The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sharia rally in DC

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchaser View Post
    You would think that the strong women's right movement in the US would be all over this.
    I wonder about that too when we see the ostensibly feminst anchors & reporters that are all over women's isues here; glass ceilings, equal work/pay, etc., suddenly submissive & covering the heads with scarves when they go on location in the Mid East.
    Yes, I know some will say they're just "showing respect for the culture" but it seems a sell out of their 'principles" for the $'s/ratings.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

http://www.shariah4america.com/Press...-Press-Release

SHARIAH4AMERICA DEMONSTRATION POSTPONED

"We are facing a new colonization by America in the name of helping the people..."
    Ironic, isn't it, that our "liar, warmongering dictator " President (his words, not mine) is now being accused of being a colonist himself of the people he would ostensibly free?

"Our message to the American people has been distorted by the media..."
    "the oppression (in the world) is because of man made law.
    From the ITS website http://www.islamicthinkers.com/index/index.php "Democracy is hypocrisy" - "Rule by divine law not man made law"

"Communism is dead - Capitalism is dying - Islam is the solution"

"Our judgment will not come until a group of (?) arise and conquer the White House"

Oh, I think we're getting Choudary's "message" just fine, thank you.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Unfortunately, the notion of divine law crosses religions. It exists among Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc. Personally, I believe religion has no place in civil law.

That does not mean that the civil laws of a country reject notions of morality that may also be stipulated in one or more religions. What it does mean is that the justification and interpretation of laws is based in civil process, not a religious one. There is also nothing preventing individuals from living their lives in a manner consistent with the laws of their religion as long as, by doing so, they are not breaking other civil laws and they are not demanding that others conform to those laws as well.

Fears of Sharia law are no more relevant than fears of Canonical law, the laws of Leviticus, or Talmudic law. It is only an issue when fanatics attempt to usurp civil law in favor of their own brands of religion.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    It is only an issue when fanatics attempt to usurp civil law in favor of their own brands of religion.
    And what they're willing to do in pursuit of that goal, the usurpation.
    The Ahmedehijads, the Farrakhans, the Choudary's etc labeled as fanatics or whatever, still have a lot of power, influence and money to advance what they believe. And that's why it is and will be an issue, "in our children's lifetime",

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    And what they're willing to do in pursuit of that goal, the usurpation.
    The Ahmedehijads, the Farrakhans, the Choudary's etc labeled as fanatics or whatever, still have a lot of power, influence and money to advance what they believe. And that's why it is and will be an issue, "in our children's lifetime",
    Ahmadinejad clearly has power in Iran, but his influence outside of Iran is limited. Neither Farrakhan nor Choudary is very influential outside of a very small group of followers (not including most blacks or Muslims in America or most Muslims in England). In fact, without the attention of the paranoid press, both would fade into nothing. The fact is that each country gets to determine its own laws. There are many radical Christians in this country who believe that our laws should follow those of the Bible. I put them in the same basket with those who want other forms of religious law to be the basis of governments. Fortunately, we live in a secular country where that is prohibited by our Constitution. Many other countries have no such guarantees. However, I do not see how their decisions in favor of different legal structures for their own countries rises to the level of being a threat to us. It is certainly not in the same class as the threat represented by religious extremists inside our own borders, some of whom occupy seats in the halls of Congress. Happily, Pennsylvania fired Santorum, who fits the role of religious extremist perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Unfortunately, the notion of divine law crosses religions. It exists among Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc. Personally, I believe religion has no place in civil law.

That does not mean that the civil laws of a country reject notions of morality that may also be stipulated in one or more religions. What it does mean is that the justification and interpretation of laws is based in civil process, not a religious one. There is also nothing preventing individuals from living their lives in a manner consistent with the laws of their religion as long as, by doing so, they are not breaking other civil laws and they are not demanding that others conform to those laws as well.

Fears of Sharia law are no more relevant than fears of Canonical law, the laws of Leviticus, or Talmudic law. It is only an issue when fanatics attempt to usurp civil law in favor of their own brands of religion.
    I beleive it was Lord Chamberlain that thought we need not fear the Nazi's, wasn't it???

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

From Wikipedia:
    "Examiner.com has been criticized for its lack of verification and fact-checking of stories published on the site,[19] including accusations of plagiarism."

"Examiner.com is blacklisted on Wikipedia and cannot be used as a reliable source."
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    You would think, but since they didnt come to the aid of Palin when she was attacked in the media, they only support those that further their agenda
    No feminist would ever lay claim to Sarah Palin. She voted against equal pay legislation, which is near the top of their platform.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Zeus, what is the point you're trying to make?
    a) There actually was no shariah rally planned for today?
    b) There is no "Islamic Thinker Society" website?
    c) The video "postponement" statement by Choudary is false/a hoax?

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    No feminist would ever lay claim to Sarah Palin. She voted against equal pay legislation, which is near the top of their platform.
    When and where?
    Bill Davis