The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Good for Gates

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Unfortunately yes I do. I felt and still feel McCain/Palin were more incompetent than the alternative. Do you have any idea how many times McCain flip floped on issues?????? http://thinkprogress.org/mccain-flip-flops/

Ever heard any Palin interviews?????????????

And you think these 2 together were qualified to run our Country??????? In 2009 we were on the verge of going into a depression. Thankfully we never made it that far. If Palin had any say in how things were to be run we would be smack dab in the middle of another war now with the goings on in the Middle East.

I think the only reason Bush and Cheney were not impeached was because of who was next in line (Nancy Pelosi) for the Presidency.

Here is more that I just came across. It seems McCain's economic advisor was architect of the Democrats Stimilus plan which McCain would have most likely followed his advise.

Economist predicts GOP cuts would cost 700,000 jobs

A report by economist Mark Zandi from Moody’s says that Republicans’ plan to cut spending would cost 700,000 jobs through 2012, the Washington Post reports.
    Republicans, however, are pushing back, trying to discredit Zandi (who was an economic adviser to John McCain's campaign), calling him the "chief architect" of the stimulus.
    "When considering the latest study from Mark Zandi on the GOP’s efforts to rein in government spending, let’s not forget that he was the chief architect of the Democrats’ failed stimulus plan," wrote Brian Patrick, a spokesman for Majority Leader Eric Cantor. "Even as unemployment climbed into the double digits, Mr. Zandi continued to defend this failed policy. It shouldn’t come as a surprise that he would come out against the GOP’s common-sense efforts to put an end to more stimulus-style spending."
    Tell us, Roger, which of Obama's fiscal policies are most attractive to you??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Tell us, Roger, which of Obama's fiscal policies are most attractive to you??

RK
    RK, I never said Obama was the answer. However the Republicans did not have the answer either. As Obama was entering his first days of the Presidency the economy was not in very good shape and was on a steady decline.

My favorite fiscal policy that are most attractive is he did not let the Country slide into a Depression like there was in the 30's which was a good possibility of that happening. Our economy was hanging by a thread.

I think he did the best he could with what he had to work with.If he had been left with a balanced budget like Bush inherited and screwed up the economy I would be the first to jump on him. Unfortunately we will never know what our country would be like now if that had happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    RK, I never said Obama was the answer. However the Republicans did not have the answer either. As Obama was entering his first days of the Presidency the economy was not in very good shape and was on a steady decline.

My favorite fiscal policy that are most attractive is he did not let the Country slide into a Depression like there was in the 30's which was a good possibility of that happening. Our economy was hanging by a thread.

I think he did the best he could with what he had to work with.If he had been left with a balanced budget like Bush inherited and screwed up the economy I would be the first to jump on him. Unfortunately we will never know what our country would be like now if that had happened.
    Two years later it is still hanging by that thread.

If they had let the cards fall where they should, it may have been painful but it would have taught a lot of people needed lessons. Including small investors and Wall St. beacuse the bandaide expensive solution was politically cowardly.

I know Wall St wrote the laws in the 90's that allowed them to steal but, we should have prosecuted them and not given them more money!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Two years later it is still hanging by that thread.

If they had let the cards fall where they should, it may have been painful but it would have taught a lot of people needed lessons. Including small investors and Wall St. beacuse the bandaide expensive solution was politically cowardly.

I know Wall St wrote the laws in the 90's that allowed them to steal but, we should have prosecuted them and not given them more money!
    You are absolutely correct!
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com