The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Medicare Oops

Default Medicare Oops

Don't know how we have missed this:

the per person monthly Medicare insurance premium will be increased from the 2009 premium of $96.40 to $104.20 in 2010, $120.20 for the year 2011 AND Yearly increases to a wonderful $247.00 in 2014.

Looks like about 250% increase in Medicare premium for a 5-year period. Makes it clearer why they can take $500 million from Medicare to put into Obamacare.

For any who thought that the seniors were not going to be paying their fair share of all of this ...

Keep in mind that on top of this basic premium which is automatically deducted from the SS benefit, there is also the need for supplemental coverage, and also scrip drug coverage.

Presumably the benefits will not change; and the govt would like to pay the care providers less for the services provided. This should work out just dandy, don't you think? I'd say that the states who still have Medicaid by then should be taking a big hit with seniors who can't afford the supplemental coverages to their basic Medicare.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

And as long as they can call it a "premium", it's not a "tax".

Bottom line is more money out of pocket. A turd, by any other name, would still stink.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

the per person monthly Medicare insurance premium will be increased from the 2009 premium of $96.40 to $104.20 in 2010, $120.20 for the year 2011 AND Yearly increases to a wonderful $247.00 in 2014.

Looks like about 250% increase in Medicare premium for a 5-year period. Makes it clearer why they can take $500 million from Medicare to put into Obamacare.

For any who thought that the seniors were not going to be paying their fair share of all of this ...

Keep in mind that on top of this basic premium which is automatically deducted from the SS benefit, there is also the need for supplemental coverage, and also scrip drug coverage.

Presumably the benefits will not change; and the govt would like to pay the care providers less for the services provided. This should work out just dandy, don't you think? I'd say that the states who still have Medicaid by then should be taking a big hit with seniors who can't afford the supplemental coverages to their basic Medicare.
    That will change if public employee union members have to start paying this!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

Medicare is being means tested! If I'm not mistaken this has been on the books for some time but only applies above certain income levels.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!