The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: How's that "new civility" treating you?

  1. #21
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Anyone interested in reading the actual Tea Party Platform?

    https://teaparty-centrists.com/Platforms.html

    Some of it is good as some of it is bad
    There are many different Tea Party organizations Franco. So, that is the actual platform for that particular organization, not all of them... my 2 cents...
    Bill Davis

  2. #22
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    There are many different Tea Party organizations Franco. So, that is the actual platform for that particular organization, not all of them... my 2 cents...
    Exactly. And the one he linked doesn't even call itself the Teaparty party...they call themselves the Teaparty-Centrists. The Teaparty-Centrist platform in the link is coo-coo for cocoapuffs and doesn't much resemble what I understand the Teaparty beliefs to be.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

  3. #23
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,586

    Default

    Tea Party Patriots Mission Statement and Core Values


    Mission Statement
    The impetus for the Tea Party movement is excessive government spending and taxation. Our mission is to attract, educate, organize, and mobilize our fellow citizens to secure public policy consistent with our three core values of Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government and Free Markets.


    Core Values
    Fiscal Responsibility
    Constitutionally Limited Government
    Free Markets


    Fiscal Responsibility
    Fiscal Responsibility by government honors and respects the freedom of the individual to spend the money that is the fruit of their own labor. A constitutionally limited government, designed to protect the blessings of liberty, must be fiscally responsible or it must subject its citizenry to high levels of taxation that unjustly restrict the liberty our Constitution was designed to protect. Such runaway deficit spending as we now see in Washington D.C. compels us to take action as the increasing national debt is a grave threat to our national sovereignty and the personal and economic liberty of future generations.

    Constitutionally Limited Government
    We, the members of The Tea Party Patriots, are inspired by our founding documents and regard the Constitution of the United States to be the supreme law of the land. We believe that it is possible to know the original intent of the government our founders set forth, and stand in support of that intent. Like the founders, we support states' rights for those powers not expressly stated in the Constitution. As the government is of the people, by the people and for the people, in all other matters we support the personal liberty of the individual, within the rule of law.

    Free Markets
    A free market is the economic consequence of personal liberty. The founders believed that personal and economic freedom were indivisible, as do we. Our current government's interference distorts the free market and inhibits the pursuit of individual and economic liberty. Therefore, we support a return to the free market principles on which this nation was founded and oppose government intervention into the operations of private business.


    Our Philosophy
    Tea Party Patriots, Inc. as an organization believes in the Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government, and Free Markets. Tea Party Patriots, Inc. is a non-partisan grassroots organization of individuals united by our core values derived from the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution of the United States of America, the Bill Of Rights as explained in the Federalist Papers. We recognize and support the strength of grassroots organization powered by activism and civic responsibility at a local level. We hold that the United States is a republic conceived by its architects as a nation whose people were granted "unalienable rights" by our Creator. Chiefly among these are the rights to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." The Tea Party Patriots stand with our founders, as heirs to the republic, to claim our rights and duties which preserve their legacy and our own. We hold, as did the founders, that there exists an inherent benefit to our country when private property and prosperity are secured by natural law and the rights of the individual. As an organization we do not take stances on social issues. We urge members to engage fully on the social issues they consider important and aligned with their beliefs.
    __________________________________________________ __

    Not that hard to find.........


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #24
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,520

    Default

    excuse the typing as i only have use of one arm.

    how are folks suppose to know which is the real tea party with so many factions of it out there?

    usually when one google's a topic the most popular links shows at the top of the page and that is what i posted.

    i thought it to be odd that this group of tea partiers wants ron paul removed from office.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  5. #25
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,752

    Default

    When you see Centrists or middle of the road in the name... that should raise a red flag. As the most traditional conservative on POTUS, Franco, you should have been able to see through that. But sometimes I think you play for both teams... Are you a switch hitter? (Politically speaking of course)
    Bill Davis

  6. #26
    Senior Member BrianW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Athol, North Idaho
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Of course extremism won't be seen by those wearing it, so what's the use? Those are highly alienating behaviors that just further polarize the political distribution of our country.

    This past week, there were upwards of 70,000 pro-worker protestors in Madison. Scores of thousands at other cities showing solidarity with the workers. All were peaceful. Yet if you listen to Fox or any right wing propaganda venue, you would think we were on the verge of a Libyan-style melee on the streets. The one guy who admittedly wasn't the best-spoken (fox lies, fox lies) was shown ad nauseam as if he represented the multitudes of protestors. If this were the case, there would be hundreds of film loops to choose from, yet we just keep seeing and hearing about this ONE?

    The right-wing media has gone far out of its way to portray the pro-worker rallies as dangerous, on the verge of violence, and extremism. I know Beck is praying every night for some violence to strike, so he can go running crying "I told you so I told you so!!" This is sad.

    Let the flames begin.
    First, there is "extremism" going on on both sides. 70,000 (your number) out of 5,654,774 WI residents (2009 US Census estimate) is extremism - an extreme minority, (.01237 by my calculator) Are they supposed to rule just because they're camping out in the Capitol, defying the State Police order to leave? We had reports that to 100,000 at a time were in Cairo out of over 77 million Egyptians, an even lesser percentage, but apparently that's enough to overturn a country. So it is any wonder that people, who were on the majority side of legally uncontested election results, now fear for their liberty? The results were clear, the People of WI spoke, with their peaceful voice, through the ballot box. Since when does PA, CA, NY, NV etc have the right to overturn the results of another state's election?
    This is an attempt at mob rule, a small one but still a mob, with anarchy at it's roots attempting to grow & blossom.
    If they do, then the government IS out of control. If that's not "dangerous" & "extremist", than what really is?

    As far as your statement about the RWM going out of it's way, the LWM went out of it's way to portray the "Tea Partiers" as racist, homophobic, sexist. bigoted, stuck in the past zealots. Hell, even the President used the sexual perjorative "tea baggers" to describe those law abiding citizens who oppose his plans.
    Guess it's just too bad when the same labels are applied to the other side now, and justifiably so..

    But for you to presume to know what's in Beck's heart as he prays is really sad as well. Unless you've changed your listening/viewing habits from your past statements here, you don't even know what he says in public, much less in his heart.
    Because I guess you missed last Friday's TV show, where he closed with: "It's time to give in America. Give in to the power of love. Give in to the loving power of God & Jesus." I guess you've missed all the times on the radio show where he's stated "Don't give in to the use of violence. That's what they (the socialists/progressives) want you to do so they can say "I told you so" about the Tea Party. Don't do it. Don't do it".
    And "We need to fight this social revolution, but not with violence. With peace " "Don't give in to the temptation of violence. Think Gandhi and Dr. King." "Some people I've talked to say it's time to 'take up arms' but I tell you America, don't do it. That's what "they"want. Don't do it."

    And finally from last week on the radio, "We need to look for our next George Washington, a good man, or woman, of honor. Is he/she out there? I think so. I hope we can find him. Because America needs a new Washington."
    Is that "extremism"?
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791
    ________________________________________
    Proud partner of (HR) WR SR Brian's 44Magnum Monster
    co-owned by HR Rianne's 2nd Chance Hurricane Rebel

  7. #27
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Tea Party Patriots Mission Statement and Core Values


    Mission Statement
    The impetus for the Tea Party movement is excessive government spending and taxation. Our mission is to attract, educate, organize, and mobilize our fellow citizens to secure public policy consistent with our three core values of Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government and Free Markets.


    Core Values
    Fiscal Responsibility
    Constitutionally Limited Government
    Free Markets


    Fiscal Responsibility
    Fiscal Responsibility by government honors and respects the freedom of the individual to spend the money that is the fruit of their own labor. A constitutionally limited government, designed to protect the blessings of liberty, must be fiscally responsible or it must subject its citizenry to high levels of taxation that unjustly restrict the liberty our Constitution was designed to protect. Such runaway deficit spending as we now see in Washington D.C. compels us to take action as the increasing national debt is a grave threat to our national sovereignty and the personal and economic liberty of future generations.

    Constitutionally Limited Government
    We, the members of The Tea Party Patriots, are inspired by our founding documents and regard the Constitution of the United States to be the supreme law of the land. We believe that it is possible to know the original intent of the government our founders set forth, and stand in support of that intent. Like the founders, we support states' rights for those powers not expressly stated in the Constitution. As the government is of the people, by the people and for the people, in all other matters we support the personal liberty of the individual, within the rule of law.

    Free Markets
    A free market is the economic consequence of personal liberty. The founders believed that personal and economic freedom were indivisible, as do we. Our current government's interference distorts the free market and inhibits the pursuit of individual and economic liberty. Therefore, we support a return to the free market principles on which this nation was founded and oppose government intervention into the operations of private business.


    Our Philosophy
    Tea Party Patriots, Inc. as an organization believes in the Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government, and Free Markets. Tea Party Patriots, Inc. is a non-partisan grassroots organization of individuals united by our core values derived from the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution of the United States of America, the Bill Of Rights as explained in the Federalist Papers. We recognize and support the strength of grassroots organization powered by activism and civic responsibility at a local level. We hold that the United States is a republic conceived by its architects as a nation whose people were granted "unalienable rights" by our Creator. Chiefly among these are the rights to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." The Tea Party Patriots stand with our founders, as heirs to the republic, to claim our rights and duties which preserve their legacy and our own. We hold, as did the founders, that there exists an inherent benefit to our country when private property and prosperity are secured by natural law and the rights of the individual. As an organization we do not take stances on social issues. We urge members to engage fully on the social issues they consider important and aligned with their beliefs.
    __________________________________________________ __

    Not that hard to find.........


    RK
    And the two values mentioned fit the above listed values.....balanced budget or fiscal responsibility..........and limited constitutional gov't or keeping gov't out of our business.


    Why do you want to fight? You asked for an answer, and I gave you one. One that is supported by the tea party's own statement. you always say you can't get answers....well, you got one. Problem?
    Last edited by dnf777; 02-28-2011 at 09:18 AM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  8. #28
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    First, there is "extremism" going on on both sides. 70,000 (your number) out of 5,654,774 WI residents (2009 US Census estimate) is extremism - an extreme minority, (.01237 by my calculator) Are they supposed to rule just because they're camping out in the Capitol, defying the State Police order to leave? We had reports that to 100,000 at a time were in Cairo out of over 77 million Egyptians, an even lesser percentage, but apparently that's enough to overturn a country. So it is any wonder that people, who were on the majority side of legally uncontested election results, now fear for their liberty? The results were clear, the People of WI spoke, with their peaceful voice, through the ballot box. Since when does PA, CA, NY, NV etc have the right to overturn the results of another state's election?
    This is an attempt at mob rule, a small one but still a mob, with anarchy at it's roots attempting to grow & blossom.
    If they do, then the government IS out of control. If that's not "dangerous" & "extremist", than what really is?

    As far as your statement about the RWM going out of it's way, the LWM went out of it's way to portray the "Tea Partiers" as racist, homophobic, sexist. bigoted, stuck in the past zealots. Hell, even the President used the sexual perjorative "tea baggers" to describe those law abiding citizens who oppose his plans.
    Guess it's just too bad when the same labels are applied to the other side now, and justifiably so..

    But for you to presume to know what's in Beck's heart as he prays is really sad as well. Unless you've changed your listening/viewing habits from your past statements here, you don't even know what he says in public, much less in his heart.
    Because I guess you missed last Friday's TV show, where he closed with: "It's time to give in America. Give in to the power of love. Give in to the loving power of God & Jesus." I guess you've missed all the times on the radio show where he's stated "Don't give in to the use of violence. That's what they (the socialists/progressives) want you to do so they can say "I told you so" about the Tea Party. Don't do it. Don't do it".
    And "We need to fight this social revolution, but not with violence. With peace " "Don't give in to the temptation of violence. Think Gandhi and Dr. King." "Some people I've talked to say it's time to 'take up arms' but I tell you America, don't do it. That's what "they"want. Don't do it."

    And finally from last week on the radio, "We need to look for our next George Washington, a good man, or woman, of honor. Is he/she out there? I think so. I hope we can find him. Because America needs a new Washington."
    Is that "extremism"?
    Good observation, Brian.

    I guess the Right is stuck with Beck and the Left has Olberman. Who got the worst end of that deal?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  9. #29
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    First, there is "extremism" going on on both sides. 70,000 (your number) out of 5,654,774 WI residents (2009 US Census estimate) is extremism - an extreme minority, (.01237 by my calculator) Are they supposed to rule just because they're camping out in the Capitol, defying the State Police order to leave? We had reports that to 100,000 at a time were in Cairo out of over 77 million Egyptians, an even lesser percentage, but apparently that's enough to overturn a country. So it is any wonder that people, who were on the majority side of legally uncontested election results, now fear for their liberty? The results were clear, the People of WI spoke, with their peaceful voice, through the ballot box. Since when does PA, CA, NY, NV etc have the right to overturn the results of another state's election?
    This is an attempt at mob rule, a small one but still a mob, with anarchy at it's roots attempting to grow & blossom.
    If they do, then the government IS out of control. If that's not "dangerous" & "extremist", than what really is?

    As far as your statement about the RWM going out of it's way, the LWM went out of it's way to portray the "Tea Partiers" as racist, homophobic, sexist. bigoted, stuck in the past zealots. Hell, even the President used the sexual perjorative "tea baggers" to describe those law abiding citizens who oppose his plans.
    Guess it's just too bad when the same labels are applied to the other side now, and justifiably so..

    But for you to presume to know what's in Beck's heart as he prays is really sad as well. Unless you've changed your listening/viewing habits from your past statements here, you don't even know what he says in public, much less in his heart.
    Because I guess you missed last Friday's TV show, where he closed with: "It's time to give in America. Give in to the power of love. Give in to the loving power of God & Jesus." I guess you've missed all the times on the radio show where he's stated "Don't give in to the use of violence. That's what they (the socialists/progressives) want you to do so they can say "I told you so" about the Tea Party. Don't do it. Don't do it".
    And "We need to fight this social revolution, but not with violence. With peace " "Don't give in to the temptation of violence. Think Gandhi and Dr. King." "Some people I've talked to say it's time to 'take up arms' but I tell you America, don't do it. That's what "they"want. Don't do it."

    And finally from last week on the radio, "We need to look for our next George Washington, a good man, or woman, of honor. Is he/she out there? I think so. I hope we can find him. Because America needs a new Washington."
    Is that "extremism"?

    I think the thing the "middle of the road independents" hate most about Beck is that everything he says that is going to happen.....uhhh.....HAPPENS!!



    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  10. #30
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    excuse the typing as i only have use of one arm.

    how are folks suppose to know which is the real tea party with so many factions of it out there?

    usually when one google's a topic the most popular links shows at the top of the page and that is what i posted.

    i thought it to be odd that this group of tea partiers wants ron paul removed from office.
    What happened to your arm?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •