Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Voting Someone Off POTUS

Just added a second one!
    Not anyone who posted on this thread...
    Yet.

who are you guys ignorin'?
    what did I miss?

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

One always has the option of voting themselves out. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    who are you guys ignorin'?
    what did I miss?

PM sent.......
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Wink

Thank you all for the p.m.ís.
    I am still unsure exactly whom I should and then of course should not ignore.
    Is there any way somebody could build a web page evaluating our fellow POTUS posters?
    Accurately analyzing their performance at shoveling it out or scooping it up.
    So Iíll know if I should post under them or not.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Thank you all for the p.m.’s.
    I am still unsure exactly whom I should and then of course should not ignore.
    Is there any way somebody could build a web page evaluating our fellow POTUS posters?
    Accurately analyzing their performance at shoveling it out or scooping it up.
    So I’ll know if I should post under them or not.

I don't think anyone really wants to ignore anyone else.

But when a poster consistantly gets personal.....I guess people have to do something to avoid getting caught up in the personal type exchanges.
    I mean it always does a little, and is usually forgiven.
    I have done it (I admit it)it was my fault, I decided to do it.
    I also let stuff go sometimes as I know where it is going.
    Some just simply cannot excercise that kind of control!!!
    I enjoy everyone's posts for the most part....as I am sure you all get my humor!!!!!

If I feel I have crossed the line, I have reached out via pm and apologized or at least tried to mend fences.
    Most cases it has helped.
    Some never responded.

It will ease up a little when those of us who train dogs and run tests or trails can get out and get started!!!!!!!!!!

stan b
    Last edited by road kill; 03-01-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

The first four original contributors to this thread have been guilty of more personal attacks than the rest of all of POTUS combined. I have ignored this, because frankly I don't care, and have largely ignored the personal crap ever since it got Gibson canned.

But when the same four who are the largest offenders of personal attacks then accuse others (wonder who?) of the same, its really ridiculous.

I have noticed recently, that despite my successful effor not to name call, I have been under increasing attacks for asking for references or citations when claims were made that were questioned. OTOH, I have been told to stick my head up someone's a$$, because that's "what I do". So for the person who said that to then whine about things here, tells me that they can dish it out......but sure can't take it. The majority of us here get along fine, despite disagreeing quite often. I only have "issues" with the first four on this thread. Maybe if TWO things happened here, we could all get along.

1) try our best to limit comments to subject matter or opinions of the matter, and not of each other or professions, and limit name-calling and personal attacks.

2) not be so sensitive when someone disagrees with your views

I was sad to see Gibson go, and have since joined his photo page on FB. While I thought he could be an arse sometimes, who among us doesn't have their moments? But the truth is, I nor anyone else, prompted his departure. His OWN actions or lack of actions resulted in his leaving. He was not voted out, or petitioned to leave....other than by the one person who counts, when he broke the simple rules.

I hope I have not offended anyone with this post.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

So.....
    was I the only one to just scrollll up to the top to see who those first 4 are??

So.....
    was I the only one to just scrollll up to the top to see who those first 4 are??

HUH??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    HUH??

RK
    lol.......dnf must be on rk's ignore list. come on, are you guys talking about dnf, roger, or someone else. just say it. y'all are being more ambiguous than the politicians we love to crucify on this board.
    find me on the web