The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Give us your guns

Default Give us your guns

I just caught a piece on TxN about the Austin Police either paying people or giving them gift cards if they would voluntarily relinquish their guns. I know that this kind of thing has gone on in other states, and Austin IS the San Francisco of Texas, but I don't particularly like the idea. It seems pretty unlikely that they will take guns out of the hands of many criminals, and this seems to me to be a way to say "guns in and of themselves are bad and a danger to those who own the. If you have a gun, please give it to the government and let us protect you from yourself". Pretty bad when this happens in TEXAS!!
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

When they did that in Pennsylvania, many took in old junk guns, or disassembled them and turned them in as multiple guns, then donated the money to the NRA!!

Gun buy back programs have repeatedly been shown to do NOTHING to reduce crime.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I just caught a piece on TxN about the Austin Police either paying people or giving them gift cards if they would voluntarily relinquish their guns. I know that this kind of thing has gone on in other states, and Austin IS the San Francisco of Texas, but I don't particularly like the idea. It seems pretty unlikely that they will take guns out of the hands of many criminals, and this seems to me to be a way to say "guns in and of themselves are bad and a danger to those who own the. If you have a gun, please give it to the government and let us protect you from yourself". Pretty bad when this happens in TEXAS!!
    While I don't disagree about your Austin sentiments (the Hill Country to the West remains a conservative bastion though), these buy back programs have occurred in Dallas/Ft. Worth as well. Idiocy knows no bounds....

Quote Originally Posted by TxHillHunter View Post

Idiocy knows no bounds...

AMEN, Brother!

Feel good politics. Makes for good comedy among the thieves, hoodlums and gangsters.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if the cops run a full page newspaper thank you to all those that turned in their guns? That would rank right up there with the guy that posted a sign on his lawn that pointed to his neighbor, concerning their views on gun ownership.

Only in America...can you get a quicker response from a pizza delivery than an ambulance, or a 911 call.

KEEP YOUR GUNS, PEOPLE...AND KEEP THEM LOADED AND READY!

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.