The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: RK, and other Cheeseheads...

  1. #1
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default RK, and other Cheeseheads...

    ...are these figures accurate? And if so, how could the Wisconsin voters have waited so long to correct this situation? I don't see where these protesters have a leg to stand on. And the entire nation, that isn't viewing the Wisconsin budget problem through the eyes of a unionist, can now see this has nothing to do with the kids. What a joke.

    The UNIONS UBBER ALLES!!! How can it be viewed any other way?

    UB



    2010 Wisconsin Teacher Actual Wages - Wisc Govt wages expose


    Mercy..........I am in the wrong business. If I move to Wisconsin I can be a garbage man, make up to $160K a year and you guys have to pay for my retirement. What a deal.......Sort of slaps a lot of engineers. How can you justify going to college.............


    ATTACHED: This is the official excel DPI database of teachers wages by school district. Look up your own district !!!


    The current budget repair bill would have them paying about 5.8% towards their own retirement....right now, we the taxpayer, pays 100% of their generous retirement, and most of us pay 100% of our own retirement too.


    AVERAGE WAGE AND BENEFITS (remember this is for about 9 or 10 months of workfor teachers)





    TEACHERS:



    Milwaukee $86,297



    Elmbrook $91,065



    Germantown $83,818



    Hartland Arrwhd $90,285 (highest teacher was $122,952-lowest was $64,942)



    Men Falls $81,099



    West Bend $82,153



    Waukesha $92,902



    Sussex $82,956



    Mequon $95,297



    Kettle Mor $87,676



    Muskego $91,341



    STAFF:



    Arrowhead - Bus Mng - Kopecky - $169,525



    Arrowhead - Principal - Wieczorek - $152,519



    Grmtwn - Asst Princ - Dave Towers - $123,222



    Elmbrk - Burliegh Elemetary - Principal Zahn- $142,315 (for a primary school!!)



    Madison - Asst Principal - McGrath - $127,835



    UNIVERSITY of WISCONSIN STAFF (2009) (salary alone):



    Michael Knetter - Prof of Bus - $327,828



    Carolyn Martin -Chancellor Mad- $437,000



    Hector Deluca - Prof of Nutritional Science - $254,877 (really??)



    (source:Madison.com -as the UW removed salaries from being posted online in 2007- why if they are so low?)



    How about some other "public servant job" ??? What do they make?



    Madison Garbage men (2009) (salary only):



    Garbageman, Mr. Nelson earned $159,258 in 2009, including $109,892 in overtime and other pay. Garbageman, Greg Tatman, who earned $125,598 7 Madison garbage men made over $100,000 30 Madison garbage men made over $70,000



    MILWAUKEE CITY BUS DRIVERS (salary only):



    136 Drivers made more than $70,000



    54 Drivers made more than $80,000



    18 Drivers made more than $90,000



    8 Drivers made more than $100,000



    Top Driver made $117,000



    (Source WTMJ)




    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  2. #2
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,658

    Default

    Add this issue,
    Tell me WTH is goin' out there???
    _______________________________________________

    Hordes Attend Oshkosh Job Faire

    Oshkosh - Some drove hundreds of miles from Michigan and Indiana, tired of dead-end job searches in hometowns where scores of people are still out of work. In all, about 2,500 job applicants stood in line during a two-day job fair at Oshkosh Corp. on Sunday and Monday, some of them waiting more than nine hours to be interviewed for one of roughly 750 openings.

    Including those who applied online and at other times, more than 5,000 people have tried for the work, which is just getting started. The specialty-vehicle maker had put out a call for workers to help it fulfill a new five-year, $3 billion U.S. defense contract.

    David Meinen of Winneconne waited six hours to interview for a $12.99 per hour job prepping vehicles for painting - better pay and benefits than what he earns as a security guard.

    He received an offer, contingent on a background check and a drug test, and he hopes it leads to a solid future at the Fox Valley's largest manufacturer, which is awash in defense business stemming from Iraq and Afghanistan.

    Oshkosh currently has about 2,700 people making military vehicles and is ramping up for the new assignment after winding down an Army contract valued at more than $1 billion. Meinen isn't worried that his job might be phased out in five years.

