The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Registering Long Guns in NYS

Default Registering Long Guns in NYS

I don't post here often, but lately I am just over the top with my state.....I just heard about this this morning...I also heard that within the bill (which I have not read yet) they will require you to carry a list of all the long guns you own and possibly even where they are kept in your home!!!!!! (the information would be public and you could request it under Freedom of Information!) Nothing like telling the bad guys where to go, huh!

Along with the overt PITA of it, they are looking for more and more $$$$$ any way they can get it....I also heard they want to make us register all bicycles in the state at a cost of $25.00 a year! ARRRRGHHH. I hate the taxes disquised as "registrations" and "fees".

The world is going nuts and it is starting here! I think I have to move to TX or ND now.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/ot...icle353161.ece

there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

now this is a stupid proposal. i predict it will go nowhere.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

That is ridiculous, and serves no real purpose. It does nothing to track or control illegal firearms. I hope gun owners in NY come out in force against this proposed bill.

Paul...I certainly hope you are right!
    I already notified my senators and assemblymen my personal opinions. But the world seems to be going so crazy these days, you just can't say "never" anymore. Especially when NYC is involved-since the sponser is from Brooklyn.

I wish upstate could succeed from the City......It is truly the land of fruits and nuts down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    That is ridiculous, and serves no real purpose. It does nothing to track or control illegal firearms. I hope gun owners in NY come out in force against this proposed bill.
    The gun control issue has NEVER been about illegal guns or criminals.

It is about disarming the citizenry!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Tom Sangster
    Winterville, GA

RK - We all know what you are saying is the truth.

Tsangster - I loved this part of your article "The random thug that wants to break into homes, I don't think that person has the wherewithal to match names, go through all those processes they'd have to go through to commit a crime like that," Zalewski said. "If it's the names alone, I side with the attorney general."

all those "processes" would only take looking your name and address up on the internet!
    not that tough even for a "dumb" criminal.
    They just arrested two men here in Rochester for impersonating FBI agents, in order to commit burgleries! No they were not that smart because they got caught, but they still expended the effort to make it worth their while.

I guess it also helps the government find the guns when they decide to be the thugs, right?