The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFLPA vs NFL owners

Default NFLPA vs NFL owners

well its come down to the final hours, another labor dispute, management vs labor...except now its millionaires vs billionaires..who do you side with

IMHO I side with the owners, even though they created the problem by paying outrageous salaries in the first place...wait till some of these players start missing game checks, they tend to forget that the owners already made their money in other ventures, they are not dependent on the NFL franchise to make a living
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    well its come down to the final hours, another labor dispute, management vs labor...except now its millionaires vs billionaires..who do you side with

IMHO I side with the owners, even though they created the problem by paying outrageous salaries in the first place...wait till some of these players start missing game checks, they tend to forget that the owners already made their money in other ventures, they are not dependent on the NFL franchise to make a living
    YEP, a lot of these college educated people playing football in the NFL will be hard pressed to get a job at McDonalds.

They hardly have the people skills for that.
    The poor indentured servants..........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I think both the owners and players should take a cut so that they can lower ticket prices so that fans and not just corporate sponsors can afford tickets!

Return Pro Football To The Fans!

I am also against state governments paying cash tribute to owners who blackmail loyal fans by threatening to move the team if they don't get what they want.

Team names should be the property of the city and if an owner decides to move a team, they won't be able to take the name with them.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I think both the owners and players should take a cut so that they can lower ticket prices so that fans and not just corporate sponsors can afford tickets!

I am also against state governments paying cash tribute to owners who blackmail loyal fans by threatening to move the team if they don't get what they want.

Team names should be the property of the city and if an owner decides to move a team, they won't be able to take the name with them.
    Good luck with that.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

Team names should be the property of the city and if an owner decides to move a team, they won't be able to take the name with them
    I'll go one step further, when an owner gets a franchise in one city,unless the league can show that the city cant support a franchise the owner cant move the team without selling it to someone that will keep the team in the city

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

I'm with Bon on this. Why do individually contracted players need or deserve union "protection". Most of these players are set for life or at least do pretty well for guys just out of college who have plenty of time for another career after football.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

One word:

NCAA
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

They need a union because we regularly see that these young guys have no clue about what to do with all the money they get while playing ... and many of them end up broke, financially & physically. They don't seem to have the capacity to plan for the future.

If the union wanted to help these guys it would be making them safer, and providing for a mandatory savings program for them (that the union never gets to touch!)
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    One word:

NCAA

what do you mean..

I think the players are going to lose and lose big...its going to be difficult for the players to get much fan sympathy,especially when the true fan can hardly afford a ticket to a game, and will probably not earn in a lifetime what some of these guys make in a single year..

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    They need a union because we regularly see that these young guys have no clue about what to do with all the money they get while playing ... and many of them end up broke, financially & physically. They don't seem to have the capacity to plan for the future.

If the union wanted to help these guys it would be making them safer, and providing for a mandatory savings program for them (that the union never gets to touch!)
    The union doesn't protect the guys from blowing their money. They have agents and financial advisers to help them with that. If a person is signing a contract with an employer, that contract should cover wages, benefits, etc. If they need a union, why don't they set pay scale based on position, length of service, etc. so all these prima donnas would earn the same. The players want their salary based on their individual performance but their benefits based on their ability to strike.

Best of both worlds regards,
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth