building to look for survivors...then tell me they're not any "higher" than any other PSW.

Call me old fashioned, but people who risk their lives to serve the public are a little higher than those who risk papercuts from 9 to 5.

What do you do anyway? We've all participated in the thread about what we do, or what we used to do....you kept quiet. Are you even employed?

Just asking.

I found it very interesting, and found lots of respect for many here, and their pursuits. Lots of successful folks around here.
    I don't answer to you Mr. High and Mighty.

If you would read my posts instead of cutting and pasting (ala my Chevy Volt thread) you would know what I do and my educational background.

I know most police and fireman don't think of themselves as special or heroes. The idolization of these two professions didn't come about until the twin towers fell and the mainstream media made a big deal about the NYFD. Before then police were pigs and cops and treated with disrespect.

Unlike you, who Google searches everything and has second hand, third hand, and God knows how much further hand information, I know of what I speak. I'm the son of a retired Chicago policeman (1958-1988) and I grew up in the Mount Greenwood neighborhood, home of Chicago police and fireman and other city workers. And that neighborhood is the same as it was when I was growing up because of the decency and values of the residents.

Now why don't you be a good boy and go back to sticking your head up some butts.

I don't answer to you Mr. High and Mighty.

If you would read my posts instead of cutting and pasting (ala my Chevy Volt thread) you would know what I do and my educational background.

I
    Just like I thought. Unemployed.

I gotta get back to work and earn your unemployment check for you.

Have a nice day. Its on me and the others who WORK on this list.

Search turned up nothing by the way.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

The idolization of these two professions didn't come about until the twin towers fell and the mainstream media made a big deal about the NYFD. Before then police were pigs and cops and treated with disrespect.

I seem to remember police and firemen having patrol units with lights flashing and fire engines lined up for blocks and blocks for their ceremonies.......even before 9-11.

I won't speak for others, but I think you'll probably find yourself all alone in those sentiments.

Just curious, what do you think about our troops?

DNF, once again with the I, I, I.

It's not all about you! Yardley was smart to disassociate himself from you! How does my being unemployed in Michigan affect you in Pennsylvania?

Once again, you've shown yourself to be a bitter little man who reverts back to insulting and belittling those with whom you disagree. If anything, with your last two posts, you are the one who is looking like a fool!

DNF, once again with the I, I, I.

It's not all about you! Yardley was smart to disassociate himself from you! How does my being unemployed in Michigan affect you in Pennsylvania?

Once again, you've shown yourself to be a bitter little man who reverts back to insulting and belittling those with whom you disagree. If anything, with your last two posts, you are the one who is looking like a fool!
    Because you're a leech on society, that we ALL pay for. Why don't you sell your computer and drop your internet service, buy a suit, and go look for a job instead of ejaculating your insults on the web?

I said I admire the folks here on POTUS for being successful entrepreneurs, business owners, or whatever. I admire all except ONE.

Make that my last THREE posts, including this one. You're so pathetic, you have the nerve to make fun of another's job, while you sit at home and eat government cheese. I hope you send Obama a "thank you" card for that!

Because you're a leech on society, that we ALL pay for. Why don't you sell your computer and drop your internet service, buy a suit, and go look for a job instead of ejaculating your insults on the web?

I said I admire the folks here on POTUS for being successful entrepreneurs, business owners, or whatever. I admire all except ONE.

Make that my last THREE posts, including this one. You're so pathetic, you have the nerve to make fun of another's job, while you sit at home and eat government cheese. I hope you send Obama a "thank you" card for that!
    I'm so happy that I've gotten under your skin. I laugh when I imagine you sitting at your computer, with your head about to explode, all red-faced and bloviating over the likes of little 'ole me. Wake up! I'm nothing more than packets of data appearing on your monitor. I'm not real! Not to you, anyway. And to think that you're the doctor! Ha ha ha!

Just asking.

Really???

Does this apply to military service as well??

Just askin'..............

RK
    Stan b & Elvis