The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: How are you 'guessing'?

Default How are you 'guessing'?

Are you suspicious of a 'shutdown' happening this week?

Eric Erickson of the Daily Events publication has this to say:

The media in Washington is buzzing about a government shutdown. Only the media is blaming the Republicans. In reality, like in both Wisconsin and Indiana, it is the Democrats who are fleeing responsibility. The situation is getting so out of hand, I expect National Geographic to do a documentary on the migratory patterns of fleeing Democrat legislators.

Because of 1995 and because of the Tea Party movement's desire to cut spending, the media would have us all believe it is the Republicans who want a shutdown. That is just not the case. The Washington GOP is fearful of a repeat of 1995. The Democrats, on the other hand, want a repeat of 1995.

Democrats view 1995 as the moment Bill Clinton found his voice and started fighting back. They want that for Barack Obama. Never mind that Obama is no Clinton.
    Erick Erickson

This is bound to be one of the most interesting weeks in USA history.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

They are playing a dangerous game of "political chicken", I hope that the voting public remembers those responsible if they do shut it down..We need to hold our elected officials responsible and accountable for their actions as well as their for them failing to do their jobs
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    They are playing a dangerous game of "political chicken",
    So what is the "dangerous" part, in your view?

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." Mark Twain
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    So what is the "dangerous" part, in your view?

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." Mark Twain

the Republican party is on the verge of taking back the Senate and could darn well take back the Presidency too, I would hate to see them gamble on the political capital they have accumulated and overplay their hand..Who benefits from a shut down...answer... no one
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

A point made in a NY Times editorial ... why are we at this shutdown crisis? Because the Congress did not do their job on passing an appropriations bill last year.

Who would have been responsible for failing to pass an appropriations bill before these new freshman Congresspeople ever got to Washington?

The editorial made that point, but still blamed the freshmen for refusing to "cooperate" ... uh ...
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.