The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How's that "new civility" treating you?

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Really.....why don't you explain what they are??????

Standing by........

RK
    Thom Hartmann, who is as liberal as you can get, expressed the notion of both disgruntled republicans and democrats joining the tea party to force gov't to reel in spending, and get out of American's private business. Both are against most of the Patriot Act provisions, as you just mentioned in a recent thread.

But when people are bringing AR-15s to political rallies, wouldn't you say that's a little extreme? Comments that Obama has a "deep seated hatred for white people" and all the name calling that goes on? Just look at this forum. Of course extremism won't be seen by those wearing it, so what's the use? Those are highly alienating behaviors that just further polarize the political distribution of our country.

This past week, there were upwards of 70,000 pro-worker protestors in Madison. Scores of thousands at other cities showing solidarity with the workers. All were peaceful. Yet if you listen to Fox or any right wing propaganda venue, you would think we were on the verge of a Libyan-style melee on the streets. The one guy who admittedly wasn't the best-spoken (fox lies, fox lies) was shown ad nauseam as if he represented the multitudes of protestors. If this were the case, there would be hundreds of film loops to choose from, yet we just keep seeing and hearing about this ONE?

The right-wing media has gone far out of its way to portray the pro-worker rallies as dangerous, on the verge of violence, and extremism. I know Beck is praying every night for some violence to strike, so he can go running crying "I told you so I told you so!!" This is sad.

Let the flames begin.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Thom Hartmann, who is as liberal as you can get, expressed the notion of both disgruntled republicans and democrats joining the tea party to force gov't to reel in spending, and get out of American's private business. Both are against most of the Patriot Act provisions, as you just mentioned in a recent thread.

But when people are bringing AR-15s to political rallies, wouldn't you say that's a little extreme? Comments that Obama has a "deep seated hatred for white people" and all the name calling that goes on? Just look at this forum. Of course extremism won't be seen by those wearing it, so what's the use? Those are highly alienating behaviors that just further polarize the political distribution of our country.

This past week, there were upwards of 70,000 pro-worker protestors in Madison. Scores of thousands at other cities showing solidarity with the workers. All were peaceful. Yet if you listen to Fox or any right wing propaganda venue, you would think we were on the verge of a Libyan-style melee on the streets. The one guy who admittedly wasn't the best-spoken (fox lies, fox lies) was shown ad nauseam as if he represented the multitudes of protestors. If this were the case, there would be hundreds of film loops to choose from, yet we just keep seeing and hearing about this ONE?

The right-wing media has gone far out of its way to portray the pro-worker rallies as dangerous, on the verge of violence, and extremism. I know Beck is praying every night for some violence to strike, so he can go running crying "I told you so I told you so!!" This is sad.

Let the flames begin.
    I ask you to explain to us all what the "core beliefs" (your reference) of the Tea Party are??

Please do?

Standing by.........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I ask you to explain to us all what the "core beliefs" (your reference) of the Tea Party are??

Please do?

Standing by.........

RK

to force gov't to reel in spending, and get out of American's private business.

There's two, for starters.

I made them big and bold, since apparently you missed them the first time around.
    Got a problem with those?

Standing by....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Let the flames begin.
    You are lost so far out in LEFT FIELD, this isn't even worthy of a response...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You are lost so far out in LEFT FIELD, this isn't even worthy of a response...
    Well, that's good. Because YOU DIDN'T GIVE A RESPONSE.
    I gave examples, twice. All I got in return were empty snipes. Guess ya got nothing to argue?

How about giving an example of what your talking about? Is curtailing gov't spending a far left notion to you? (wouldn't surprise me, the way the republicans conduct themselves! )

Why all the one line insults? why no substance?

Once again......

Well, that's good. Because YOU DIDN'T GIVE A RESPONSE.
    I gave examples, twice. All I got in return were empty snipes. Guess ya got nothing to argue?

How about giving an example of what your talking about? Is curtailing gov't spending a far left notion to you? (wouldn't surprise me, the way the republicans conduct themselves! )

Why all the one line insults? why no substance?

Once again......
    RK asked you twice what the Tea Party's core beliefs are and you respond with some leftist's notion of why people join the Tea Party. Then you get all pissy because you can't understand the question. You're the problem here.

Why the insults? Why no substance? Simple, either look within or look in a mirror. Notice how the word "I" doesn't appear in my post? You can learn from that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    RK asked you twice what the Tea Party's core beliefs are and you respond with some leftist's notion of why people join the Tea Party. Then you get all pissy because you can't understand the question. You're the problem here.

Why the insults? Why no substance? Simple, either look within or look in a mirror. Notice how the word "I" doesn't appear in my post? You can learn from that as well.
    Reducing federal spending is a leftist notion??? Getting gov't out of our private business is a leftist notion???

You are so set on fighting, you contradict yourself at the drop of a hat!

FYI, this is cut and pasted directly from the teaparty.net website:

Our mission is based on the U.S. Constitution's original principles and not on any political party platform. We must return the United States to the States and the people as spelled out in the U.S. Constitution. The U.S. Constitution was written by our founders to limit the powers of the federal government, instead, giving the power to the people and the States.

As a committed group of ordinary Americans, we will achieve this by promoting candidates who commit to the original founding principles of the U.S. Constitution of limited federal government, states' rights, balanced budgets, individual liberty, freedom and personal responsibility.

The reason "I" doesn't appear in your posts, is that you don't think for youself, so nothing is first-person!!! You're too busy telling others what they think and feel. (see the red) Erroneously, by the way.

Believe it or not, there are independents and even some liberals who agree with the tea party fundamental beliefs. These core beliefs have been hijacked by radicals however, and have driven most non-conservatives away. A shame really, as they have some good core principles.

Really.....why don't you explain what they are??????

Standing by........

RK
    Thom Hartmann, who is as liberal as you can get, expressed the notion of both disgruntled republicans and democrats joining the tea party to force gov't to reel in spending, and get out of American's private business.

Please do?

Standing by.........

RK
    to force gov't to reel in spending, and get out of American's private business.

There's two, for starters.

I made them big and bold, since apparently you missed them the first time around.
    Got a problem with those?

Standing by....
    DNF, read these quotes in the order they appeared and you'll see that you haven't answered RK's question. You think you have, but you haven't.

This is worthy of it's own thread.......

Anyone notice what a bunch of immature name calling crybabies the Dems are now that some have the balls to say NO to them?

They are simply not accustomed to not getting their way on everything.
    They never give up anything.
    There is never a compromise on their side.
    It's been a free ride.
    It's over..........

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 02-28-2011 at 05:53 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Anyone interested in reading the actual Tea Party Platform?

https://teaparty-centrists.com/Platforms.html

Some of it is good as some of it is bad

And yes, they are calling for a state sponsored religion and impeachment of SCOTUS they disagree with.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-28-2011 at 06:52 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.