    "It's worth a chance," he said. "I have confidence that they will find another contract."

    Last week, an official with the United Auto Workers union, which represents the Oshkosh Corp. employees, said he had doubts about whether some of the new jobs would last more than months rather than years.

    "I am not trying to deter anybody from coming here. But it's absolutely not fair for someone to quit another job, uproot their life and move, if they think these are permanent positions," said Perry Graves, UAW Local 578 president.

    Mostly, those words went unheeded by hundreds of the job applicants Sunday and Monday. Many had been unemployed for months, and some for several years, or they were in jobs that didn't have much of a future.

    "At least it gets your foot in the door," said Jim DeBruin of Kaukauna, who spent 18 years as an ironworker before losing that job to the recession. "I am getting too old to crawl around on steel girders."

    DeBruin stood in line more than nine hours Monday - "It kind of reminded me of my basic training in the military," he quipped - to interview for an assembly line job that starts at $16 per hour.

    Oshkosh set up 40 interview stations at the job fair and then added 10 more to accommodate the flood of applicants.

    Some people were turned away Sunday night but were allowed to be first in line for interviews Monday morning.

    Andre Benoit of Grand Rapids, Mich., drove nearly seven hours to attend the job fair. He has worked on construction crews and in warehouses, and he is a certified motorcycle mechanic.

    He wants a job that lasts more than a few years. "I don't think they would hire this many people and not keep them," Benoit said.

    The jobs are based on the five-year military contract to build 23,000 vehicles, according to the company.

    "And we hope to be doing this work 20 years from now," said Rod Wedemeier, vice president of human resources for the company's defense division.

    The depth of experience and skills in the applicant pool was impressive, according to Wedemeier, who interviewed dozens of people. Many were already employed in light manufacturing work at smaller companies.

    "They might be even a little more qualified" than applicants at a job fair the company held in 2009, Wedemeier said.

    The work has heightened the sense of patriotism at the company's assembly plants, where many of the employees are military veterans and reservists.

    Olive-green vehicles and military hardware inching along the assembly lines are constant reminders of the war in Afghanistan.

    Applicant Bea Baird has a son, a daughter and a son-in-law in the Marine Corps and a son in the Air Force. The Chilton woman, who owns a cake business, stood in line for hours to apply for an assembly-line job.

    "For me, it's not all about the money. It's about following my heart," she said.

    Most of the applicants were from within 60 miles of Oshkosh, although some came from Milwaukee and its suburbs.

    Marie Gee of Hartford applied for a job in the human resources department. Her husband, Dwayne, a welder, applied for a $19 per hour position as a welder, a job where the wage rises to more than $22 per hour after two years.

    If they get hired, Marie said, she hopes they can drive to work together, a trip of about an hour and 20 minutes each way. They're not ready to move to Oshkosh even if they get two good-paying jobs.

    "We just built a house in Hartford three years ago. If we sold it now, we would take a big loss," Marie Gee said.

    Oshkosh, like many Wisconsin cities, has a jobless rate of about 9%. Large employers such as clothing maker OshKosh B'Gosh have eliminated hundreds of jobs in recent years, leaving a gaping hole in the area economy.

    Additional work at the truck assembly plants and their suppliers won't fill the employment gap entirely. But the new jobs could change the lives of hundreds of people, since they come with a full pallet of benefits.

    The company expects to add between 25 and 50 employees a week to its payroll.

    And although thousands of people have applied ahead of you, it's not too late to try for a job at Oshkosh - especially if you are a welder.

    "A lot of people we hired in 2009 have told their friends and families about us," Wedemeier said. "We will keep the process open."
    __________________________________________________ ____

    And now, because the union doesn't have enough, thousands of state employees will lose their jobs.

    I don't get it.


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  3. #3
    Senior Member LokiMeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Stoughton, WI
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Hordes Attend Oshkosh Job Faire

    Oshkosh - Some drove hundreds of miles from Michigan and Indiana, tired of dead-end job searches in hometowns where scores of people are still out of work. In all, about 2,500 job applicants stood in line during a two-day job fair at Oshkosh Corp. on Sunday and Monday, some of them waiting more than nine hours to be interviewed for one of roughly 750 openings.
    RK
    That's nothing. My wife is applying for jobs. One government job had 500 applicants for two positions.

