The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Voting Someone Off POTUS

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    So.....
    was I the only one to just scrollll up to the top to see who those first 4 are??

You just made me do it. Heck, I'm one of 'em.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

MK: Buzz, RP and dnf will straighten you out in short order.

jb504: lol...ahhh yes, I'm sure they will. I'm sure they are combing their copies of "Rules for Radicals" as we speak....lol, jk

M&K: May I politely ask why, if I am on ignore as you proclaimed as the first responder on this thread, and wanted to "vote me off" POTUS, do you continue to constantly invoke my name and others in your posts? Does this sound a little like double-speak?You say you don't want to have anything to do with me, yet you keep bringing me up?

And then someone said I remind them of Charlie Sheen?? (I didn't realize I knew anyone that well here!!!)

Anyway, I just wanted to share those posts on this thread, since it seems to address that precise behavior.

Have a nice day, all. I hope I didn't offend anyone with this. This is kinda fun.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    MK: Buzz, RP and dnf will straighten you out in short order.

jb504: lol...ahhh yes, I'm sure they will. I'm sure they are combing their copies of "Rules for Radicals" as we speak....lol, jk

M&K: May I politely ask why, if I am on ignore as you proclaimed as the first responder on this thread, and wanted to "vote me off" POTUS, do you continue to constantly invoke my name and others in your posts? Does this sound a little like double-speak?You say you don't want to have anything to do with me, yet you keep bringing me up?

And then someone said I remind them of Charlie Sheen?? (I didn't realize I knew anyone that well here!!!)

Anyway, I just wanted to share those posts on this thread, since it seems to address that precise behavior.

Have a nice day, all. I hope I didn't offend anyone with this. This is kinda fun.
    [B[/B]

BTW, Just curius about what you think of Alinsky....and if you see any manifestations of his ideas in society today?

Quote Originally Posted by jb504079 View Post
    [B[/B]

BTW, Just curius about what you think of Alinsky....and if you see any manifestations of his ideas in society today?
    Well, let me respond carefully, as I do not want to offend anyone.

I am currently reading Guns, Germs, and Steel, about the evolution of human civilization, and don't have time to pick up another book at the moment.

Given you have already jumped on the wagon of presumption to know how me and a few others think and feel about all matters, pardon me if I don't take your assessment of Mr. Alinsky as gospel! No offense, but you sound rather passionate and somewhat biased towards the right. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I know both ends of the political spectrum have their radicals, and those extremes are often showcased by the other side in an effort to say, "See how crazy the other side is??!!" and I suspect this falls in that category. Without reading his writings, I will refrain from further comment.

Hopefully neither of us will be assailed for hijacking this otherwise wonderful thread.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Well, let me respond carefully, as I do not want to offend anyone.

I am currently reading Guns, Germs, and Steel, about the evolution of human civilization, and don't have time to pick up another book at the moment.

Given you have already jumped on the wagon of presumption to know how me and a few others think and feel about all matters, pardon me if I don't take your assessment of Mr. Alinsky as gospel! No offense, but you sound rather passionate and somewhat biased towards the right. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I know both ends of the political spectrum have their radicals, and those extremes are often showcased by the other side in an effort to say, "See how crazy the other side is??!!" and I suspect this falls in that category. Without reading his writings, I will refrain from further comment.

Hopefully neither of us will be assailed for hijacking this otherwise wonderful thread.
    A simple, "I'm not familiar with Alinsky" would have sufficed.

No correction is needed dear friend, I am certainly passionate about being Conservative, and I won't make any apology for it. I simply wished to know your thoughts on Alinsky. But like so many other liberals I have attemted to actually engage in a real discussion, they seem to know little to nothing about some pretty important issues. Sure, we all choose our interests, what books we read, who we study, things like that....but Saul Alinsky is pretty influential in the modern day politic. Especially when we have a former Community Organizer as a President. Wouldn't you agree?

You would be shocked at the number of liberals who haven't even read Obama's own books, which actually reveal much about who he is. But hey, if you havent read Alinsky, and you are a liberal, I won't encourage you to read it. It may inspire you, and IMHO, we don't need anymore Community Agitators out there.

Quote Originally Posted by jb504079 View Post
    A simple, "I'm not familiar with Alinsky" would have sufficed.

No correction is needed dear friend, I am certainly passionate about being Conservative, and I won't make any apology for it. I simply wished to know your thoughts on Alinsky. But like so many other liberals I have attemted to actually engage in a real discussion, they seem to know little to nothing about some pretty important issues. Sure, we all choose our interests, what books we read, who we study, things like that....but Saul Alinsky is pretty influential in the modern day politic. Especially when we have a former Community Organizer as a President. Wouldn't you agree?

You would be shocked at the number of liberals who haven't even read Obama's own books, which actually reveal much about who he is. But hey, if you havent read Alinsky, and you are a liberal, I won't encourage you to read it. It may inspire you, and IMHO, we don't need anymore Community Agitators out there.
    Self annointed Conservative Alert!!!

Making assumptions about people on POTUS he doesn't know anything about.

And, Obama has never written a book in his life. The "Dreams Of My Father" was written for Obama by his buddy Ayers. Obama struggled with English in school and is one of the reasons his transcripts have never been made public.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Self annointed Conservative Alert!!!

Making assumptions about people on POTUS he doesn't know anything about.

And, Obama has never written a book in his life. The "Dreams Of My Father" was written for Obama by his buddy Ayers. Obama struggled with English in school and is one of the reasons his transcripts have never been made public.
    Speaking of making assumptions...
    He could have been lurking here before he joined, or he could have gone back and read old posts.
    Or are you one of those guys who feels someone needs to have at least 200 posts before they can join the fun?

You're right about Ayers. He admitted it on a radio show a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    Speaking of making assumptions...
    He could have been lurking here before he joined, or he could have gone back and read old posts.
    Or are you one of those guys who feels someone needs to have at least 200 posts before they can join the fun?

You're right about Ayers. He admitted it on a radio show a while back.
    I'm just freakin tired of all the childish attacks on POTUS!!!

Write what you mean, mean what you say and be prepared to back it up is they way it should be.

Those that can't back it up resort to childish name calling.
    Last edited by Franco; 03-01-2011 at 03:30 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I'm just freakin tired of all the childish attacks on POTUS!!!

Write what you mean, mean what you say and be prepared to back it up is they way it should be.

Those that can't back it up resort to childish name calling.
    I dislike, make that hate LSU and Les Miles and will pull for them to get beat every chance I get, and with the exception of Drew Brees and Sean Payton I hate the Saints..

I wrote it and I mean it...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

I dislike, make that hate LSU and Les Miles and will pull for them to get beat every chance I get, and with the exception of Drew Brees and Sean Payton I hate the Saints..

I wrote it and I mean it...

Both of those teams will win it all next season!!! AGAIN!

One can make fun of me or my politics but, when it comes to my Labs and football teams, those be fighting words!

Cowboys can only dream of having the Payton/Brees winning combo and though LSU plays in the toughest division of the toughest conference in the land, just watch what they do next season.
    Last edited by Franco; 03-01-2011 at 04:12 PM.