The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Americans adamantly opposed to cuts in Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, K-12 educ

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The Republicans and Scott Walker in particular were quite clear in their message.
    I had no confusion whatsoever.
    I worked for Walker and knew exactly what his plans were/are.

And they got elected!!

RK
    I don't see anywhere in his campaign promises that he would bust unions or cut $900 million from school funds

Jobs and economy
    Some voters scoffed at Walker"s pledge to create 250,000 jobs in his four-year term. But economists are as likely as not to say that's a good bet.
    Wisconsin has lost more than 155,000 jobs since the recession began, though private sector employment is up 34,700 in the last year, state figures show.
    It went with less notice, but Walker also promised 10,000 new businesses would be created.
    Walker didn't show many cards on his economic development strategy — targeted tax cuts, restructuring a state agency, staying in touch with business leaders — but his concrete job pledge makes this an easy one to track.
    Education
    Walker and Republicans in the Capitol are primed to remove enrollment caps on private school choice and on virtual charter schools.
    That was a Walker promise, along with bringing back the "qualified economic offer” system for school labor negotiations.
    Walker also promised to grade schools based on quality, allow more teachers without education degrees and end social promotion for third graders who can't read up to standard.
    "Nothing he proposed was out of reach,” said Olsen, who will chair the Senate Education Committee.
    Perhaps the most controversial Walker education pledge is removing residency requirements for teachers.
    Milwaukee city officials long have fought that, saying that ending residency would drain middle-class residents from the city; Walker says it's an arbitrary barrier that keeps qualified teachers from applying in certain districts.
    Natural Resources
    From the specific (appoint "Whitetail Deer trustee”) to the broad (allow increased access to state lands), Walker made a big play for hunter-voters, promising a less-regulated deer hunt and a more "hunter friendly” Department of Natural Resources.
    It appears many of his promises in this area are within his power. For instance: He wants a farmer on the DNR board, audits of fish and wildlife spending and a study group on hunting and the environment.
    Here is a link to his campaign promises

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...browse/?page=1
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 03-04-2011 at 10:05 AM.

How again is he busting the unions? Please try to use your own words as I am asking your opinion not that of the huffington post's or any other liberal blogeshere you frequent daily.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I don't see anywhere in his campaign promises that he would bust unions or cut $900 million from school funds

Jobs and economy
    Some voters scoffed at Walker"s pledge to create 250,000 jobs in his four-year term. But economists are as likely as not to say that's a good bet.
    Wisconsin has lost more than 155,000 jobs since the recession began, though private sector employment is up 34,700 in the last year, state figures show.
    It went with less notice, but Walker also promised 10,000 new businesses would be created.
    Walker didn't show many cards on his economic development strategy — targeted tax cuts, restructuring a state agency, staying in touch with business leaders — but his concrete job pledge makes this an easy one to track.
    Education
    Walker and Republicans in the Capitol are primed to remove enrollment caps on private school choice and on virtual charter schools.
    That was a Walker promise, along with bringing back the "qualified economic offer” system for school labor negotiations.
    Walker also promised to grade schools based on quality, allow more teachers without education degrees and end social promotion for third graders who can't read up to standard.
    "Nothing he proposed was out of reach,” said Olsen, who will chair the Senate Education Committee.
    Perhaps the most controversial Walker education pledge is removing residency requirements for teachers.
    Milwaukee city officials long have fought that, saying that ending residency would drain middle-class residents from the city; Walker says it's an arbitrary barrier that keeps qualified teachers from applying in certain districts.
    Natural Resources
    From the specific (appoint "Whitetail Deer trustee”) to the broad (allow increased access to state lands), Walker made a big play for hunter-voters, promising a less-regulated deer hunt and a more "hunter friendly” Department of Natural Resources.
    It appears many of his promises in this area are within his power. For instance: He wants a farmer on the DNR board, audits of fish and wildlife spending and a study group on hunting and the environment.
    Here is a link to his campaign promises

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...browse/?page=1
    Gee whiz Roger, I am shocked that you just simply don't get it.
    Walker is NOT busting the union.
    He talked in great detail about cutting state spending and how that would be done.

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 03-04-2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

The Republicans and Scott Walker in particular were quite clear in their message.
    I had no confusion whatsoever.
    I worked for Walker and knew exactly what his plans were/are.

And they got elected!!

RK
    They got "elected" alright, now we will see what the people will say after seeing their method of operation. Waiting for 2012 elections

They got "elected" alright, now we will see what the people will say after seeing their method of operation. Waiting for 2012 elections
    Here is a shock for you.....I hardly see you as a spokesman for the people of WI.
    In fact, I am certain you are not.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Here is a shock for you.....I hardly see you as a spokesman for the people of WI.
    In fact, I am certain you are not.

RK
    I am speaking of the elections in general not just the elections in Wisconsin. The "R's" are starting to show their true intentions and I do not think the "people" are liking it.

I am speaking of the elections in general not just the elections in Wisconsin. The "R's" are starting to show their true intentions and I do not think the "people" are liking it.

Well I think the people ARE liking it.

And I think your side is gonna get your heinies kicked even worse next election.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Well I think the people ARE liking it.

And I think your side is gonna get your heinies kicked even worse next election.

RK
    We shall see.

We shall see.
    Yes we shall.
    You didn't learn in the last election, maybe.......nevermind, you'll never learn.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Yes we shall.
    You didn't learn in the last election, maybe.......nevermind, you'll never learn.

RK
    Oh, I think the people have learned alot since the last election.