    What's happening? People are willing to move for a job, like always. People go where the jobs are. If you look at it this way, one opening for every 3 applicants might not be good. When I have a job opening, I hope to get twice that.
    Kevin Entwistle

    WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010


    "That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

    "Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

  4. #4
    Senior Member jb504079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Amarillo, Tx
    Posts
    147

    Default

    You know, when I found out what our school's Superintendent was getting paid, I was pissed. It's a very small school district, with less than 1200 kids K-12. He makes over 180k a year. All paid for by the tax payers....and the city has raised property taxes 3 out of the last 5 years, just to give school officials raises. It made me mad, but I don't resent them for it. After all, they do earn a living....but when is a salary too high? Would WalMart pay door greeters 195k a year? I think not, unless he was really friendly....but wait, they would be paying him for his qualities. Teachers just keep getting raises, even if they stink on ice....nothing about government makes any sense anymore.

  5. #5
    Senior Member LokiMeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Stoughton, WI
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jb504079 View Post
    You know, when I found out what our school's Superintendent was getting paid, I was pissed. It's a very small school district, with less than 1200 kids K-12. He makes over 180k a year. All paid for by the tax payers....and the city has raised property taxes 3 out of the last 5 years, just to give school officials raises. It made me mad, but I don't resent them for it. After all, they do earn a living....but when is a salary too high? Would WalMart pay door greeters 195k a year? I think not, unless he was really friendly....but wait, they would be paying him for his qualities. Teachers just keep getting raises, even if they stink on ice....nothing about government makes any sense anymore.
    $180k/year? AND he isn't part of the union? Must be a special superintendent.
    Kevin Entwistle

    WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010


    "That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

    "Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

  6. #6
    Senior Member jb504079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Amarillo, Tx
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    $180k/year? AND he isn't part of the union? Must be a special superintendent.
    Although there is no teacher's union, the entire system is still manipulated to inflate teacher salaries, administrative salaries, benefits, and retirement packages. It's called PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM. The difference being, states like Wisconsin allow people to unionize for collective bargaining, which may force the local and state governments to raise taxes, or create a budget shortfall. It still happens in Right to Work States because generally speaking, administrators, or directors in the public sector are by and large liberal, and they just find a way to work around it. But at least our state isn't legally obligated to honor any sort of gauranteed benefit for the next 100 years. After all, how stupid is it to sign a contract that you will pay a person x amount of dollars, pay x amount for their benefits, pay x amount of their retirement for their entire career and beyond??? On top of all that, it's virtually impossible for the employer to fire any employee. lol....Picture this scenario....it's not right. What if that employee turns out to be crap? Well, unless it's something horrible, you cant get rid of em, and you damn sure don't hear politicians routinely talk about "cutting" a teacher's salary down. I hope the Governor in Wisc busts the hell outta the public sector unions which starts a domino effect across America.

  7. #7
    Senior Member menmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    ...are these figures accurate? And if so, how could the Wisconsin voters have waited so long to correct this situation? I don't see where these protesters have a leg to stand on. And the entire nation, that isn't viewing the Wisconsin budget problem through the eyes of a unionist, can now see this has nothing to do with the kids. What a joke.

    The UNIONS UBBER ALLES!!! How can it be viewed any other way?

    UB



    2010 Wisconsin Teacher Actual Wages - Wisc Govt wages expose


    Mercy..........I am in the wrong business. If I move to Wisconsin I can be a garbage man, make up to $160K a year and you guys have to pay for my retirement. What a deal.......Sort of slaps a lot of engineers. How can you justify going to college.............


    ATTACHED: This is the official excel DPI database of teachers wages by school district. Look up your own district !!!


    The current budget repair bill would have them paying about 5.8% towards their own retirement....right now, we the taxpayer, pays 100% of their generous retirement, and most of us pay 100% of our own retirement too.


    AVERAGE WAGE AND BENEFITS (remember this is for about 9 or 10 months of workfor teachers)





    TEACHERS:



    Milwaukee $86,297



    Elmbrook $91,065



    Germantown $83,818



    Hartland Arrwhd $90,285 (highest teacher was $122,952-lowest was $64,942)



    Men Falls $81,099



    West Bend $82,153



    Waukesha $92,902



    Sussex $82,956



    Mequon $95,297



    Kettle Mor $87,676



    Muskego $91,341



    STAFF:



    Arrowhead - Bus Mng - Kopecky - $169,525



    Arrowhead - Principal - Wieczorek - $152,519



    Grmtwn - Asst Princ - Dave Towers - $123,222



    Elmbrk - Burliegh Elemetary - Principal Zahn- $142,315 (for a primary school!!)



    Madison - Asst Principal - McGrath - $127,835



    UNIVERSITY of WISCONSIN STAFF (2009) (salary alone):



    Michael Knetter - Prof of Bus - $327,828



    Carolyn Martin -Chancellor Mad- $437,000



    Hector Deluca - Prof of Nutritional Science - $254,877 (really??)



    (source:Madison.com -as the UW removed salaries from being posted online in 2007- why if they are so low?)



    How about some other "public servant job" ??? What do they make?



    Madison Garbage men (2009) (salary only):



    Garbageman, Mr. Nelson earned $159,258 in 2009, including $109,892 in overtime and other pay. Garbageman, Greg Tatman, who earned $125,598 7 Madison garbage men made over $100,000 30 Madison garbage men made over $70,000



    MILWAUKEE CITY BUS DRIVERS (salary only):



    136 Drivers made more than $70,000



    54 Drivers made more than $80,000



    18 Drivers made more than $90,000



    8 Drivers made more than $100,000



    Top Driver made $117,000



    (Source WTMJ)




    For what it is worth, WI produces some highly productive people. I have worked with numerous people that have attended the University of WI and they all were offer acheivers and well prepared. Maybe Texas should pay their teachers a little more and attact some real talent.

    You are absolutly right. This is not about the kids. They have convinced you that the teachers are over paid and you are not comparing apple to apples when you compare the wages paid to your state either. The union workers know the financial problem and are willing to make sacrificies too, but this is no longer about the money either. It is about doing away with collective bargining.

    You might want to be careful before you jump on that bandwagon because we have all and will continue to benefit from collective bargining.

    Lets think about teachers with no representation. Your city or state officials decides they need a park, road, monument or what ever to make sure they get reelected so in order to pay for it, they cut teachers salaries even more, so your good teachers decide they have to do something else to make a living, so you now have inferior teacher that produce inferior graduates, so 10years from now when my path crosses with a WI person, I find that they a real dumb ass literally.

  8. #8
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    For what it is worth, WI produces some highly productive people. I have worked with numerous people that have attended the University of WI and they all were offer acheivers and well prepared. Maybe Texas should pay their teachers a little more and attact some real talent.

    You are absolutly right. This is not about the kids. They have convinced you that the teachers are over paid and you are not comparing apple to apples when you compare the wages paid to your state either. The union workers know the financial problem and are willing to make sacrificies too, but this is no longer about the money either. It is about doing away with collective bargining.

    You might want to be careful before you jump on that bandwagon because we have all and will continue to benefit from collective bargining.

    Lets think about teachers with no representation. Your city or state officials decides they need a park, road, monument or what ever to make sure they get reelected so in order to pay for it, they cut teachers salaries even more, so your good teachers decide they have to do something else to make a living, so you now have inferior teacher that produce inferior graduates, so 10years from now when my path crosses with a WI person, I find that they a real dumb ass literally.
    What is an offer acheiver?
    Bill Davis

  9. #9
    Senior Member menmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    What is an offer acheiver?
    Does more than the average person...better grades, better employee, better golfer, better shooter, better fisherman, better at everything they attempt than the norm.

  10. #10
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Does more than the average person...better grades, better employee, better golfer, better shooter, better fisherman, better at everything they attempt than the norm.
    Oh... sort of like an Over acheiver. Got it.
    Bill Davis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •